What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most difficult games you ever played?

axl rose

Bench
The SNES destroyed the Mega Drive imo.

Way better audio and the colours seemed much clearer and defined. I had, but at separate times, lol. My MGD broke down and we bought a SNES. Donkey Kong Country was the bomb.

Ah the old 16 bit wars, those were the days. Owned a mega drive, which had the better sports games. Use to hire a Super Nintendo just to play the battle mode in Mario Kart. Back when the library of games were more distinct from the other system.

axl rose

Bench
As a portable handheld the Game Gear was terrible. Absolutely chewed the batteries.

I use to get the No Frills brand batteries, would only load the title screen before the juice went
Asking dad for 10 bucks for new batteries back in the day was a forlorn task

2hed3yr.jpg

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Ah the old 16 bit wars, those were the days. Owned a mega drive, which had the better sports games. Use to hire a Super Nintendo just to play the battle mode in Mario Kart. Back when the library of games were more distinct from the other system.

You are onto something with that. I used to rent General Chaos for the mega drive on a regular basis, mostly cause whenever I attended my video store everything else was rented out lol.

Ah those were the days. When as a kid you based the quality of the game on the case and then be stuck with it for 3 days until it was due to be returned lol.

Bulldog Force

Referee
General Chaos - I still need to play that game.

Man I loved Sega Master System... so so much. As humanly possible as it is to love a console!

Here's a SMS compilation video I made later 2012 and early 2013. It took so long to make this, playing all the games, recording and editing the footage, putting it altogether... wow! Big job for such a short video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jgju2KY8EQ

axl rose

Bench

Man I loved Sega Master System... so so much. As humanly possible as it is to love a console!

Here's a SMS compilation video I made later 2012 and early 2013. It took so long to make this, playing all the games, recording and editing the footage, putting it altogether... wow! Big job for such a short video!

Great video. Dick Tracy was my favorite game for the Master System. Cant remember if it was hard or i sucked at it.

Use to do a few game vids myself but upload speeds in Australia are just horrendous.

Zoidberg

First Grade

Loved the vid. *full on Babara Streisand voice* Memories!

Have you got a list of all those games. I remember playing some of them to death, but can't remember what they were called.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Thanks guys. Sure thing, here's the full list :)

Games (in order of appearance):

•Aerial Assault
•Kung Fu Kid
•Ecco the Dolphin
•The Flash
•Sonic the Hedgehog 2
•World Cup '93
•Action Fighter
•Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
•Global Defense
•Ninja Gaiden
•Outrun
•Alien Storm
•Basketball Nightmare
•Streets of Rage
•Rampage
•Fantasy Zone
•George Foremans KO Boxing
•After Burner
•Teddy Boy
•Double Hawk
•Air Rescue
•Psycho Fox
•Alex Kidd The Lost Stars
•Jurassic Park
•Galaxy Force
•Wonderboy
•Air Rescue
•Alex Kidd in Miracle World
•Shinobi
•Double Dragon

vvvrulz

Coach
Is that the original Wonderboy bulldog_force?

That got really intense in the later levels, particularly some of the cloud ones

Bulldog Force

Referee
Is that the original Wonderboy bulldog_force?

That got really intense in the later levels, particularly some of the cloud ones

Yes - that's the original on Master System. Love that game. The clouds stages were hard, that's the final boss on missions 4 and 8.

ek999

First Grade
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels was crazy hard.

The funny thing is that this was supposed to be Super Mario Bros II for NES, but it was rejected for having the same gameplay only much harder. So instead we got another completely different game in development refactored to use Mario Bros sprites, and this became SMBII

Yeah I was going to say Lost Levels too. Haven't actually finished it before

Probably not, Warne/Lara Cricket was piss easy.

No game could be as easy as Cricket 96

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hardest game of all time, IMO - "Battletoads".

I NEARLY finished that speed bike section so many times.

goodplayer

Juniors
space invaders was so hard, i wasted so much of my time and life on that very special video game , i regret it now:(

Dr Gonzo

Juniors
I returned to Dark Souls 1 after putting almost 400 hours into DS2.... DS1 is much more difficult but in a good way. DS2 will throw hordes and hordes of enemies at you for seemingly no reason and not even the best player can avoid taking some damage or death. You don't enjoy or learn from this you just get annoyed. DS1 lets the player adjust tactics and every player has an opportunity. For examples, in DS2 some areas are almost impossible without range attacks so melee players are forced to get a ranged attack like a bow. In DS1 there is a number of ways to approach situations and they all have benefits. The DS2 development team have been really lazy... several bosses repeated 2 and 3 times is just not on. The Smelter is used twice and the Pursuer used 4 times. DS2 is hard for the sake of hard. DS1 is hard but rewarding. DS1 is still the most difficult last gen game for me but without a doubt the best. There will never be another game like it

Tried playing the Witcher 2 on max difficulty and f**king hell that game is nothing short of insane. Barely got passed the first few areas. Only saving grace is that you get good equipment early on to combat the tougher enemies.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I hate it when you read stats of gaming, how many hours you've played etc... lol - it makes me feel as in it's time wasted I could've spent doing something else.

Oh well.

Latest posts