What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hopefully a few people got this for fathers day?

Got this today. Sounds like a great read. Hopefully a few of you have either read it or got it today

Attachments

• DSC_0135.jpg
    DSC_0135.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 155

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Yep got it today can't wait to get into it once I finish my current book. By all accounts it's a bloody good book

Just finishing the forbidden game about French Rugby League. Would also like to read the penalty but not overly keen on contributing money to Josh Massoud. Did read though that 25% goes to charity and hopefully some to Ryan Tandy's mum.

POPEYE

Coach
My wife and I watched the whole saga eventuate with fingers crossed . . . we'll both read this

jamesgould

Juniors
Really enjoyed The Penalty, a lot of it is straight out of Tandy's mouth, so if you can forget Massoud writes everything in between then it's worth it.

Pity The Night The Music Died isn't on kindle, I'd buy it in a second.

I also have The Forbidden Game lined up to read soon (yes, I just discovered there's a kindle app for iphone, so I've been buying heaps of league and cricket books! haha)

Robshots

Juniors
I wish I did! I listened to the Ian Heads podcast on Conversations with Richard Fidler from ABC radio.

If you haven't heard it, I highly recommend downloading it.

Yep got it today can't wait to get into it once I finish my current book. By all accounts it's a bloody good book

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fantastic book.

There's a few good RL books out at the moment.

The Coaches
Uncommon Heroes
The Book of NRL Lists

Bench
I think there is a dvd about that too,as a Lithgow local it was of great interest both at the time and now on the release of this.
There were a couple of Lithgow players in that team,Barry Rushworth who left to play for parra and came back to town,and TV Ted Ellery also was a local boy.
Barry Rushworth played for country,nsw and australia from lithgow workies in 1963 before joing parra for 1974,he is now inducted in to the eels hall of fame.

I am 90% through this book. I knew it would be a good read and it's turned out to be probably one of the best books I've ever read.

Good to see these blokes are still getting a lot of fanfare even today.

Shame that TV Ted is no longer with us as he sounds like a classic who would be loving this.

I have the coaches to read next and then hopefully get my hands on a copy of the Steve Prescott book - one in a million

Brutus

Referee
Would love to see footage of this game. It's criminal that there seems to be nothing out there.

maccattack

Juniors
What's it about? Not familiar with the story.
The last good league book I read was Sean Fagans pioneers book. A great read.
Would love to read the forbidden game. Have tried to find it over the years but with no luck.

insert.pause

First Grade
Would love to read the forbidden game. Have tried to find it over the years but with no luck.

Western Division winning the first amco cup in 1974.

If you have a kindle or IPad the forbidden game is available for download through Amazon for $5

POPEYE

Coach
Would love to see footage of this game. It's criminal that there seems to be nothing out there.

As I said before I watched it as it happened, the outcome easily matched any game of League I've ever seen for incredibility

Latest posts