What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL investigating property transaction between Eels prop Darcy Lussick and a company

Posted without Comment.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...die-obeid-family/story-fni3ga7r-1227024537797

DailyTelegraph.com.au said:
NRL investigating property transaction between Eels prop Darcy Lussick and a company connected to Eddie Obeid family
JOSH MASSOUD, JAMES HOOPER & REBECCA WILSON EXCLUSIVE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH AUGUST 14, 2014 4:31PM

THE NRL is looking into a property transaction between Eels prop Darcy Lussick and a company connected to the family of corrupt ex-State Labor MP, Eddie Obeid.

Gerard Obeid controls the company which sold the property

A Daily Telegraph investigation — to be published in full tomorrow — has found a link between the Obeid family and Parramatta.

It concerns an apartment Lussick purchased in Sydney’s west 12 months ago from a company wholly controlled by one of Obeid’s sons, Gerard.

Lussick’s manager Wayne Beavis said the purchase was legitimate and backed by the appropriate paperwork

The Daily Telegraph has also uncovered information that Eddie Obeid Jnr was in talks with Parramatta in early 2011, when the club was attempting to lure half-back Chris Sandow from South Sydney.

The NRL declined to comment specifically, however The Daily Telegraph understands its salary cap team has been aware of the Obeid link for some time.

“Now that they have been raised, those are the kind of matters which would form part of the regular audits we conduct at each club,” the spokesman said.

Jodeci

Bench
I agree SDM. The shame he has brought on the club.....

Or any excuse

Your both actually wrong.

It has nothing to do with our actual club

Go read the article again and read the T&C on 3rd party agreements.

It was a deal done between the player manager and player. We pay him under the cap and 3rd party sponsors are organized by the player manager and not the club

What Wayne Beavis does is completely within reason.

All 3rd party deals need to be approved by the NRL salary cap auditor.

I bet Meriton do the same for the Tigers. But because it involves the O'Beids, then it becomes a subject matter.

84 Baby

Referee
I'm interested to know what position Obeid Jnr plays? Would he have been a direct alternative to Sandow?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Your both actually wrong.

It was a deal done between the player manager and player. We pay him under the cap and 3rd party sponsors are organized by the player manager and not the club

What Wayne Beavis does is completely within reason.

All 3rd party deals need to be approved by the NRL salary cap auditor.

I bet Meriton do the same for the Tigers. But because it involves the O'Beids, then it becomes a subject matter.

Oh, we're both being facetious because we think Lussick is a waste of $400k+ per year, and want him sacked to free up the cash to spend it well.

Sorry! I'm sure we both concur with you otherwise.

Jodeci

Bench
Oh, we're both being facetious because we think Lussick is a waste of $400k+ per year, and want him sacked to free up the cash to spend it well.

Sorry! I'm sure we both concur with you otherwise.

OMC

I'm willing to drive a Lussick back home now

bartman

Immortal

All true J, unless it did somehow have something to do with someone who is or was involved in our club.

An alleged link between the Obeids, their ICAC hearing and our club has been rumoured for some time, and I think even mentioned on radio? Of course it would be wrong for me to speculate about any particular person at the centre of the rumoured alleged link here, so like MITS I'll avoid any further comment on this until a later date.

There is some scuttlebutt going around on Sterlo that there will be a Major Story breaking in the Telegraph, involving a Sydney Club and the Salary cap.

Let me say this as well. If you look at the Article, it has 3 reporters in the byline for an article that is a few lines long.

Massoud, Hooper and Wilson.

Wait, which is the untrustworthy journo? Wasn't it Proszenko?

Proszenko from the SMH was sitting with Spags and Lyn Wallace at the League Club AGM I am told. He is the one that has been publishing things in relation to T. Leabeater and his AVO's

Massoud is rumored to have been the defacto media manager of the 3P campaign in 2009.

Latest posts