What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

spiderdan

Bench
Bo would've been the greatest but he retired after only 3 seasons due to injury, oj smashed so many rushing records, and till this day, no one has ever rushed for over 2000 in 12 games, prob never be broken that feat
fair enough. I used to love watching emmit smith during the cows golden era. Herschel walker is another favourite. espn doco about him shows what a freak of nature he is.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Saw that Hershel walker one, amazing doc actually, very different kind of oerson, still does his 2000 sit-ups a day ha.

Emmit smith was great, he killed my bills in those superbowl a, however he arguably had the greatest online of all time blocking for him.

IMO the greatest running backs ever are Barry sanders and Walter Payton

yep, in the first vid early on there is running back you may have heard off, none other then oj simpson - he was amazing looking at the highlights, if it werent for the murder he couldve went down as buffalo's and the nfl's greasest ever running back

It was all a sham, tho. I remember seeing a documentary years later where OJ was caught on tape asking a cop to get him heroin.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I remember watching an NFL Films doco on this game.
I think it was in the Greatest Games docos. Brilliant stuff. Loved all the fans coming back after leaving at half time.

The NFL knows how to put a doco together. The NRL should take some pointers.

There docs are sick, doesn't matter which team either. IMO the missing rings docs are the best, lived the Vikings 98 one

T.S Quint

Coach
There docs are sick, doesn't matter which team either. IMO the missing rings docs are the best, lived the Vikings 98 one

I've got the one about the history of Candlestick Park saved on my IQ.
Probably watch it tomorrow.
It was a run-down old joint, but I still loved it.

[youtube]VhNg_3NxACU[/youtube]

:lol: Poor Al, he never did get his face out there.

Ed: It's disgusting the way they splash this stuff all over the newspapers! What is journalism coming to? You're laying on top of the queen with her legs wrapped around you. And they call that news. They can't kick you off the force, Frank! It's just not fair!

Frank: I know, Ed. Life isn't always fair. Just think. The next time I shoot someone, I could be arrested.

T.S Quint

Coach
Haha, love it.

I do hold Flying High in higher esteem though. For me that's the funniest movie ever made.

Haha, love it.

I do hold Flying High in higher esteem though. For me that's the funniest movie ever made.

Shirley you jest? :D

Actually, it's not a popular opinion but I prefer Flying High II to the original (and I'm a huge Nielsen fan). But I've seen them all, multiple times. Naked Gun, Flying High and Police Squad. For me, the Naked Gun series was the most polished, and I believe Nielsen himself nominated that as the best movie he'd ever been in. But it's all the same people: Zucker, Abrahams, Zucker.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The toilet scene in the first one is possibly one if the greatest scenes in movie history- it was like watching myself, instead I blow arse normally at the start.