What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on 2015 Membership

Thanks for the reply.

Personally i agree with your course of action in the 3 game Pirtek membership. How many games were sold out this year? Fans who only want to go to the Pirtek games could use their membership discount to purchase tickets to the rest could they not?

Yes they could.

Also bear in mind that memberships cost significantly less than purchasing the same seat casually. Even if a reserved seat holder were to not attend both ANZ home games they would be financially ahead of buying their seats on a game by game basis (plus they get all the other added benefits to membership like caps ;) )

Any reason why Larissa?

Since the ANZ deal (I think 2007) started, members have been saying that they dont wanna go to ANZ and want the membership split into 3 outcomes:

1. ANZ Only
2. Pirtek Only
3. Both venues.

In saying that Jodeci, given the average crowds at ANZ vs Pirtek, you could argue the "Pirtek or nothing" crowd could be in a small, but vocal minority.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Agreed, but there were 30,000 there for the Dogs.

We average 30k at the venue.

And that Tigers game was awesome, absolute sea of blue and gold! Clearly the casual fan prefers the venue, easy to get to, easy to get a reasonable position, easy tonget halfway decent food.

Bring on the upgrades to Pirtek.

Suitman

Post Whore

And that Tigers game was awesome, absolute sea of blue and gold! Clearly the casual fan prefers the venue, easy to get to, easy to get a reasonable position, easy tonget halfway decent food.

Yep, I agree. For the big games, I'd much prefer ANZ. That Tigers game was the perfect example, and should have been happening for years. Easy to get a beer and food, great atmosphere and Eels fans owned the place against the Tigers fans. Really felt like our home game.
I'm now convinced that the Wanderers should think of taking at least ONE of their home games against Sydney FC to Homebush, in the years we get 2 home games. Leave one at Parra (to remind them that is our fortress), and take one to Homebush.

When Sydney FC come to Parra, they get about 5 bays as an allocation (about 2000) - about 10% of capacity, which they fill. When the Wanderers go to Allianz, we take about 15000 fans as people just buy in general admission, plus also, we are allocated more bays due to the larger capacity.
The Wanderers have built their support after two seasons now, so it is time to let the casuals also experience a Wanderers home game. Hence, taking one to Homebush.

Suity

T.S Quint

Coach
I used to hate ANZ Stadium.
Gotten used to it now though. I don't mind going there, but I still want the majority of our home games at Parramatta.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Have you also heard when the new renovations might start?
f**k the Subway, I just want increased capacity.
Any plans for a chip sandwich outlet?

Suity

I was told next month, but that could easily change.

I wish there was going to be a chip roll outlet, i'd be lining up!!

Suitman

Post Whore
I was told next month, but that could easily change.

I wish there was going to be a chip roll outlet, i'd be lining up!!

We've been told numerous starting dates. I'll believe it when I see cordoned fences and bulldozers there, with their engines running, digging holes. We don't even know yet what work will or will not be going ahead, considering the budget allocated for the planned works was well under the quantified costs. The whole thing has been a typical public servant/govt f**k up.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Hi there,

We won't be offering a pirtek only membership package in 2015.

We will however have the 3 game pass that can be used at any 3 eels home games in NSW.

Cheers & Go Parra!

Larissa
Hi Larissa, thanks for the prompt reply.

While the 3-game pass is a mini version of the fully tailored option, hopefully a venue-specific ticketed membership option remains a possible idea for future seasons.

Go Parra!

born an eel

Bench

Larissa, if you follow bartmans idea, please make sure those types of ticketed memberships do not get priority positions at Parra.

Would be a shame to screw over the committed fans (who follow our great club) to pander to fans of a stadium.
so which is it, cater to the casual fan or look after the committed 10,000 who turn up to every home game

oldmancraigy

Coach
so which is it, cater to the casual fan or look after the committed 10,000 who turn up to every home game

You lost me somewhere?

Why should we screw over either? Take care of the committed fans, and look to grow that base. Sometimes the casual fans become committed fans.... playing out of the smallest stadium in the league is unacceptable for one of the most popular clubs.

I would love to see Parra Stadium as a 35k stadium, and being packed out every game, and needing an upgrade.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
We've been told numerous starting dates. I'll believe it when I see cordoned fences and bulldozers there, with their engines running, digging holes. We don't even know yet what work will or will not be going ahead, considering the budget allocated for the planned works was well under the quantified costs. The whole thing has been a typical public servant/govt f**k up.

Suity

I know all the main stuff happening.

There are still a few things to be ironed out too.

BigErn

Juniors
Larissa,

Can you make the Kenny membership cheaper than the Sterling?
There is no screen on the North Hill so fans sitting on the South Hill can't see anything. And worse still, the clock/scoreboard down the north end is turned off.

Fans on the south hill get snubbed every year.
That's the family hill. If you want to get families involved, I suggest you either:

a) fix the scoreboard
b) lower the prices

Tony Bongo

Bench
Larissa, if you follow bartmans idea, please make sure those types of ticketed memberships do not get priority positions at Parra.

Would be a shame to screw over the committed fans (who follow our great club) to pander to fans of a stadium.

I know fans (who follow our great club) that have had season tickets for decades - long before we ever took a home game to ANZ. Are you saying that they're not committed if they refuse to go to ANZ or do they simply deserve to give up the seats at Parra Stadium (that they have had for years) if they chose the package of only attending our real HOME games?

Last edited:

Tony Bongo

Bench
If we were to go down that path seating priority would be given to full season members.

What if like me they recognise that Parramatta Stadium is our Spiritual home and that ANZ isn't? Are you going to take the seats that they have had for years away from them just because they choose not to attend a couple of games at the Dogs etc home ground at a discounted rate of a few bucks? What advantage does the club gain in punishing such loyal fans for simply holding an alternative definition of what a 'HOME' game is? Are you suggesting that the club will simply force them to pay for something they will never use or suffer the consequences?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If the club is going to subsidise your tickets they have the right to prioritise fans who want to go to every home game over the ones who only want to pay for (subsidised) tickets to Parra Stadium.

Latest posts