What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are commemorative t-shirts a thing?

Which of these is most useless?

• Grand Finalist shirt

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Minor Premiers shirt

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Finals Series shirt

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

kdalymc

Bench
Is it true that the "premiers" ones that are pre printed for the day, and lose, get sent to Africa ?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
better recycled and given to people in need rather than being thrown out....

so either way, rabbitohs premiers t-shirts to be worn by rabbits fans next week....

Lambretta

First Grade
:lol: @ Muzby

I have never bought a commemorative t-shirt and I never will
They're usually f**k ugly to start with and therefore mark you out to be an utter cretin for choosing to wear one.

The only thing I've ever seen that was decent was a plain polo shirt with the words Premiers and the year under the club badge

Bumble

First Grade
:lol: @ Muzby

I have never bought a commemorative t-shirt and I never will
They're usually f**k ugly to start with and therefore mark you out to be an utter cretin for choosing to wear one.

The only thing I've ever seen that was decent was a plain polo shirt with the words Premiers and the year under the club badge

Good point. I bought this one two years ago when the Ravens won the Super Bowl. It's a lot less 'busy' than they usually are. I only wear it to the gym anyway.

Nike-Baltimore-Ravens-Super-Bowl-XLVII-Champions-Celebration-Rings-Dont-Lie-T-Shirt.jpeg

BranVan3000

Coach
I didn't buy one I have the same opinion. If you lose the Grand Final that Tahiti essentially becomes a "runners up" Tshirt. I'll wait for the premiers memorabilia

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I didn't buy one I have the same opinion. If you lose the Grand Final that Tahiti essentially becomes a "runners up" Tshirt. I'll wait for the premiers memorabilia
rusty bought you guys an island for the week?

man, he really is going all out....

duylm

Juniors
I used to HATE how they would slap those premiers shirts onto the players at the Grand Final siren. I think the NRL put a stop to that. I just recall images of players lifting the trophy wearing this junk piece of marketing, instead of the jersey that they played for all year.

MattJ

Juniors
I used to HATE how they would slap those premiers shirts onto the players at the Grand Final siren. I think the NRL put a stop to that. I just recall images of players lifting the trophy wearing this junk piece of marketing, instead of the jersey that they played for all year.
I don't think they have, I could have sworn I've seen pics of Mitchell Pearce celebrating in one last year.

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't think they have, I could have sworn I've seen pics of Mitchell Pearce celebrating in one last year.

He was probably wearing it under his normal jersey and then took his jersey off cos he was errr too warm. I was going to say he was hot, but then I'd be all BunniesManupInglisallNight like.