What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Manly era over?

Is the Manly era over?

• Yes

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters

lockyno1

Post Whore
Nee Ballin back badly. The Storm are just as bad without Smith there, Souths are just as bad without Luke there, Roosters the same without Friend although they have a better backup than the others.

POPEYE

Coach
Not hard to rack up 40 points against a team that's without a #9 usually part of the furniture . . . Seagles won't go away until the fat lady sings

DCE pretty much was carrying injuries since origin and the squabbling with the Stewarts and Watmough wanting out of the club would have impacted.

Even from the start of the season, their forward pack looked weaker than previous years..is the era over ?. I would give them one more season.

Having said that...most clubs would die to have had the history they have had and even with a weaker squad they are still making finals which says a lot for the rabble lilke Parra, Wests Tigers and the Raiders who cannot get their crap together.

oikee

Juniors
5 reasons why it is over.
1/ When the refs blew the first penalty and you knew Manly could not grapple, turtle, crocodile roll, twist spin or leg-pull,,,, or slow the game down to the point where mould had time to grow.

2/ Watmough and Lyons again both lifting Inglis's legs , a drum stick on both players hands.

3/ Turnstyle Taufua was peppered with bombs. Expect a Manly cleanout, again starting with wingers to other sucker clubs willing to buy them.

4/ Jamie could not sit and pull up a chair and argue with the refs.

5/ Cherry-Evans has started the kamikaze upper torso attacks, so he has giving up trying to tackle.
Cant wait for some player to recieve a neck injury and Greenburg coming out to tell everyone the horse has bolted again.

Last edited:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
As long as Manly have Cherry-Evans and Foran they will always be a threat. Those two are world class and you can build your team around good halves. Because of those two you can get away with having an average forward pack. I'm not saying Manly's forward pack is average; they've got Brenton Lawrence, Matt Ballin and Jamie Buhrer who are all good players. I think you could do with a bit more power, especially if Watmough leaves. Signing someone like Willie Mason would be good; he'll bring experience and reliability and he won't cost much because he's coming to the end of his career. However, the players that are going to be hard to replace are Steve Matai and Brett Stewart. Most teams have a superstar fullback and I'm not sure who you could target to replace Stewart. As for Matai, someone like Jack Reed would be a decent replacement. So I'd say Manly have got problems but I wouldn't say they've got major problems but problems nonetheless.

What a dumb post!!

Is Lote Tiquiri off contract at the end of the year? May as well grab him as well. Training will be conducted at the Cammeray Bowling Club whilst listening to Sandy Scott singing "Wallpaper Roses". The blue rinse set from the local nursing home can be the new cheerleaders.

maple_69

Bench
If they are it shouldnt take too long to get back up there. Clean house and rebuild the side around Foran and DCE. They'll be back in contention within a few years if they do go away.

winnyason

Juniors
Yeah myth idiot going back down the bottom roosters after buying what looks like 2 premierships.
Manly will be ok, rebuild is on the cards. Keep brett stewart, matai and watmough are gone.
Jake Trbojevic is one of best young props in game, jamil hopoate will be in first grade next season. Gutherson is good young talent onto wing hiku to centres.
Blair simply has to be better option rhan tafua tall and can catch. Keep lyon, brett stewart and ballin and try and re sign dce, foran.
Tom Trojevic will be long term fullback post stewart speed to burn.

souths_pride

Juniors
What a dumb post!!

Is Lote Tiquiri off contract at the end of the year? May as well grab him as well. Training will be conducted at the Cammeray Bowling Club whilst listening to Sandy Scott singing "Wallpaper Roses". The blue rinse set from the local nursing home can be the new cheerleaders.

Id very much like to hear your replacements for the departing players then? Jack Reed is only 26 and is one of the best defensive centres in the game at the moment. I picked him because I'm not so sure you can shift Hiku into the centres; I've got a big question mark over his defence. As for bagging Lote, he was more than a handful for Manly tonight so I wouldn't be bagging him.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
saw i mongly eagles fan at the game tonight who stormed off around the 60th minute. threw his mongly flag down and stomped off leaving it there. several seconds later i hear "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" from lots of rabbitohs supporters :)

Wow!! That is such a cool story dude!

What else happened?? Don't leave me hanging....

:thumb

ceagle

Bench
saw i mongly eagles fan at the game tonight who stormed off around the 60th minute. threw his mongly flag down and stomped off leaving it there. several seconds later i hear "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" from lots of rabbitohs supporters :)
bro story cool

Nice Beaver

First Grade
It is the end of an era even if we do get back up top reasonably quickly.

The team that has had so much success is now at its end. Definitely time to bring Jake Trbojevic into the team next season.

Let Watmough go. For that matter any other sook that thinks they should be running the club and not playing footy like they are actaully paid (bloody well) to do.

We need to pick up another big bopper too. Piss off with the Willie Mason idea. What a joke. Starling tries hard enough but he's just NOT front rower yo uwant to pin success on. He's a toiler at best.

Hiku is not a winger so Gutherson there for him and put Hiku in the centres for Matai. Tafua back to NSW Cup until he learns to get some urgency in his game and learns that those two f*cking things attached to his ankles can leave the ground once in a while.

Its been a great ride supporting this team, but time to clean out a bit of dead wood.

I'd also like to see Horo removed. Pea heart.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Seriously, I think their time as constant premiership threats is over.

Taufua and Hiku are not ready for primetime. They have genuine guns in DCE and Foran but other than that their best players are too old and their youth aren't up to it.

Their rise has paralleled the Storm and their decline might come together too.

I see Penrith as a team that can take over their consistent top 4 spot.

You are replacing your best forward with one of those 'too old' players for next season. When Burgarse went off you let in 24 points in about 15 minutes.

Grapple

Bench
They missed some good defensive players last night against a good attack. That's pretty much it.

Latest posts