What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Eels Membership

84 Baby

Referee
No it wasn't me. I just returned from maternity leave recently so am back on a part time basis, in the office Monday and Tuesday.

If you had trouble with the phone line would you mind dropping me a PM with your details so we can follow up for you. Apologies the team member who answered the phone wasn't able to hear you.

My main question was in regards to how 1300 BLUE GOLD translates to 1300 258 346?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
larissa genuine question here....

i'm in brisbane and the interstate membership being the only one i believe relates to me offers 4 games in sydney, i'm lucky to get down there once a year lately.

surely there's a way to present better value for us brisbanites?

eg a combination of both titans and broncos games + fans day bbq exclusive invite like the one on the gold coast earlier this year?

and thanks to whoever it was for letting this thread continue

larissa genuine question here....

i'm in brisbane and the interstate membership being the only one i believe relates to me offers 4 games in sydney, i'm lucky to get down there once a year lately.

surely there's a way to present better value for us brisbanites?

eg a combination of both titans and broncos games + fans day bbq exclusive invite like the one on the gold coast earlier this year?

and thanks to whoever it was for letting this thread continue

They needed to vet my identity before letting the thread continue.

The challenge we have with interstate games is that we don't always have reciprocal arrangements with the interstate teams, so we often have to purchase the seats at Brisbane or Titans games for face value. We also often do not know the final draw before going on sale. Your feedback is certainly relevant to many discussions we have had internally about how we best structure these packages.

Having said that, we will be doing a lot more in the way over interstate functions and Member exclusives to grow our interstate Membership base.

84 Baby

Referee
I'm not an expert with the alphanumeric phone numbers, but I believe when the letters are longer than the usual phone number it doesn't make a difference. The call still goes through to the same line, which is the Parramatta Eels reception desk.

:sarcasm: Welcome! It turns out you are right :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Larissa

I think it might be a good idea to explain the difference between the FC club membership and the Leagues club membership.

phantom eel

First Grade
Welcome Larissa, and thanks for reaching out.

Apologies in advance for some of the people you will (and have) encountered on the forum.
Wow these phantom accounts are getting really intricate
Oi, what are you trying to say? ;-)

EelsFan05

Bench
Why don't the regular class clowns cut the garbage. Everyone is quick to whine about the level of communication from the club, including memberships. Here we have a direct contact with the club and some of you went to carry on like kids trying entertain bone headed class mates.

Welcome Larissa. Hopefully you can hang around and answer some questions when they come up.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Why don't the regular class clowns cut the garbage. Everyone is quick to whine about the level of communication from the club, including memberships. Here we have a direct contact with the club and some of you went to carry on like kids trying entertain bone headed class mates.

Welcome Larissa. Hopefully you can hang around and answer some questions when they come up.

I was coming here to write something similar.

guruminga

Juniors
This thread should be a sticky, then the Mods could delete the crap. Like others have said, we've been offered a line of communication directly with the club, but I can't see it lasting the way some of you mob are going.

G

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think it's fair enough that some were skeptical when someone posts on the forums claiming to be from the marketing team. And, IF someone was going to post here, then they might reasonably expect a bit of turmoil initially - would require a thick skin.

Moving on!
I have a genuine memberships question: Is it possible for us to offer 'reciprocal rights' to the Cowboys and Titans?

Second question, slightly related: could we offer some heavily discounted seating for Cowboys games? Traditionally they are a very poor 'draw' for us, and it's no fun being 1 of just 9,000 people watching the game. Is it possible to offer something like 5,000 tickets at just $5 for that game? [I know there are a stack of hassles that would accompany any such offer]

Chipmunk

Coach
Serious Question - Is the Club able to have a new membership like a 'ticketed membership' that doesn't actually give you a ticket? I would call it a 'virtual ticket membership'

My reasoning is I live in Canberra and very rarely get to Sydney. I am not likely to buy a membership that will also include a game in Canberra in the middle of winter in Round 26, as there is no point buying a membership when the Home Team is likely to be giving away plenty of freebies during that week to just to get a crowd of 5000 through the gate.

But it would be handy to have a ticketed membership for when I have to buy my 2015 Grand Final tickets to watch Parra win the Premiership.

PS - Perhaps you should contact the Raiders now to get Eels Members free entry to the Raiders Rd 26. I'm sure they would be interested to be able to get more than 5000 at the game

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Chipmunk: if you buy a B&G army membership, you get the option to purchase GF tickets early.
If you want to buy them even earlier, you could shell out the dosh for the lowest ticketed membership?

Or they could introduce the 'GF ticketed membership' - but I think the whole point of giving the ticketed members an extra chance is something of a reward for actually turning up (or at least forking out for the right to turn up if they like).

I think it's fair enough that some were skeptical when someone posts on the forums claiming to be from the marketing team. And, IF someone was going to post here, then they might reasonably expect a bit of turmoil initially - would require a thick skin.

Moving on!
I have a genuine memberships question: Is it possible for us to offer 'reciprocal rights' to the Cowboys and Titans?

Second question, slightly related: could we offer some heavily discounted seating for Cowboys games? Traditionally they are a very poor 'draw' for us, and it's no fun being 1 of just 9,000 people watching the game. Is it possible to offer something like 5,000 tickets at just $5 for that game? [I know there are a stack of hassles that would accompany any such offer]

Hi there,

The moderators have vetted me so please be assured I am who I say I am!

Reciprocal rights between teams is a discussion point at NRL Membership Managers meetings, however as yet a decision has not been made. I'm all for that sort of thing, even if it were a limited number of tickets to each teams game. Unfortunately there are some club's who are reluctant of this kind or arrangement. We are trying to come up with a whole of game solution, rather than having different arrangements for different opposing teams.

Completely agree on ticket pricing. Another project I am currently investigating is establishing tiered pricing for games based on scheduling and opponent. I;m a firm believer that all games are not created equal, and as such should be reflected in price. Will keep you posted on how it progresses.

Larissa

Serious Question - Is the Club able to have a new membership like a 'ticketed membership' that doesn't actually give you a ticket? I would call it a 'virtual ticket membership'

My reasoning is I live in Canberra and very rarely get to Sydney. I am not likely to buy a membership that will also include a game in Canberra in the middle of winter in Round 26, as there is no point buying a membership when the Home Team is likely to be giving away plenty of freebies during that week to just to get a crowd of 5000 through the gate.

But it would be handy to have a ticketed membership for when I have to buy my 2015 Grand Final tickets to watch Parra win the Premiership.

PS - Perhaps you should contact the Raiders now to get Eels Members free entry to the Raiders Rd 26. I'm sure they would be interested to be able to get more than 5000 at the game

Oldmancraigy is correct. A Blue & Gold Army Membership give you all the Member exclusive content via our emails, discounts on membership and official team merchandise, as well as access to SOO, Finals and Grand Finals pre-sales.

Latest posts