What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slater or Hayne

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hayne's as elusive a runner as I've ever seen, and a superb last line defender as well as we saw in the Origin. But a playmaker he isn't. If he were he'd have been put in the halves years ago.

So while Hayne is going to get you a few tries against flabbergasted defences that hold off him, the playmaking fullbacks will get your entire team moving.

Honestly I wouldn't swap him for Moylan, especially at the price he would command.

There are 2 options:

1. You don't even watch league. Too busy talking to your RLW magazine to see what is happening in the games.

2. You are Ricky Stuart

Either way, that is a massive load of uninformed dribble.

carcharias

Immortal
How exactly does that reflect on Hayne?

So him being the best player and capt (?) can have his team get flogged 40 odd nil and this has no reflection on him?

He showed a bit of form against my busted arse jokes of a team last week but surely your not going to use that as a gauge?

natheel

Coach
So him being the best player and capt (?) can have his team get flogged 40 odd nil and this has no reflection on him?

He showed a bit of form against my busted arse jokes of a team last week but surely your not going to use that as a gauge?

Haynes didn't play vs warriors the second time round this year

JJ

Immortal

He didn't play against us (Warriors), mate - coach left him at home... not much he could do about it

carcharias

Immortal
He didn't play against us (Warriors), mate - coach left him at home... not much he could do about it

Well if you read my original post you would have seen that that was my question.
I asked did he play in that game FFS.

When nobody said he didn't play I assumed he must have.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
we also had 8 other first graders out, the coach pulled the right reign and rested him. It's the the first time he has been close to 100% fit this time of the year since 2010 when he was outstanding.

As for Frog comments I can only lol, you can have Moylan who is a damn good young footballer but I'll prefer the best player in the game thanks.

natheel

Coach
I wouldn't swap Hayne for any other fullback in the game as I'm sure storm fans wouldn't swap slater

carcharias

Immortal
I wouldn't swap Hayne for any other fullback in the game as I'm sure storm fans wouldn't swap slater

Any team would be happy to have either
I just reckon so far slater has been more consistantly good over a longer period of time.
When Hayne is 30 we can judge.
When slater was Haynes age he was possibly the best player in the game.
Time will tell.

Id have both in my team
Put Hayne at 5/8 or centre.
He is more versatile.

POPEYE

Coach
we also had 8 other first graders out, the coach pulled the right reign and rested him. It's the the first time he has been close to 100% fit this time of the year since 2010 when he was outstanding.

As for Frog comments I can only lol, you can have Moylan who is a damn good young footballer but I'll prefer the best player in the game thanks.

You'll never get Cam Smith

JJ

Immortal
Well if you read my original post you would have seen that that was my question.
I asked did he play in that game FFS.

When nobody said he didn't play I assumed he must have.

assumed your question was rhetorical

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You'll never get Cam Smith
Maybe we can offer him four contracts??????

I'll take Peats at a quarter of the cost, up until this year I would have agreed with you about Smith being the best player in the game. The last 6 or 7 years he was has been the most consistent, smartest, toughest and best player in the game. Doesn't make him any less of a grubby cheat though.

Joely01

Bench
Hayne's as elusive a runner as I've ever seen, and a superb last line defender as well as we saw in the Origin. But a playmaker he isn't. If he were he'd have been put in the halves years ago.

So while Hayne is going to get you a few tries against flabbergasted defences that hold off him, the playmaking fullbacks will get your entire team moving.

Honestly I wouldn't swap him for Moylan, especially at the price he would command.

What did i just read?

:lol:

natheel

Coach
Any team would be happy to have either
I just reckon so far slater has been more consistantly good over a longer period of time.
When Hayne is 30 we can judge.
When slater was Haynes age he was possibly the best player in the game.
Time will tell.

Id have both in my team
Put Hayne at 5/8 or centre.
He is more versatile.

Undoubtedly slater has been more consistent but it'll be interesting to see how Hayne goes over the next 5 years. If he carries on this type of form no doubt he will be talked about as one of the best fullbacks along with slater to play the game

What irks me is how people are saying he's pulling a dud eels team this year. We have an inexperienced team so he's a big cog in the machine but our forwards mostly are doing a very good job to allow Hayne with the time and space to do what he does best.

Pauli, Paulo (junior), mannah, Edwards and Mau have all been playing very well even David Gower is playing above his potential. If we can keep these young forwards coming through it'll help Hayne achieve consistency

Last edited:

Dufmack

Juniors

I think he is an excellent playmaker, at least in the fullback role. He has been put in the halves because of this but his athleticism is much better suited to fullback. He can deliver excellent cut-out balls and is great at skipping across the field drawing the man and putting his centre in space.