What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matador BBQs One-Day Cup, 2014/15

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Twatson out just when he needed to push on. 4 down, 103 to win 90 balls. It will be tight and WA will be spewing that Paris is off injured.

undertaker

Coach
Just turned on the telecast for the first time today and it is absolutely embarrassing to have the final played at an empty SCG. It doesn't do the tournament any favours at all.Should've been played at one of the smaller grounds like North Sydney Oval

Everything about this revamped domestic one day comp has been a disgrace since Ch9 have taken over the broadcasting. I still can't get over what Ch9 did the other night by cutting the broadcast after the first innings just so they could show Friends and another movie.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Just turned on the telecast for the first time today and it is absolutely embarrassing to have the final played at an empty SCG. It doesn't do the tournament any favours at all.Should've been played at one of the smaller grounds like North Sydney Oval

Everything about this revamped domestic one day comp has been a disgrace since Ch9 have taken over the broadcasting. I still can't get over what Ch9 did the other night by cutting the broadcast after the first innings just so they could show Friends and another movie.

They don't care. CA have cramped this one day tournament due the BBL. That's where they are making their coin. I doubt we will see a repeat of Friends half way through a t20 game

TheParraboy

Staff member
Had a hunch WA would win. NSW have been terrible chasing of late

Sunshine did well for 83, but really was our only hope. Needed to hang around and get a 120-130no

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
One thing about this tournament being played in a compact time span and in nsw and Qld only is that it does mimic World Cup conditions to a degree. For younger players that's a good experience.

IMO North Sydney is too small a ground to have a final. Blacktown would have been a good option though.

Timbo

Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if Drummoyne replaced NSO next summer.

They should run the tournament 7 more days and televise the whole thing. But that would sadly cut into important flagship programming on GEM like Friends and Hey Dad!

Latest posts