What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Eels Membership

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think a better description is verified your identity.

We aint vets.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Also one of our complaints from us country bumpkins is that we would have to pay alot of money with no real benefit if you live 1,000 ks away from Parra Stadium.

We want to join but we pay alot of money for benefits that we cannot use due to our location.

I used to be a member which only cost about $25 or $50 (cant remember) but then it went up alot and included alot of bells and whistles which we could not use.

Eels have fans all over the country and overseas which would benefit if we went back to the old system.

Chipmunk

Coach
Chipmunk: if you buy a B&G army membership, you get the option to purchase GF tickets early.
If you want to buy them even earlier, you could shell out the dosh for the lowest ticketed membership?

Or they could introduce the 'GF ticketed membership' - but I think the whole point of giving the ticketed members an extra chance is something of a reward for actually turning up (or at least forking out for the right to turn up if they like).

Oldmancraigy is correct. A Blue & Gold Army Membership give you all the Member exclusive content via our emails, discounts on membership and official team merchandise, as well as access to SOO, Finals and Grand Finals pre-sales.

Ok, sounds good, I will look into the Blue and Gold Army membership next year.

On another note, was there a prize for the winner of the "Race to 20K Members" we had going with the Dogs? i.e. Did the loser have to forfiet their place in the Finals for instance?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Also one of our complaints from us country bumpkins is that we would have to pay alot of money with no real benefit if you live 1,000 ks away from Parra Stadium.

We want to join but we pay alot of money for benefits that we cannot use due to our location.

I used to be a member which only cost about $25 or $50 (cant remember) but then it went up alot and included alot of bells and whistles which we could not use.

Eels have fans all over the country and overseas which would benefit if we went back to the old system.

Whaddaya mean Twizz? Isn't B&G army membership still only $40-50??

I know you get a 10% discount on tickets for that (which you can't use), but you also get an awesome cap! Ok, so supporting the club is a huge part of it.

If you're keen to attend games, I believe they also have 3-4 game memberships?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Ok, sounds good, I will look into the Blue and Gold Army membership next year.

On another note, was there a prize for the winner of the "Race to 20K Members" we had going with the Dogs? i.e. Did the loser have to forfiet their place in the Finals for instance?

I think the loser had to give up a late try in a game. Dogs reneged.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Whaddaya mean Twizz? Isn't B&G army membership still only $40-50??

I know you get a 10% discount on tickets for that (which you can't use), but you also get an awesome cap! Ok, so supporting the club is a huge part of it.

If you're keen to attend games, I believe they also have 3-4 game memberships?

I'm talking footy club membership. I had voting rights but never voted as I was worried about falling asleep on the drive home.

Joely01

Bench
Hi Larissa, are the membership team looking into ways to improve the packs we receive when becoming a member?
Compared to a few other teams i think we are lacking in quality for our packs.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Another question

I've seen clubs like the Broncos and Rabbitohs encouraging ticketed members to 'share' their seat with a mate if they are unable to attend. I realize there is a downside to this kind of policy, but is that something we do? Or would do?

Another question

I've seen clubs like the Broncos and Rabbitohs encouraging ticketed members to 'share' their seat with a mate if they are unable to attend. I realize there is a downside to this kind of policy, but is that something we do? Or would do?

Great news, we will be offering our Members the same ability in 2015. This on top of the Seat Warmer program (which allows Members to put their seat back up for public sale, and be rewarded with credit at the Eels Store if it is re-sold) are some of the ways we are trying to add more value for Members. It's also an important way for us to retain Members who still want to join, but cant necessarily make it out to every match.

Hi Larissa, are the membership team looking into ways to improve the packs we receive when becoming a member?
Compared to a few other teams i think we are lacking in quality for our packs.

We are definitely looking to improve the quality of our membership packs.

Are there any items in particular you would like to see, or aren't a huge fan of?

Captain BF

Juniors
G'day Larissa,

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

Will there be a change in price (An increase as i would never expect it to decrease, because that's not how business works) for season tickets/memberships for next season as there have been for the current and previous couple of seasons?

Cheers!

G'day Larissa,

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

Will there be a change in price (An increase as i would never expect it to decrease, because that's not how business works) for season tickets/memberships for next season as there have been for the current and previous couple of seasons?

Cheers!

The vast majority of prices will remain the same, one or two packages will in fact decrease in price.

I disagree omc. Much of the childish antics continued after it was confirmed this lady was from the club.

I'm not stopping my childishness just because someone from the Club posts here.

I do have standards, you know...

We are definitely looking to improve the quality of our membership packs.

Are there any items in particular you would like to see, or aren't a huge fan of?

A good cap and a good keyring are the cornerstones for me. If that's all I get then I'm happy.

But, in terms of stickers...I'd like one with just the logo and that's it. You can get Rabbitohs ones, Dogs ones, Dragons ones with just the logo and I think we should follow suit. Maybe just put a 15 underneath or above it or whatever for next year's membership, but a big rectangle one that has writing is not to my personal taste.

If we just had the logo it would place well on the rear windshield of our cars.

A good cap and a good keyring are the cornerstones for me. If that's all I get then I'm happy.

I've always found the caps to be a poor fit - never quite tall enough to fit right - or perhaps I have an unusually large head?

But, in terms of stickers...I'd like one with just the logo and that's it. You can get Rabbitohs ones, Dogs ones, Dragons ones with just the logo and I think we should follow suit. Maybe just put a 15 underneath or above it or whatever for next year's membership, but a big rectangle one that has writing is not to my personal taste.

If we just had the logo it would place well on the rear windshield of our cars.

Agreed.

golfer

Juniors
Larissa

I currently have a family season pass and one of the children turns 16 in January 2015. Am I able to renew the membership as is or do I have to nominate another child and get an adult membership for the 16 year old.

I've always found the caps to be a poor fit - never quite tall enough to fit right - or perhaps I have an unusually large head?

Same with me but I think that's 'cause my head is big. No caps seem to fit me properly. As long as it's good quality and a good design then I'm OK with it.

Probably due to my large brain.

Just in terms of cap design...our colours are pretty shit for a general wear cap. Souths have the right idea with the white cap with the black logo, as those shades can go pretty well with anything and minimalist designs have a bit of class about them.

That's what we need. A white cap with a minimalist black logo and it will fit with a wider range of clothing and have the potential to be more of a general wear item and not something that just fits with our jerseys.

jimmy77au

Juniors
Same with me but I think that's 'cause my head is big. No caps seem to fit me properly. As long as it's good quality and a good design then I'm OK with it.

Probably due to my large brain.

Just in terms of cap design...our colours are pretty shit for a general wear cap. Souths have the right idea with the white cap with the black logo, as those shades can go pretty well with anything and minimalist designs have a bit of class about them.

That's what we need. A white cap with a minimalist black logo and it will fit with a wider range of clothing and have the potential to be more of a general wear item and not something that just fits with our jerseys.

Why cant the Eels come up with a New Era Thirtynine 30 or fiftynine 50 Members hat - I'd happily pay slightly more for my young bloke to wear one thats a little more stylish (by kids terms for the 59 50) than the generic caps they have now - surely as a club - they can come to an arrangement with New Era to not charge $50 for it either!

Hello Larissa,

Welcome to the forum.

I would put forward to idea's for memberships.

1) If a ticketed member has a seat undercover (Thronett / Cronin Stands) they are offered a choice of the same seat at ANZ stadium or to move to Level 4 east (near where they can sit during reciprocal rights games) to ensure they will be undercover and dry if it does rain on game day / night.

2) if it hasn't been raised before by others in the thread, there are some who would like to see the ANZ stadium games of a season ticket removed, so they can get a ticket just for Pirtek Stadium, (at of course a cheaper price). Personally I think this is were the seat warmer program would be great for those that can't get over the fact that we as a club need to grow and that means playing at larger venues that accommodate more people.

Thanks again for your time.