What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will The Ref's Blow South Sydney To A Premiership?

isaiah

Bench
There is a mountain of butt hurt in here from my fellow Roosters fans

Can't we just admit we were out enthused, out muscled and outplayed by Souths?

The Roosters screwed their finals chances by being arrogant against the Panthers and ending up on Souths side of the draw and having to go through the Cowboys to get there.

We can't blame the referees. Just ourselves
are you really a roosters fan, or did you wife hack your login?

sretsoor

Juniors
Why shouldn't he be playing?

I would think had SBW stayed down, and had the referee who was in the process of referring the matter to the VR for review only to change his mind cause SBW moved, would have seen Burgess on report. Lets be honest, he didnt miss. Would have been a grade 1 and with loading he would would have been with Isaac watching the game and not playing.

sretsoor

Juniors

The Roosters screwed their finals chances by being arrogant against the Panthers and ending up on Souths side of the draw and having to go through the Cowboys to get there.

Totally agree. After this year it was surreal we made the finals let alone MP as we just never seemed to be interested.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Agree mate! Lots of your supporters can't handle it.

They must be watching different games to what we have been watching.

You guys deserved it last year for sure. This year it's clear Souths earnt it more than the Roosters to be in the GF.

All you other stupid Chooks fans just look at the completion rates. At crucial times your mob couldn't hold the footy and gave a few costly penalties away which could have been avoided.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would think had SBW stayed down, and had the referee who was in the process of referring the matter to the VR for review only to change his mind cause SBW moved, would have seen Burgess on report. Lets be honest, he didnt miss. Would have been a grade 1 and with loading he would would have been with Isaac watching the game and not playing.

He would have been on report yes. But I have watched that tackle back 3 times and first contact was with the chest and bounced up a bit but not bad at all.

He wouldn't have got charged for that your kidding. The high shot Hargreaves did I think against Penrith was on report and he got off so he could play against the Cowboys.

That Hargreaves tackle was about the same as Burgess.

Hargreaves would have had carry over points like Sam too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Bulldogs get away with high shots every game! Don't get suspended often enough for it either.

sretsoor

Juniors
He would have been on report yes. But I have watched that tackle back 3 times and first contact was with the chest and bounced up a bit but not bad at all.

He wouldn't have got charged for that your kidding. The high shot Hargreaves did I think against Penrith was on report and he got off so he could play against the Cowboys.

That Hargreaves tackle was about the same as Burgess.

Hargreaves would have had carry over points like Sam too.

Err, ok. If we're talkign the same tackle and everyone I spoke to up here, burgess got him flush straight on the nose. He is lucky the MRC let it go. Doesnt matter anyhow as he is playing and so he should be.

Lambretta

First Grade
are you really a roosters fan, or did you wife hack your login?

Member and I go to every game, but I am a realist and I know when another team is better

I am more pissed the Remi Casty try against Penrith wasn't referred than any of the penalties we conceded against Souths. But the Casty incident aside we never should have surrendered our lead in that game. We blew it.

Against Souths we just got out muscled. The refs didn't make up their f**king forward pack ffs

Rabbits20

Immortal
Err, ok. If we're talkign the same tackle and everyone I spoke to up here, burgess got him flush straight on the nose. He is lucky the MRC let it go. Doesnt matter anyhow as he is playing and so he should be.

Got SBW on upper chest and bounced up to chin. Not much in it or malice.

No you can't say he's lucky. Nothing in it 100 percent didn't deserve any charge. Same if SBW did that to Sam I would say nothing in it. Even if Hargreaves did that I would say doesn't deserve a charge.

Penalty would have been sufficient.

The people who you spoke too are just bias against Sam! Not being realistic.

Fire up tomorrow Sam! Brilliant player. What a work rate never stops. I have great respect for Graham too he never stops.

sretsoor

Juniors

No you can't say he's lucky. Nothing in it 100 percent didn't deserve any charge. Same if SBW did that to Sam I would say nothing in it. Even if Hargreaves did that I would say doesn't deserve a charge.

Fire up tomorrow Sam! Brilliant player. What a work rate never stops. I have great respect for Graham too he never stops.

In todays game it is irrespective where initial contact is, if he hits the head then thats it. I dotn agree with it but thats the rules in todays game. Thus why it would have been a grade 1.

Rabbits20

Immortal
In todays game it is irrespective where initial contact is, if he hits the head then thats it. I dotn agree with it but thats the rules in todays game. Thus why it would have been a grade 1.

Well why do the Buldogs and Manly get away with it every week?

Why wasn't Hargreaves suspended the other week?

Josh Reynolds purposely kneed a Penrith player in the throat last week? Why wasn't he charged?

Why did Sam Moa get a grade 2 and only 125 points for that shocking hit on Souths Kirisome Auva'a. Early plea 92 points. What a bloody joke. Moa could have fractured the Souths players cheekbone was a send off offense. Moa should have got 2 weeks for that. That was 5 times worse than what Sam did.

I could write a long list but I wont waste my time!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
What a crock of absolute horse shit. Happening for decades.. hahaha.. Why do the Roosters receive by far the least penalties? 15 less than the next bottom team? do we also deliberately not try to receive penalties? Souths Sydney received 35 penalties more than the team that received the second most penalties.

Matches are decided in board rooms, not by players. This was the grand final the NRL wanted. Souths Sydney are the games biggest charity case, not a murmur about there women bashing antics in the press. A club with no dignity, ethics or morals. Hope the Bulldogs beat them by 90.

there's been another board meeting.
and its been unaninmously agreed : YOU ARE geniusED

Except that wasn't the case - Burgess' bicep makes contact flush with SBW's face...not too dissimilar to a tackle made by JWH on George Rose last year which got him sent off I might add.

bobmar28

Bench
If Souths are that good they shouldn't need help from the refs. They will probably get it though.
Change the rule, a set of six should be enough.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Except that wasn't the case - Burgess' bicep makes contact flush with SBW's face...not too dissimilar to a tackle made by JWH on George Rose last year which got him sent off I might add.

Another Chooks fan that is indenial. Very bitter and poor sports as usual.

You've got no idea. Lol. There was nothing in that tackle and it wasnt flush in the face at all.

Anyone knows if there should have been a send off it was Sam Moa on Auva'a. That was shocking could have fractured his cheekbone or jaw. It was intentional and with 5 minutes left only.

What a great day it is today. UP THE BUNNIES! GLORY GLORY:D:D

Tommy Smith

Referee
You've got no idea. Lol. There was nothing in that tackle and it wasnt flush in the face at all.
He doesn't deserve to miss a GF for the hit; but let's not twist the truth. If that isn't flush in the face then I don't know what is.

Any other week and that's a grade 1 high shot.

As a Roosters fan I LOVE the fact we're the only team that gets up and plays on from those type of hits. Even in a Prelim. Massive credit to SBW there and Robbo for his honourable coaching.

Attachments

• Burgesson SBW.jpg
    Burgesson SBW.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 6
Another Chooks fan that is indenial. Very bitter and poor sports as usual.

Anyone knows if there should have been a send off it was Sam Moa on Auva'a. That was shocking could have fractured his cheekbone or jaw. It was intentional and with 5 minutes left only.

What a great day it is today. UP THE BUNNIES! GLORY GLORY:D:D
Only an unreasonable person can say that this wasn't direct contact.

cr0rh.gif

I do agree with your view on Moa's tackle though, quite surprised he wasn't sent off.

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
To answer the thread title.

There is no chance that the bald man in the suit will let that happen.

Article%20Lead%20-%20narrow6164225410pkr2image.related.articleLeadNarrow.353x0.10p7gu.png1412254738461.jpg-300x0.jpg

I like the bald man in the suit, he has just warned he will do everything in his power to have suspension of Te'o and Burgees upheld in other codes should they do anything the Grand Final, not very proffesional singling out particular players but good to see nonetheless.