What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the most over-rated player in the NRL?

Packy

Bench
I like Daniel Tupou. He makes good runs from dummy and is safe. He's no superstar.

Tamou was a beast when he was younger. The older he gets the less his impact.

ceagle

Bench
The theme of this thread is literally any player who had a good season a year or two ago and hasn't quite played at that standard since.

RaVS

Juniors
The theme of this thread is literally any player who had a good season a year or two ago and hasn't quite played at that standard since.

Well, to add to this I would also add Benji Marshall! He had that one debut season with all his fancy tricks, after that nothing. A true one hit wonder. Honestly, never seen the guy make a tackle.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well, to add to this I would also add Benji Marshall! He had that one debut season with all his fancy tricks, after that nothing. A true one hit wonder. Honestly, never seen the guy make a tackle.

You should've warned Peter Doust.

Totally agree with this one, 3 clubs and the guy still lacks soo much discipline in his game. Just like Papali the other night, gets into the team cause he's 'big' but made like one good run all night.

I'll join you. Guy has all the physical attributes but has a heart the size of a grain of sand. If he ever applied himself he could be arguably the best forward in the NRL, but just doesn't want to.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
cant wait to see what happens when moses (also a poor defender) is in the side next year. 2 turnstiles to run through, one on either side, and poor centres and 2nd rowers to help them out. you know it makes sense... :)

Either one, Moses or Brooks, would have more sticking power than you.

POPEYE

Coach
Any rating I give a player is the right rating as far as I'm concerned, no different to any League supporter who has a mind of his own . . . it's the feeble minded who dote on the opinions of so-called experts that make threads like this possible

The Rosco

Bench
cant wait to see what happens when moses (also a poor defender) is in the side next year. 2 turnstiles to run through, one on either side, and poor centres and 2nd rowers to help them out. you know it makes sense... :)

Actually, I DO remember these turnstiles that you speak of. Plenty of them when WT played the rabbits in the first round.

FMD, are we going to have to put up with this newfound smugness till next season ?

The season is over, alien. 2 weeks down the track, nobody gives a fkk about your rabbits. Or their victory.
Get used to it.

The Rosco

Bench
Sorry, got a lil off topic there.

The single most over-rated player in the last 5 yrs is that Everingham winger for souths.
Mods . . . this thread is done. Wrap her up please.

Last edited:

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
some commentators wax lyrical over some players before they really do anything which i suppose has people feeling that the player in question is overated as a result.

As Big Jack Gibson would say it's a simple game- he told Sterling for weeks to kick it to the seagulls- Sterlo didn't know what he meant nor was talking about until one game he jumped into dummy half looked down field and saw all the seagulls on the ground at the other end of the field- the penny finally dropped

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Any rating I give a player is the right rating as far as I'm concerned, no different to any League supporter who has a mind of his own . . . it's the feeble minded who dote on the opinions of so-called experts that make threads like this possible

I rate this post 1 Can of spinach out of 100.

Latest posts