What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor Appointed Full Time

Godz Illa

Coach
technically! steve price was at the helm that day if i recall? Yea 1 premiership is great but it could of easily been another 1 or 2? I dont get any satisfaction out of being minor premiers to be honest!

Good news then: you won't have to worry about minor premierships for a while

RedPenno

Juniors
Seems to me McGregor has done quite well so far with prices team, so many people on here raving about how the dragons world is going to collapse with Mary as coach when the poor guy has inherited what he has at present. At least let him get a team he wants before slitting your wrists & hopefully he will convert a lot of people. I HOPE Anyway congrates to Marry & go the mighty Red V

St Georgio

Juniors
I think 3 is too long, but anyway I believe Mary will do well, he was a great Center in his prime, unlike Price who hadn't played at the highest level.
Now all we need, is to bring in Mick Potter and my second coaching prediction will pay off.

Gomarchin

Juniors
He is in the same era as paul green and mcfadden and they have done quite well and mary is the same i recall they all have been signed up so were really in the same situation and itll be a good thing..soward talked him up and look at him...this could be a master stroke mr doust!

I hope I'm wrong about Mary but I spent 2.5 years saying the same about Price but guess what?? I was right. Price was never the man to take over from Bennett. And Mary is not IMO the man to REBUILD the club. I bet Mary's KPI is making the final 8 next year. What ever happened to winning the title?? Why are Manly always competitive and vying for premiership glory on a consistent basis?

I don't care whether Mary has passion for the club or whether he captained the club. I want the best coach available.

TruSaint

Referee
technically! steve price was at the helm that day if i recall? Yea 1 premiership is great but it could of easily been another 1 or 2? I dont get any satisfaction out of being minor premiers to be honest!

Mate, dont mean to take the piss, but 1 Premiership, a beasdi...s away from a second, 2 MP's and World title in 3 years doesnt satisfy you?

I may be wrong, but Bennett won 6 titles with 20 years at the Broncos, ... his success rate with us was better than that.

GT0007

Juniors
Great news, I think he's earned his contract. He's brought some passion back to the Red V that was seriously lacking under Price's tenure and we started looking more competitive as soon as he took over the reigns. He's an alpha male that commands respect, he knows his footy and he knows and loves this club!

I look forward to seeing how we go in 2015 under a full MacGregor pre-season.

If we're successful, I also look forward to the same people who are whinging about his appointment, then going on to whinge that Doust should have signed him for 5 years!

God bless this forum with all it's trolls and whingers, and GOD BLESS THE MIGHTY RED V!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you know what I was thinking? Lol Well said mate!

stgill2001

Juniors
It was very satisfactory for sure dont get me wrong...but you dont need an experience to go far you need one that has guts and i believe he has what it takes! Everyones opinion can be heard...will soon see wont we all.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Seems to me McGregor has done quite well so far with prices team, so many people on here raving about how the dragons world is going to collapse with Mary as coach when the poor guy has inherited what he has at present. At least let him get a team he wants before slitting your wrists & hopefully he will convert a lot of people. I HOPE Anyway congrates to Marry & go the mighty Red V

I recall people said the same about Price. The excuses were that we need to give Price time to build his own team etc etc. He had his team this year and what did he do? Nothing. I'm not slitting my wrists but why make the same mistakes again??

stgill2001

Juniors
IM on happy pills good shit they are :) Being optimistic and a true loyal supporter that you need to start from the bottom to work your way up...

TruSaint

Referee
It was very satisfactory for sure dont get me wrong...but you dont need an experience to go far you need one that has guts and i believe he has what it takes! Everyones opinion can be heard...will soon see wont we all.

We will indeed mate.
No disrespect was intended, just healthy pro Saints debate. ;-)