What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis = Overrated

Allstar Knights

Juniors
The guy is an absolute freak of a player and arguably one of the games best when he's on, but time and time again he's went missing in big games the last few years. His 2013 and 2014 Origin series were a lot quieter than usual and in the GF, it was only until Souths were well in front that he looked like he wanted to have a proper dig.

I remember for Melbourne he had the odd quiet NRL game, but he always aimed up in important games (Origin, finals, GF's)

Now he just looks like he couldn't be bothered most of the time.

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
He was fairly invisible last night, apart from one run and backing up Keary for that try, I don't remember him doing anything. He must have done something I didn't see though, because the DT reckons he warranted a 8.5/10 player rating. :crazy:

alien

Referee
The guy is an absolute freak of a player and arguably one of the games best when he's on, but time and time again he's went missing in big games the last few years. His 2013 and 2014 Origin series were a lot quieter than usual and in the GF, it was only until Souths were well in front that he looked like he wanted to have a proper dig.

I remember for Melbourne he had the odd quiet NRL game, but he always aimed up in important games (Origin, finals, GF's)

Now he just looks like he couldn't be bothered most of the time.

:lol::lol::lol:

Red Bear

Referee
heading-pyf-fishing.jpg

JJ

Immortal
some serious bait there...

why not call out the Burgess brothers and Adam Reynolds too?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
He was fairly invisible last night, apart from one run and backing up Keary for that try, I don't remember him doing anything. He must have done something I didn't see though, because the DT reckons he warranted a 8.5/10 player rating. :crazy:
Yeah, exactly.

I was going for Souths last night (can't stand the Bullgrubs) and this is definitely not a troll thread.

Does everyone genuinely think Inglis has been at or near his best the last few years?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
It took him until the 24th minute to touch the ball despite Souths having awesome field position early on and his first touch was a 7m kick return. His best position is centre where he doesn't have to cover the entire back-field in defence and only has to play on side of the field in attack. Souths should be putting Dylan Walker at fullback in years to come.

Inglis is an awesome player but he's much more suited at centre than at fullback.

Red Bear

Referee
Compare the starts Souths were getting to their sets from Inglis compared to the Dogs from perrett. He was incredibly important to them. Gets the whole team rolling from the back.

rabbitohs95

Bench
His best position is centre where he doesn't have to cover the entire back-field in defence and only has to play on side of the field in attack. Souths should be putting Dylan Walker at fullback in years to come.

Inglis is an awesome player but he's much more suited at centre than at fullback.

When Greg starts getting on in age and we still retain the likes of Walker and Johnston it'll be Johnston at fullback and Inglis in the centres.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Inglis is one of those players cursed to only get noticed when he does something spectacular. People expect him to make runs like he did against the donkeys every game, and when he doesn't, then he must have had a shit game.

soc123_au

Staff member
Only one try & a 60 meter line break. Didn't notice him make an error in attack or defence either. The bloke is garbage. JM covered it pretty well. He is a merkin due to his geographical shortcomings but he is a pretty handy player even at his worst.

BunniesMan

Immortal
When GI retires he will have more Origin tries and more tries for Australia than anyone in history. He got 14 Dally M votes this year.

And yes he has been relatively quiet the last couple of Origin series but that's because Meninga is an idiot and he is not playing in the position he trains in. Surely in 2015 he'll be at fullback and he'll show what he can do when not limited to a corridor.

Card Shark

Immortal
Inglis is probably the most gifted player in the game, which is lucky because he's lazy.

Good thing he is lazy for NSW & other opponents.

Latest posts