What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

Burwood

Bench
Meh. He obviously needed the money for his family after being jobless for the last 12 months- can't hold that against him. Blessing in disguise though- we really don't need someone of his character at the club.

eozsmiles

Bench
Gids is a club legend. He might never have been outstanding, he might have deteriorated physically, and he might never have been the most naturally gifted, but he always busted his gut for us which is what made him so good, and still does. So f**k all of you that give him this shit.

Say he needs to go, whatever. But the personal stuff is too much.

Fair call. Any club that can get 17 blokes to try as hard as him would be going in the right direction.

eozsmiles

Bench
Gids could get the 14 jumper. Can play 1,6,7 and 9. Use him in patches to bring some energy and his natural utility ability could be great insurance.

League_God

Juniors
Best case scenario;

1.Darius Boyd (fit and firing)
2.James McManus
3.Dane Gagai
4.BJ Leiluia
5.Sione Matautai
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Tyrone Roberts
8.Jeremy Smith
9.Adam Clydesdale
10.Kade Snowden
11.Beau Scott (c)
12.Tariq Sims
13.Korbin Sims

14.Kurt Gidley
15.David Faalogo
16.Pat Vaivai
17.Robbie Rochow

Frederick

Staff member
Jeremy smith at prop? Da fuq?

Best case scenario (for me, anyway):

1. Boyd
2. S. Mata'utia
3. Gagai
4. Leilua
5. C. Mata'utia
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Clydesdale
10. K. Sims
11. Scott (c)
12. Sims
13. Smith
14. Vaivai
15. Mataora
16. Rochow
17. Tapine

McManus has been a good and reliable, but he doesn't have an x-factor about him. He's just plain vanilla. No kurt or Aku means a severe decrease in the amount of Derp in our team.

macavity

Referee
Kurt and Aku will be there.... and should be IMO.

who dafuq knows about Boyd. He stays and we have a real logjam in the backfield.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Aku watching these boys ahead of him, might fire him up, last i heard, he was in speed training and going like a mad man. he has too much pride to just lay down and collect the cash, just lost all confidence in himself, hopefully a massive off season, will see the Old Aku return.

Imagine what a fully firing back line could do.

1. Boyd
2. S. Mata'utia
3. Gagai
4. Leilua
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Roberts

would have no problem scoring points, and as i assume all our players will be paid from day one, we should come out firing.

Spot On

Coach
Is someone going to fix his problems under the high ball and general ball security???

Sorry, that's very negative but........ very true.

Good luck to him. He'll need it.

Rod

Bench
I feel like his reliability under the high ball had improved before he got injured.

Can't argue about his general ball security though. That shocker against the Titans proved what he is still capable of in that area.

Swarzey

Bench
Given how well he went under Stone, i don't think think he's worth putting in NSW Cup just yet. He, Mullen and Gidley essentially kept this team from being a bottom 4 side under Stone and I think after what Bennett did to him, he deserves another chance. Uate at his best is easily one of the better wingers in the competition and whether or not he can recapture that form is worth the risk.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Top 10 player transfers

2. Tariq Sims (Cowboys to Knights)
The Knights needed a signing in the mould of Tariq Sims in the world possible way after a horror 2014 season. In aging forward pack was in need of youth and aggression and in the young Origin hopeful they have found both in spades. Sims, whose development was stunted by a horrible run with injuries, may finally realise his potential in the Hunter.
The 24 year-old can play anywhere in the forward pack and will be looked upon to make a big impact early in 2015. Big, fast, and talented with ball in hand, Sims has the potential to become anything. This is one I will be watching closely as Sims provides great entertainment whether with, or without the ball. Newcastle should win big here.

http://monstasport.com/?p=3127
http://monstasport.com/?p=3127

Swarzey

Bench
Apparently going to Brisbane. Haven't seen it confirmed but it's the word going about although the article does suggest he's staying at the club.

I think he has potential but then again I think that way about most of the U20's pack and will just be a depth player given I believe our bench (IF it's the one Fred) is pretty solid. Can only see him being a bench player due to injuries until at least 2018 when Scott retires (assuming given his contract is up).

Also in relation to the Sims post above, I wouldn't be surprised if he has an impact like Beau did last season. If we ever get anywhere next season, I have little doubt he would have played a major role in it.

Tariq needs to fire. It is that simple. What he adds is size, speed and aggression. He and Beau should hunt mercilessly the other packs. Add Jeremy Smith and you will go far to find a more impressive back row. It is also plausible Tariq could be pushed up to the front row if the need arises like Houston is. I still feel if we can use our strengths ie back row and backline in a dominant fashion the 8 is still a realistic target in 2015. As far as front rowers go Stone need only look at Manly and Melbourne to understand you don't need big names to be a success.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade

Jono078

Referee
I really liked what I saw from Fitzgibbon in the games I watched. I think he'll be a really solid front rower.

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't think Fitzgibbon will be a front rower, size isn't an issue but it's simply not his game. He reminds me if Aidan Guerra, he's very effective on the fringes especially because he's awkward to tackle, he wriggles, he's got a great hit and spin, he's kind of all hips and knees.