What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old NSWRL Metro Cup information

jimmy77au

Juniors
Just putting it out there - would anyone know of where I might be able to get information on some old NSWRL Metro Cup stuff - In particular Team lineups, results etc?

Im part of a club who used to participate in the competition - and we don't appear to have any records of these details - so chasing what I can...

Just remembered - I posted about it on these forums back in 2006... it was the 1998 Grand Final that Kellyville was in. I was excited about this one as Kellyville was the Eels' feeder team at the time...

me in 2006 said:
I've been to two Metro Cup grand finals (when they were stand-alone games) including the Kellyville v Wenty grand final in 1998 at Parramatta Stadium (with a crowd of 6,000) which was a brilliant match with Trevor Schodel (and, I think, the Capovilla brothers) winning the match for Wenty

jimmy77au

Juniors
Thanks Cumberland - so we were runners up one year! Happy Days! Shame we lost to Wenty.....

At this stage - I do know Andrew Ryan, Jamie Buehrer & Luke Keary are all former Kellyville players at some stage of their lives (in terms of NRL players) - im sure there are plenty more - but waiting on a response from that email link you gave me to see if they have anything...

Latest posts