What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football Mk:2 - The Ultras Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

fish eel

Immortal
Bartman knows how to live.

Saturday night. Great weather. Not a cloud in the sky.

So let's follow an A-League game on a smh blog and act like a troll on the interwebs.

What a winner!

Suitman

Post Whore

So let's follow an A-League game on a smh blog and act like a troll on the interwebs.

What a winner!

So how many $5500 fines and 5 year bans will handed out for the field invasion Fishy? 80? 100?

Suity

strider

Post Whore
The police n security were too busy at the other end of the field doing nothing to nab any of em LOL

They were harmlessly enjoying their teams winning goal anyway. All good fun

bartman

Immortal

What a winner!
And still obviously reeled you in enough to bother replying, sunshine ;-).

Who's the winner now? Clearly not the Wanderers in any case...

#theyrecrapwithoutono

Suitman

Post Whore
Still no comment or news related quotes from the troll about the hundred or so FC fans who intentionally invaded the field to disrupt the game.
Under stadium rules, it is an automatic $5500 fine. Under A-League rules it is an automatic 5 year ban.
In season 1 for the Wanderers, a fan at Pirtek. stood on the fence for a goal celebration, over balanced and fell into the field of play. He immediately tried to climb back over the fence but was hauled away by security and given a fine and 5 year ban, even though he disrupted nothing. 15 others were given 5 year bans for celebrating a W-League game win by running onto the field AFTER the game at Campbelltown.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Still no comment or news related quotes from the troll about the hundred or so FC fans who intentionally invaded the field to disrupt the game. Under stadium rules, it is an automatic $5500 fine. Under A-League rules it is an automatic 5 year ban.
In season 1 for the Wanderers, a fan at Pirtek. stood on the fence for a goal celebration, over balanced and fell into the field of play. He immediately tried to climb back over the fence but was hauled away by security and given a fine and 5 year ban, even though he disrupted nothing. 15 others were given 5 year bans for celebrating a W-League game win by running onto the field AFTER the game at Campbelltown.

Come on mate, no one got hurt, its just passion from the fans, good to watch.

Of course its a crime, throw away the key should Wanderers fans show any passion wether marching to the game or at the game

Suitman

Post Whore
Record single round of regular season crowds. That pretty impressive considering Victory didn't have a home game.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
2.jpg

Gotta be dozens of fans up for 5 year bans in this shot.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Amazing how f**ked up the OS rule is. It seems to be 50/50 on the SFC goal depending on who you talk to. Got something to do with impeding the goalie etc.

I enjoyed the game. Not all that boring like some games I've been to. Can't say I got into it emotionally like I do with the Eels. Like me going to see a Swans game or maybe a one day match (cricket). I have a declared fav, but in the end I don't really care all that much.

For what it's worth, I thought that the "own goal" mistake by the keeper was a bit unfair when he got a push in the stomach from a WSW merkin.

Also what about that WSW pelican faking injury in the goal mouth when there was a few mins to go ? Sasa should have thumped him. I like Sasa by the way. He's the Greg Bird of the team.

I also like Janko. He'll be a great buy for SFC.

Do WSW have any female fans ?

fish eel

Immortal
Amazing how f**ked up the OS rule is. It seems to be 50/50 on the SFC goal depending on who you talk to. Got something to do with impeding the goalie etc.

I enjoyed the game. Not all that boring like some games I've been to. Can't say I got into it emotionally like I do with the Eels. Like me going to see a Swans game or maybe a one day match (cricket). I have a declared fav, but in the end I don't really care all that much.

For what it's worth, I thought that the "own goal" mistake by the keeper was a bit unfair when he got a push in the stomach from a WSW merkin.

Also what about that WSW pelican faking injury in the goal mouth when there was a few mins to go ? Sasa should have thumped him. I like Sasa by the way. He's the Greg Bird of the team.
I also like Janko. He'll be a great buy for SFC.

Do WSW have any female fans ?

I don't see how Ibini could be standing that close to and directly infront of Covic without impeding him, so it's offside. In any case, the momentum was already with Sydney thanks to the goal just before halftime. It's that's not scored, wsw win IMO.

TheParraboy

Staff member
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/american-football/indian-footballer-dies-after-goal-celebration-goes-wrong/ar-BBaf70f?ocid=mailsignout

Feel for the blokes family, but one somersault wasn't enough??

I guess it was a matter of time before one of these over zealous goal celebrations went horribly wrong

An Indian football player has died after a goal celebration went wrong during a match last week.

Bethlehem Vengthlang FC player Peter Biaksangzuala landed on his head after somersaulting several times when he scored a goal against Chanmari FC last Tuesday in the north-eastern state of Mizoram.

The 23-year-old was rushed to hospital where a CT scan showed he had severely damaged his spinal cord.

He was moved to intensive care but did not recover from the injury and died on Sunday.

It has been reported the player was trying to imitate Germanfootball star Miroslav Klose, who performs a flip often after scoring.

A statement on the Mizoram Premier League Facebook page confirmed the player's death and said his jersey number will be retired by Bethlehem Vengthlang FC.

"As Peter sleeps, the world can rest in the knowledge that someone out there would be able to see and the football pitch will always be one man down," the statement read.

"And heaven has gained a defensive midfielder; apart from the hard tackles and the breaking up of good attacks, goal celebrations will never be painful anymore.

"Goodbye Peter."

Status
Not open for further replies.