What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glory Glory - The Manchester United Thread II

ggmu

Juniors
Wayne Rooney has been named our new captain with Fletcher the new VC both good picks IMO

Last edited:

Tommax25

Bench
Could they get some f**king signings done ffs? Jeez what is their problem in getting deals across the line the last few years? If we start the season with just Herrera and Shaw that's a fail. Not that they're bad but it is not enough and everyone knows it.

Good choices on captains though. Rooney will relish it, should bring out his best.

Tommax25

Bench
I posted that two days ago and since then Bayern are rumoured to have entered the race for Vidal, which probably means we'd be out. That Rojo deal that seemed destined to happen also has hit a crazy snag, They just can't get shit done! So frustrating.

Jimbo

Immortal
You guys are probably having the same problem Liverpool had over the last couple of years

Good players want to play European football

saint.nick

Coach
Could they get some f**king signings done ffs? Jeez what is their problem in getting deals across the line the last few years? If we start the season with just Herrera and Shaw that's a fail. Not that they're bad but it is not enough and everyone knows it.

Good choices on captains though. Rooney will relish it, should bring out his best.

You are feeling the exact same shit as us LFC fans have felt the past couple of years. We all recognised the UCL disadvtange, but we all thought it was also Ian Ayre just being a f**k up. Maybe he wasn't after all, because he's done well this window. There's still 2 weeks left. Deadline day itself can worth about 3 days of transfer activity...

Jason Maher

Immortal
The choice of Rooney as captain is a master stroke, for mine. The extra responsibility on his shoulders should hopefully calm the nutjob side of him and allow the work his arse off, lead by example side of him to dominate, as well as his natural talent.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Had to listen to it about 3 times before I could work out what that kid was saying.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Rojo is exactly what we need if we want to play 3 at the back. Jones + Smalling + Evans + Blackett + Keane is a pretty shallow talent pool.

Allegedly Di Maria is coming as well, which would help our midfield considerably. Finally getting rid of Nani is just a cherry on top if both rumours prove true.

ggmu

Juniors
Rojo is exactly what we need if we want to play 3 at the back. Jones + Smalling + Evans + Blackett + Keane is a pretty shallow talent pool.

Allegedly Di Maria is coming as well, which would help our midfield considerably. Finally getting rid of Nani is just a cherry on top if both rumours prove true.

Yeah Rojo seems perfect for the LCB position can also cover for Shaw at LB if we play a back 4 so at least we hopefully never have to see Young play at left back. Di Maria would be awesome but it's a rumor I'll believe when I see him holding our shirt. Also agree bout Nani would be good to see him go. If Fellani goes to Napoli it would be even better haha

Tommax25

Bench
I'll believe Rojo when I see it. Same for Di Maria and anyone else you care to name. Transfer dealings have been poor for a few years now so until a player actually signs I'm not considering them as a part of the teams future, and this attitude won't change until the club fixes up whatever problem they seem to be having in closing deals.

ggmu

Juniors
I'll believe Rojo when I see it. Same for Di Maria and anyone else you care to name. Transfer dealings have been poor for a few years now so until a player actually signs I'm not considering them as a part of the teams future, and this attitude won't change until the club fixes up whatever problem they seem to be having in closing deals.

Been announced by Man United and Sporting, subject to medical and personal terms so would take a monumental f**k up for this not to go through now

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Rojo will be a quality addition for you guys. Was hoping LFC would be in for him if we weren't after Moreno. Fully expecting the $$$ to start flying now with you, reckon there will be 3-4 additions before the window shuts.

Jason Maher

Immortal
So many midfielders/wingers who failed to contribute last year, some for much longer than that. Anderson, Young, Nani, Cleverley, Kagawa, Fellaini, Carrick (who was brilliant in 12/13), Fletcher (the only one with a decent excuse), Giggs (I think we can forgive him). If we persist with the 3-5-2 formation, then attacking wingers like Young and Nani will be spare wheels. Valencia has shown ability to go back as well as forward and has the speed to work in the wing-back role, and Shaw and Rafael have shown plenty of ability to go forward. Lingard looked pretty good before he got injured. Not sure how Januzaj will fit the system, as he's definitely an attackig player. Probably will eventually shift infield. He's ridiculously talented, so I hope we find room for him somewhere. Funnily enough, I think Evra may have worked better in the role than he did at left back. Always thought he looked better going forward than he did as a defender.

I'd say we need another decent defensive mid to go along with Carrick, and another quality attacking mid to go with Mata and Herarra. I still think Cleverley and Kagawa could come good under Van Gaal. Fletcher is really a depth player these days. Be interesting whether Zaha and Powell kick on at all or get shipped off.

Probably need another defender or two as cover as well.