What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

maple_69

Bench
First time I've seen footage of the great man. A lot of famous moments from the past are overhyped but this really was spectacular. The expression on his face at the end is pretty heartbreaking though.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Carige had a good game prior to this when Parra beat Brisbane at ANZ in that same finals series

one of his few

Y2Eel

First Grade
Anonymous says: Paul Carige is a legend. The only player to play every game in 1998 for the eels. (12/11/2011)

Anonymous says: He was quick. (12/11/2011)

Anonymous says: Someone most Parra fans now hold a grudge against because of '98. Shame because he could play. (06/12/2011)

Anonymous says: I agree, shame he retired after that game. He should have keep going and not let the critics get to him. He was a good player. I remember the game against Newcastle, great try champion (12/12/2011)

Anonymous says: I remember Paul Carige, he had so many great games. One bad game and for some reason the fans were so unforgiving. I agree, he should have not decided to leave, kept playing. Good on ya Paul (26/02/2012)

James says: You should have seen the backlash he got after the game. Poor guy, but I guess Parra fans aren't so forgiving after not having won anything for so long. (11/04/2012)

Ben says: I reckon he was a good player. strange he got such a beating by the fans and media. Yes understand the fans as parra don't get many wins on the board. (25/04/2012)

Want to have your say about this player? Add a comment.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/paul-carige/summary.html

God-King Dean

Immortal
I was saying during the State Cup game, 'it's weird how Wes hasn't played much FG in the past few years. I thought he was a good player.'

Now I see....

MrAnonymous

Bench
How did he play well ? He's last tackle options are another reason they lost. He did some good things well but not the things a halfback should be doing.

His kicking was better than last week and better than forans. He cops a lot of shit for terrible blunders and rightly so but overall that was one of his rare good games. One bad error today and some decent footy otherwise. The kick for vidot was as good as you'd see from Thurston or Cronk.

tumbidragon

First Grade
BJ Leilua. Recent game Vs Australia was probably the worst individual performance I've seen. I actually rate him but man he was Rubbish. Almost single handedly ruined any slim chance Samoa had. Think It was 4 personal penalties, 3 errors + a bath from Jennings.

Latest posts