What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Watched seasons 1 & 2 of American Horror Story. Both started out as intriguing mysteries and both petered out into nothing. Disappointing really. Didn't really get any closure or answers for any of the originally great storylines.

I'm half way through the second season and I like the one shot episodes more then the story line episodes.

it's a good concept and I'm enjoying these horror TV shows. good change of pace.

Springs

First Grade
I'm half way through the second season and I like the one shot episodes more then the story line episodes.

it's a good concept and I'm enjoying these horror TV shows. good change of pace.

I loved it until the last three eps. The mysteries were good, the atmosphere was good, the asylum sets were fantastic, the characters were good and many were surprisingly three-dimensional for a horror series. Hopefully you like the ending more than I did.

Someone

Bench
has anyone seen 'true detective'?

stars matthew mcconaughey and woody harrelson. 8 parter crime show, apparently every season the cast gets replaced. hearing goods things about this, only 2 episodes have aired and people are raving.

elyod138

Bench

stars matthew mcconaughey and woody harrelson. 8 parter crime show, apparently every season the cast gets replaced. hearing goods things about this, only 2 episodes have aired and people are raving.

I've seen both episodes.

I love it.

It's very slow and character driven, which is right up my alley.

Some people won't like it.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Flick on to One hd at 10:30pm and watch a tv show called 'Sleeper Cell'. Absolutely hooked into it. Michael Ealy's performance is fantastic. Lot of twists and drama.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I have seen the opening 2 episodes of Parks (it was shown back to back in the States), where most of the core members go to London... very enjoyable. Will watch episode 3 after the footy tonight.

Not a big TV watcher per se, but I am on the lookout for a new show. Keen to give Mad Men a go... is the hype justified?

You asked this months ago but its an excellent show but it is a bit slow at first. It is beautifully shot though. I mean the show has had a huge influence upon fashion and tastes so it must be doing something right.

I have been rewatching the shield which is pretty fantastic but I have caught up with True Detective and again its a bit slow and character driven but the acting is top notch and its very interesting.

some11

Referee

Very... slow. But it just started.

McConaughey's character is a little overbearing but Harrelson's offsets it a bit.

Characters have been setup, time for some major story progress this week.

elyod138

Bench
Characters have been setup, time for some major story progress this week.

The creator has stated that the show is mainly a character study and everything else takes a back seat. I don't see it deviating from the formula of the first three episodes.

Springs

First Grade
Bought the season 3 DVD of Sherlock, because f**k waiting for Channel 9's programming so I can sit through 2 hours of ads with the show jammed in somewhere.

elyod138

Bench
The creator has stated that the show is mainly a character study and everything else takes a back seat. I don't see it deviating from the formula of the first three episodes.

The latest episode definitely turned it up a notch, that was INTENSE.

Generalzod

Immortal
Has anyone seen from dusk to dawn the series just finished watching it on sbs2.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
Watched the first episodes of the new series of 24, Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire.
WD and BE are still great.
24 still frustrates the hell out of me at times, but it is a decent way to spend an hour.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Watched the first few episodes of The Returned, just an even more boring version of resurrection.

Binge-watched Spartacus on Netflix. Questionable acting, cheesy dialogue, lots of Sex and violence...... loved it.

alien

Referee
watched the first season of "falling skies" a few years ago and just recently bought season 2 and 3 on blu ray, and have just started watching season 2. it's not bad

Latest posts