What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maccas employees

The Gambler

Juniors
Jeez, poor old Ronald McDonald getting the shits because people are having a discussion.

I don't even work for McDonald's.

I just don't buy into the whole McDonald's bashing bandwagon because people think it is cool to be 'healthy' and 'support the little corner shop'.

The financial results speak for themselves, as do the employment numbers.

Besides I am taking exception to the fact that people obviously don't know what they are talking about - further solidifying my theory that people just jump on the bandwagon without even having the slightest idea what they are talking about.

FundyDragon

Bench
You don't know anybody working at McDonald's @ $8 an hour - because they don't exist.

14 year old casuals earn $9.65 an hour as a minimum.

How are you so sure they don't exist? A fastfood employee Level 1 under 16 years of age working part time earns a minimum $7.41 as of the 1/7/14. The casual loading is 25%, not 23.

The Gambler

Juniors
How are you so sure they don't exist? A fastfood employee Level 1 under 16 years of age working part time earns a minimum $7.41 as of the 1/7/14. The casual loading is 25%, not 23.

McDonald's have their own enterprise agreement.

The casual loading in the current financial year is 23% in every state except QLD and WA where it is in fact 25%.

Level 1 employees also no longer exist under the McDonald's enterprise agreement - you start at level 2.

shiznit

Coach
17398999_1367109180_1920.png

FundyDragon

Bench
McDonald's have their own enterprise agreement.

The casual loading in the current financial year is 23% in every state except QLD and WA where it is in fact 25%.

Level 1 employees also no longer exist under the McDonald's enterprise agreement - you start at level 2.

I was relying on the fair work Australia website. How do you know all this then.

cleary89

Coach
I use to get 6.36 an hour at maccas 10 years ago. At 16 the pay jumped to 7.97. Was awesome.

He should get an extra bit of money a week for washing his clothes.

innsaneink

Referee
It is actually just a uniform deposit - and if your son returns the uniform in good order when he stops working at the restaurant then his $100 should be returned to him. You will actually find that the uniform deposit is included in the enterprise agreement negotiated by the union. The amount of the deposit is under the discretion of the franchise owner or the company if it is company owned.

As for his hourly rate - is he a casual? You will actually find that his hourly rate is closer to $14.50 because casual employees are paid casual loading of 23% on top of the base rate.

But thank you to everybody else for your completely uneducated and in the end erroneous contributions to this discussion.
Thanks.
Yes, hes casual and you are correct

$100 for the gear theyve supplied however is very expensive and imo should be supplied as most companies that require uniforms do.

Anyway...question aswered. Thanks.

Uniforms
Where
uniforms
are
supplied
to
an
employee
and
where
the
value
of
such
uniforms
exceeds
$50.00,
a
once
only
deposit
of
$50.00
may
be
required
to
be
paid
by
the
employee
by
means
of
five
$10.00
instalments
withheld
by
the
Company
from
the
employee's
wages
during
the
first
five
pay
periods.
This
deposit
shall
be
repaid
to
the
employee
on
termination
provided
the
uniforms
issued
to
them
are
returned
to
the
Company
in
good
condition,
fair
wear
excepted.
In
situations
where
a
new
uniform
rollout
takes
place
existing
employees
may
also
be
required
to
pay
a
uniform
deposit
as
outlined
above
to
be
refunded
upon
termination
of
employment.
No
employee
will
be
required
to
pay
a
deposit
more
than
once.

http://www.sda.org.au/images/awards/award69.pdf

apologies for formatting copy paste

dubo

Juniors
What's wrong with eating shit food occasionally. It tastes OK except when they load up the salt on the fries.

Parra

Referee
It is actually just a uniform deposit - and if your son returns the uniform in good order when he stops working at the restaurant then his $100 should be returned to him. You will actually find that the uniform deposit is included in the enterprise agreement negotiated by the union. The amount of the deposit is under the discretion of the franchise owner or the company if it is company owned.

What a crap policy & process. The union has fscked up with this one. No reasonable company would even propose the idea.

I suppose you can get away with it when you run a business using child labour.