What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon

Tooooks

Bench
He was pretty young when all that stuff went down so I can't really hate him. Did sting seeing him go to Manly though...of all the clubs to go to.

Great player. One of those blokes that just doesn't look like an athlete at all but has been on top of his game for a long time.

Parra

Referee
He was pretty young when all that stuff went down so I can't really hate him. Did sting seeing him go to Manly though...of all the clubs to go to.

Great player. One of those blokes that just doesn't look like an athlete at all but has been on top of his game for a long time.

It was a prick act from a prick of a bloke. f**ked his team over because of some emo-crap he had personally going on with the coach. All that pretending that "I just don't want to play anymore". At least merkins like SBW and Tallis stood up for what they believed in - cash - and took what was coming to them.

Tooooks

Bench
He was still an adult.

True. Not saying it wasn't a prick act and he behaved badly, but I save my hate for the true kents of the world.

I look at some of my decisions and behaviour at the same age (and older) and I would be a hypocrite to bag him too much :lol:

Tooooks

Bench
It was a prick act from a prick of a bloke. f**ked his team over because of some emo-crap he had personally going on with the coach. All that pretending that "I just don't want to play anymore". At least merkins like SBW and Tallis stood up for what they believed in - cash - and took what was coming to them.

Yeah I understand the hate. I'm just not really one to hold a grudge for too long. Definitely a prick act, no argument.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I haven't got time to waste on hating Lyon. He was genuinely pissed off with Smith and he left. Meh. I'll save my hate for Melbourne and Ricky - I wouldn't want it to become too dilute.

This. And our club granted him permission to play in Wee Waa and St Helens (but not NRL) while still under contract, which suggests the club held no grudge against Jamie.

Good quality centre and good luck to him - but it was still great to beat him and Manly on Friday!

Yep. And aside from his buttering up of refs, which is just good tactics, he seems like a decent bloke.

He didn't sign three contracts and then proclaim innocence. Or f**k up the comp for everyone else for years. Or tell the whole world how shit his players were in order to make himself look better.

Good thread tho.

Great player. One of the best centres of the modern era.

Agreed.

I was dirty on him for leaving, as he was my favourite player, and the way things ended was a farce IMO.

But aside from whinging to the refs, I can't fault the guy. He's a good bloke (I've had the pleasure of having a chat with the guy a couple of times since he walked out on us), and a brilliant player.

Melbourne, though...f**k those merkins.

Suitman

Post Whore
f**k Jamie Lyon.
A tool of the highest order. So glad we beat them on Friday night......because of him.

Suity

I don't begrudge superstar centers like Lyon.
Getting away from Brian Smith produced many GF visits producing a couple of victories.
Am not privy to what really went down between Lyon and Smith but it must have been bad enough for Lyon to leave the way he did.
Brian Smith has a very long-list of excellent players who no longer wanted to play for him.

eels81236

Bench
Jamie plays golf at Wakehurst every Monday morning. A friend of mine generally plays in the group behind him.
My mate is a 75 year old ex Nth Sydney fan. He therefore hates everything about Manly for decimating his club. If I know him well enough, I can see him yelling to Jamie from 2 fairways across "Don't get too close to that dam, Jamie. There are massive eels in there". He is a cheeky old bugger.

He also says that although he plays for Manly he is too nice a bloke to hate.

pedge

Juniors
No respect for a guy who walks out after just signing a long term deal with the bullshit excuse that he doesn't want the city life....at least man up and tell the truth
Add to that, we basically let tonga walk because we had Lyon and vaeliki at the time, was a double whammy
f**k the merkin!!!