What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps of French RL area's

langpark

First Grade
I think things in France are on the right track... They seem to be focusing on grassroots development, which I believe is the most important, once you get that in place, the rest will follow...

France need to apply/demand a greater role in WC2021. I think at least six matches there would be great, maybe four from the group stage and two in the knockout phases... It would be great too if they could involve some of the bigger cities too, where Rugby League has a presence, like Montpellier and Lyon...

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Paris are playing in the third level of competition with these other clubs:

RC Roanne
US Entraigues
St Martin
St Laurent
Le Soler
SU Cavaillon
RC Salon

These are the Eastern pool teams, there is also a western pool of nine teams

Paris is currently running 3rd in their pool

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
Time for a 8 team french super league
Maybe French Rugby League could captalise on the negatives of French Rugby Union like a poor international team alongside a premiership league which is full of mercanies play a very boring brand of Rugby alongside the violence of the lower leagues ?

taste2taste

Juniors
Re visiting this thread after it was originally posted 16 years ago, how has the landscape changed ?
Obviously rugby has become more dominant but what about league ? Has it maintained, decreased or increased its foot print ?

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Les Catalans and to some degree TOXIII have come on well. Everything else is on average the same if not slightly worse. Elite 1 and 2 are more or less unchanged. Couple of new teams bobbing up here and there (Toulon for example) and the other day Nice played their first game. Ladies game has done well I guess you could say. Internationally things are just as poor as 16 yearsago despite more players plying their trade at the top level. Wheelchair the French are the best in the world despite losing the world cup final. Some progress in the Pacific in getting Nouvelle Caledonie going again.

Also, Remi Casty.

Latest posts