What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Player Retention

Misanthrope

Staff member
With just two rounds remaining in the current FFBRL season (plus finals), it's time for us to lock in our retentions for the coming season.

You have until the conclusion of Round 26 to do this

Who Can I Retain?

You are able to retain 13 players of any stat level.

You can retain an additional 4 players who are of 7/6 or 6/7 quality and below (no 7/7s, no 8s, no 9s etc).

What Next?

All additional players will be made free agents and enter into the draft. Players who have returned to the game (such as Benji Marshal) will be entered into the draft, as will players not already in the database.

Go!​

Done So Far

1. New England Celtic
2. Oregon Timberwolves **UNCOACHED**
3. Bovenendvankeelafsnysleegte RLFC
4. Springfield Wildcats
5. Sydney Vipers
6. South Canberra Knights
7. Shenzhen Sharkitohs
8. Brisbane Bulls
9. Raymond Terrace Tanks

Waiting For
1. Mu'a Saints
2. St. John's Crusaders **UNCOACHED**
3. Newcastle Crusade
4. Multiple Scoregasms
5. New Zealand Churr Bros

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Subject to Change

New England Celtic

Top 13
1. Roger Tuivassa-Sheck
2. Josh Dugan
3. Cameron Smith
4. Joseph Leilua
5. Boyd Cordner
6. Josh Jackson
7. Gareth Widdop
8. Morgan Escare
9. Josh Charnley
10. Danny Brough
11. Danny Houghton
12. Beau Scott
13. Semi Radradra

Juniors
1. Sione Mata’utia
2. Adam Clydesdale
3. Dale Copley
4. James Tedesco

Dutchy

Immortal
Bovenendvankeelafsnysleegte RLFC

RETAINING

1. Kieran Foran
2. Zac Hardaker
3. Justin Carney
4. Peta Hiku
5. Jamie Lyon
6. Paul Vaughan
7. Anthony Watmough
8. Nathan Peats
9. Aidan Sezar
10. Tim Lafai
11. Ryan Atkins
12. Josh Starling
13. Brenton Lawrence

14. Dylan Walker
15. Tupou Sopoaga
16. Jack Littlejohn

Released -

Braith Anasta
Reece Robinson
Justin Horo
Mickey Paea
Willie Manu
Jeremy Smith
Apisai Koroisau
Sam Kasiano
Dan Hunt
Stefan Ratchford

Open to Trade for 76 and lower.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Oregon Timberwolves (Coach Needed)

Top 13

1. Jamal Idris
2. Manu Vatuvei
3. James Maloney
4. Ben Matulino
5. Greg Bird
6. Dave Taylor
7. Pat Richards
8. Aidan Guerra
9. Jacob Lillyman
10. Gavin Cooper
11. Joel Thompson
12. Jamie Jones-Buchanan
13. Justin O'Neill

Juniors
1. Robert Lui
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Cameron King
4. Luke Brooks

whall15

Coach
I'm assuming we're still doing a re-rate?

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Johnathan Thurston
3. Paul Gallen
4. James Roby
5. Matt Scott
6. Sam Thaiday
7. Mitch Aubusson
8. Josh McGuire
9. Chris McQueen
10. Joseph Paulo
11. Shaun Lunt
12. Jason Baitieri
13. Gareth Hock

PLUS
14. Trent Hodkinson
15. Tom Symonds
16. Jason Taumalolo
17. Jeff Robson

RELEASED
Brent Tate - Retired
Ben Cockayne
Kieran Dixon
Rhys Hanbury
Albert Kelly
Micky Higham
Jack Reed
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook
Chris Lawrence

Last edited:

mickyj

Bench
yeh that will alter things big time
is it based on current ratings? if not we need to sort ratings first.
and what about guys retiring leaving RL etc?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just as it was done in the ASRL for years, retentions are done before the rerate. With rating requests available to everybody in the season and it not exactly being hard to know who is due an upgrade/downgrade, it should be easy to pick your 17.

The draft is done after the re-rate.

If a player is retiring or leaving the NRL/ESL, they're out.

MrCharisma

Bench
If a player is retiring or leaving the NRL/ESL, they're out.

Are you telling me that I'm about to lose my best two players: Sonny-Bill Williams and Sam Burgess? If so, that is seriously messed up!

Subject to Change

Sydney Vipers

Top 13
1. Glen Butteriss
2. Oliver Holmes
3. Ben Hannant
4. Sisa Waqa
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Jarrod Croker
7. Michael Shenton
8. Jarrod Mullen
9. Nate Myles
10. Tom Briscoe
11. Jeff Lima

Juniors
1. David Klemmer
2. Paul Carter
3. Tommy Lee
4. Matthew Russell

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Unfortunately, yes, they would be ineligible just as Benji Marshall was for the New Zealand Churr Bros when he jumped to Union.

Seriously f**ked luck.

MrCharisma

Bench
Unfortunately, yes, they would be ineligible just as Benji Marshall was for the New Zealand Churr Bros when he jumped to Union.

Seriously f**ked luck.

This royally ****s my team. I've inherited a pretty average squad except for a couple of decent players. I'll also lose Nathan Merritt, David Stagg and Liam Fulton to retirement. Outside of a few stars, I'm expecting a heap of my players to go down in rating as well.

Marshall was a nine. The halves are an area I'm struggling in with hope that Ben Hunt gets himself up. Not comparing me to your situation either, it's a shit unlucky situation. No way to work around it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Subject to change before deadline

1-Tim Simona
2-Ryan Hall
3-John Sutton
4-Richie Myler
5-Aiden Tolman
6-Tim Mannah
7-Brett Ferres
8-Gareth Ellis
9-Joe Westerman
10-James Segeyaro
11-James Tamou
12-Matt Gillett
13-Paul Aiton

14-Kelepi Tanginoa
15-Sauaso Sue

Released

Brett Hodgson (retired)
Ben Barba
Dave Williams
Keith Galloway
Ryan Morgan
Peni Terepo
Will Zillman
Luke Douglas
Scott Moore
Jermaine McGilvary
Matt Cook
Jarrod Sammut
Luke Robinson

Misanthrope

Staff member
This royally ****s my team. I've inherited a pretty average squad except for a couple of decent players. I'll also lose Nathan Merritt, David Stagg and Liam Fulton to retirement. Outside of a few stars, I'm expecting a heap of my players to go down in rating as well.

It does, I agree. I'm not sure what to do about it, though. We set the precedent last year when NT lost the players he's said. It wasn't about their quality as much as it was about consistency.

He won't get first crack at Benji now that he's back, either. It's just an unfortunate situation.

If the majority want to overturn it, I'll bow to the general consensus, but I imagine most will be for sticking with the current system since it helps them to do so.

MrCharisma

Bench
As this is my first season of FFBRL I'm unaware of the coach retention rate or if you are looking for an "even" competition or allowing long term coaches to build super clubs.

As a new coach, this sucks and has taken the wind out of what I think has been a successful relaunch of a club. Based on what I have read there is no equalisers when you lose a Benji or an SBW. We aren't governed by a salary cap (allowing me to pay overs for replacement talent) or provided additional draft picks to secure additional quality talent. With the average player statistic far lower than the ASRL, the quality in the draft will be far lower too. There will also be no change of recasting players stats while we remain in the NRL off season.

They are my thoughts on the matter. If I was around for the Benji defection I would have said keep him in available the game. I'm old school ASRL and I appreciate this is a new world.

mickyj

Bench
As this is my first season of FFBRL I'm unaware of the coach retention rate or if you are looking for an "even" competition or allowing long term coaches to build super clubs.

As a new coach, this sucks and has taken the wind out of what I think has been a successful relaunch of a club. Based on what I have read there is no equalisers when you lose a Benji or an SBW. We aren't governed by a salary cap (allowing me to pay overs for replacement talent) or provided additional draft picks to secure additional quality talent. With the average player statistic far lower than the ASRL, the quality in the draft will be far lower too. There will also be no change of recasting players stats while we remain in the NRL off season.

They are my thoughts on the matter. If I was around for the Benji defection I would have said keep him in available the game. I'm old school ASRL and I appreciate this is a new world.

I see this point. I started during the last off season and made some trades pick ups which will keep my team going. I am losing my only hooker in Kingston and Ben Teo as well. Not sure what options there are to fix it.

Maybe a extra draft pick at end of a round based on the quality of a player lost to different sport/code. Like the NFL extra draft picks based on the lose of players to over teams.

mickyj

Bench
Bulls

Alex Glenn Anthony Milford Brett Morris Danny Tickle Glenn Stewart Josh Mansour Josh Reynolds Kevin Sinfield Leroy Cudjoe Matthew Moylan Rangi Chase Sam Perrett Trent Merrin

Alex Johnston Chris Sandow Edrick Lee Jack Wighton Mitchell Cornish

Didgi

It does, I agree. I'm not sure what to do about it, though. We set the precedent last year when NT lost the players he's said. It wasn't about their quality as much as it was about consistency.

He won't get first crack at Benji now that he's back, either. It's just an unfortunate situation.

If the majority want to overturn it, I'll bow to the general consensus, but I imagine most will be for sticking with the current system since it helps them to do so.

I'm for sticking with the current system because it makes sense. Can't have a heap of guys in Union being rated on different positions, performances and comp standards. It's luck of the draw, and unfortunately in this case it's bitten these two guys in the arse. On the up side, knowing Mr C and Micky from ASRL, I find it very hard to believe they're going to struggle.

@ Micky I have a spare hooker or two, they're not quite on the level of the giant of the game that is Kevin Kingston (does he still have a 10 defence in ASRL? Fun re-rate that was) but I'd be happy to try work something out before or after finals. Maybe reply in the trades thread if you're keen, don't want to clog this up.

I'm working on the assumption trades are still open for a while Mis? Often this is a good period to really tinker/grab a bargain if people value players differently.

I'll get my retentions up soon, watch this space.

Latest posts