What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazal

Post Whore
Crooks is an astute signing now, possibly. If we don't sign a fullback, Hoppa goes to one and Champion or Crooks plays centre with Morgan. Crooks is the better player but might need time.

That said if we're not on the phone to Hoffman, Stewart, Boyd, Barba and Folau we deserve another spoon. Not that I necessarily would pick all those blokes personally...but we need a decent fullback and those guys are probably the most likely.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Crooks is an astute signing now, possibly. If we don't sign a fullback, Hoppa goes to one and Champion or Crooks plays centre with Morgan. Crooks is the better player but might need time.

That said if we're not on the phone to Hoffman, Stewart, Boyd, Barba and Folau we deserve another spoon. Not that I necessarily would pick all those blokes personally...but we need a decent fullback and those guys are probably the most likely.

I agree they are all options, but I don't reckon Folau is worth what he could be asking. Stewart would be a good option. Barba aren't the player he was. I wouldnt mind Matai and move hoppa to full back, I reckon his aggression is something we are missing.

hindy111

Post Whore
This I great news for our club TBH....
Hayne just isn't worth 1.2 million a year he would command.Sure he is a great player but you don't see the Duke of penrith paying that kind of money for one guy.Blame the salary cap!

Now we can get a very good replacement for 500k. That leaves 700k to play with. You could sign two decent forwards for that and be better placed.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hayne just isn't worth 1.2 million a year he would command.Sure he is a great player but you don't see the Duke of penrith paying that kind of money for one guy.Blame the salary cap!

Now we can get a very good replacement for 500k. That leaves 700k to play with. You could sign two decent forwards for that and be better placed.

You don't see the Duke of Penrith winning a comp either.

The comp winners tend to have one of the best players in the comp on their team. $BW, Burgess, Cherry Evans (etc).

The Colonel

Immortal
This is hilarious. Truly.

We as a club are a joke. The NRL is a joke. Between the blokes that run the game and the blokes that control a game this year was abysmal despite the fact we actually improved. To lose the joint Dally M winner, regardless of why, is a blight not only on the club but the game itself. We will never go ahead until the game itself takes itself seriously. SBW, Folau, Burgess and now Hayne. I'm about done.

El Diablo

Post Whore

he made the decision so late that we have no hope of doing that for next season

thanks Jarryd

Status
Not open for further replies.