What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

hindy111

Post Whore
While we wait for the league trials to come thought id open a NFL thread.Hope I don't offend anyone......

Im a philli fan. They had a great Win this morning. They wont take out the Bowl but there offense will cause lots of problems to other teams...

Denver and Seattle are still the standouts for me.New England are starting to fire as well. And the cowboys lead by Romo are running Hot.
There are a few other teams who might challenge-49rs,bengals-cardinals and chargers. I also think the Browns are and exciting team.Sure there not a play off team but I like them.

And to Baltimore fan-With Joe falcao you just never know ;)

Oh and what about Rodgers last throw of the game too win it? Great Monday morning of football

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eagles, Patriots, Broncos, Cowboys, Seahawks...

There are other teams, you know! Like mighty Oakland!

Kornstar

Coach
Gamepass is awesome too, you can download the games onto your device this year from home and then watch them on the train or at work without the need for wifi.

Also obviously watch them live too, and can watch through Apple TV if wanting the bigger screen at home.

hindy111

Post Whore
Raiders where unlucky...I have game pass. Nrl could learn off it.They charge only about $30 more for the season.And the quality is 10 times better.
I can flick between games at anytime.Can be 8 games at a time. Its great being able to see 8 games in 3 hrs.And your certain 3 of them will come down too the last few mins.
I can watch a highlights package-A game play only highlight.I can watch 4-games on a split screen and bring up live stats....

hindy111

Post Whore
You watch Monday morning football? May as well be at the beach with all the other bludgers.

Yeah...Im up a 5 for it.Cause I work forself if I only have 4 days work I have Mondays off and try and always do this.I usually stay in bed until about 10 watching in my undies nibbling on biscuits and a cup of tea.After 10 I Put some pants on about then and breakie and than watch the main game at 1130-230.If my mates free we cook up hotdogs and watch together. (with pants n at this time )

Kornstar

Coach
Raiders where unlucky...I have game pass. Nrl could learn off it.They charge only about $30 more for the season.And the quality is 10 times better.
I can flick between games at anytime.Can be 8 games at a time. Its great being able to see 8 games in 3 hrs.And your certain 3 of them will come down too the last few mins.
I can watch a highlights package-A game play only highlight.I can watch 4-games on a split screen and bring up live stats....

I f**king love it, I watch the Colts games live at work, or avoid the scores until I can watch the replay (for the 4am games, they finish just before I get to work) as soon as it is up.

I download the other games to watch at work over the week.

hindy111

Post Whore
Colts have such an easy division -They will top it easy.There attack is great but I don't think they can doo too much in the play offs

Good idea for a thread Hindy. I tend to tape the games and watch through the week (like right now), so I might be a little out of date.

T.S Quint

Coach
It was enjoyable watching Seattle get done by the Cowboys today. Dallas is a real threat this season. O-line is providing great protection for Romo and getting their RB's through the line. Their defence is also holding up very well.

Niners and Rams in a Divisional game tomorrow. Let's go Niners!

T.S Quint

Coach
Gamepass is awesome.
I can't watch at work, so I'm able to come home and check out as many games as I want. Just now I finished watching the Bills/Pats, Packers/Phins and Cheathawks/Cowboys games.

Great finish in Miami. Felt a bit sorry for the Phins. They played so well but were just beaten by a better QB.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hey whats with Kyle Ortons moustache?

I need niners to win $500..Had $100 on Detroit into Arizona in 49rs....

Ahh dallas have an easy run too.Philli will have to knock them off in both games to top group.But as we know with Romo he can turn to mud like the flick of a switch.There field goal kicker is amazing thou.I reckon he would kick a 60yrd....

T.S Quint

Coach
Niners would be heavy favourites going into tomorrows game.
No Bradford for the Rams, their defence has been poor and SF have hit a bit of form. They are still underdone though and have some poor series in them (Bears and Cards games for instance).

If we can get to 4-2 and jump over the Seahawks in the NFC West it will be a good start considering our shit losses in two games we should have won.
Cards have been great so far and are a good team, but not sure if they will keep winning. They beat a couple of very good teams (SF and San Diego) but their other wins have come against crappy teams at home.
Their flogging at the hands of Denver may be telling.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Tbf, denver is going to punt a few teams, roster wise they have the best on Paper, just need to actually turn up for the superbowl this time.

T.S Quint

Coach
Tbf, denver is going to punt a few teams, roster wise they have the best on Paper, just need to actually turn up for the superbowl this time.

Yeah, I'm expecting them to do a number on SF next weekend.
Our pass rush and secondary just won't be able to shut down Manning and Co.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Nah, we're not unlucky - we can't get our shit together off the field, and we deserve to stink it up.

Oakland makes the Eels' back office look like a trillion-dollar business' board tbh...

Eelementary

Post Whore
While we're at it, could someone please explain to me why Oakland's games are never televised?

I've been told it's because of the blackout deal, but it doesn't add up to me.

It's irritating not being able to watch my team.