What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
A hell of a good winger in his prime, who became not good enough at the end of his career. That about sums it up, does it not?

JJ

Immortal
I'm curious what the geniuses on here think was happening when Merritt was scoring 20 tries a season for some of the worst teams of all time.

Say the sentence "Anyone could have scored tries on the end of a Brad Watts/Owen Craigie/Shannon Hegarty backline" with a straight face. F**king idiots.

That's it in a nutshell

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think the flak isn't from Merritt himself (other than playing the race card, playing shit in big gmes & chucking a tantram when dropped......), rather than Souths fans having an annual soon that he wasn't selected for NSW.

Bumble

First Grade
I think the flak isn't from Merritt himself (other than playing the race card, playing shit in big gmes & chucking a tantram when dropped......), rather than Souths fans having an annual soon that he wasn't selected for NSW.

Should've been selected many years before he was. Just look at the battlers that were picked ahead of him ffs.

2006: Scores 22 tries, passed over for Eric Grothe all three games who scored FIVE in the year.
2007: Hazem is picked ahead of him
2008: Steve Turner and Anthony Quinn are picked ahead of him
2009: Steve Turner again ffs
2010: Michael Gordon, Jamal Idris AND Joel Monaghan
2011: Aku Uate all three games despite some SOO stinkers
2012: Uate again
2013: Finally gets his chance only after other players are made unavailable, at the back end of his career.
2014: Retires

---

You can't possibly make cases for ALL of those guys being picked ahead of him but for argument's sake, even if you could, it's ridiculous that some people on here will judge his whole career on that one bad Origin game.

A great club man and an excellent finisher - as I said earlier, if it's so easy to fall over the line from 5m out, why can't every team find wingers who can do it consistently for over a decade?

Mr Saab

Referee
Sure, Merritt scored alot of tries in 2006, but alot were the last try of the game when souths were behinf by 30.

Latest posts