What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South sydney 2014 premiers

Spot On

Coach
Wonderful to see long time Rabbitoh fans get to watch their team win a comp. Great scenes in the final few minutes and after the game. Loved it.

Wayne Bennett was on the money when he labelled Madge's team as "predictable".:lol: Old fool.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Was at Redfern, there are about 500+ people dancing and singing in the streets to big drums

b0YPUlX.jpg

Is that it?

After 43 years you'd expect bigger. Were there bigger celebrations elsewhere?

BranVan3000

Coach
Is that it?

After 43 years you'd expect bigger. Were there bigger celebrations elsewhere?

That was when I first got there, was about 500+ people when I left with people still showing up. Wish I could have gotten more photos but my phone died

Even bigger crowd at Souths Juniors where the players went, looks like well over a thousand based on videos I'm seeing

Good crowd today at fan day:

Qb7EXN9.png

JRN6yGf.png

Bumble

First Grade
Not to mention a few thousand outside Souths Juniors last night as well. Was a great night.

Tommy Smith

Referee
On another note: the NRLs two remaining foundation clubs are going to continue dominating the competition over the rest of the decade.

Including 2013 and 2014, I think we'll see 5 Premierships in total between the two clubs by the dawn of 2020.

Both clubs have youth and quality in key positions as well as the two best forward packs in the comp. Not to mention outstanding talent in the 3/4s.

When the Roosters and Rabbits are going well, Rugby League is going well :D

Bumble

First Grade
On another note: the NRLs two remaining foundation clubs are going to continue dominating the competition over the rest of the decade.

Including 2013 and 2014, I think we'll see 5 Premierships in total between the two clubs by the dawn of 2020.

Both clubs have youth and quality in key positions as well as the two best forward packs in the comp. Not to mention outstanding talent in the 3/4s.

When the Roosters and Rabbits are going well, Rugby League is going well :D

I'm fine with this. I'm not as shit scared to lose a big game to your boys now that we've won one :lol:

Bench
43 years is a long wait,they were there or there abouts last 3 years,and this time took their chance,well done,but George was the rightfull ccm winner.

Crazy Steve

Juniors
To all the Rabbitohs fans and members congratulations on a great GF and a very deserved victory.

You were easily the best team through the finals series (easily disposing of my beloved Roosters along the way).

Enjoy your victory it has been a long time coming, for the club and it's fans. Soak it up and enjoy it until next year, you have earnt it.

ek999

First Grade
Well done Souths you were the better team on the night and one of the best all year. A very well deserved premiership

Congratulations to Souths. The better team won on the night.

As to Player of the Match, I thought George Burgess had a better game than Sam did. When the Bulldogs got it back to level pegging and it looked like the momentum was starting to shift it was George (with some good lead up work by Koroisau) who scored the try that swung it back to the Rabbitohs.

Souths halves though were solid but hardly up there as the best on ground.

seaeagle sam

It's a bit late because I've been on the piss for the past 4 days but a big congrats to Souths and their fans. Great win and fantastic celebratory scenes. Enjoy it.

I'll still try and get a few lols in next season but I'm going to have to try hard to find any! :)