What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the most over-rated player in the NRL?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
some commentators wax lyrical over some players before they really do anything which i suppose has people feeling that the player in question is overated as a result.

As Big Jack Gibson would say it's a simple game- he told Sterling for weeks to kick it to the seagulls- Sterlo didn't know what he meant nor was talking about until one game he jumped into dummy half looked down field and saw all the seagulls on the ground at the other end of the field- the penny finally dropped

That's fascinating. In part 2 do you tell us what the f**k Sterlo and seagulls has got to do with overrated players?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You can't claim that as a too easy . . . steering a Hummer with one hand and a pair of tweezers in the other doesn't mean you can cut corners

How do you steer a pair of tweezers? And which implement are you using to cut the corners? The hummer or the tweezers? Wouldn't a pair of scissors work better Walter?

Zigwaa

Bench
There are two for mine that stand-out superbly

1) Daniel Tupou. What is soo special about this guy?

2) James Tamou. I'm a cowboys supporter, however don't understand how he has played for Australia and Origin for NSW. NEVER seen the guy run the ball hard, looks soft in comparison to his fellow prop Matt Scott.

Which players do you guys think are over-rated?

Are you a channel 9 commentator by any chance? They are the only people who use that bastardised phrase

Vic Mackey

Referee
I find mansour a but over rated too. No doubts he is a good winger, but he is pretty one dimensional. Strong runner and that's it, average hands, not particularly safe and no real skills. As said I think he's decent and I'd take him in a heartbeat at the tigers over Richards, but i don't think he is origin standard like so many talk about.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I like Mansour he's a solid winger who is good at getting his team out of the 20 metre zone and finishes tries off well, not to mention his strong tackling technique. He just needs to work on his handling as he is so erratic when he runs he tends to get a case of the dropsies.

If he can improve this he will be a damn fine winger.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I find mansour a but over rated too. No doubts he is a good winger, but he is pretty one dimensional. Strong runner and that's it, average hands, not particularly safe and no real skills. As said I think he's decent and I'd take him in a heartbeat at the tigers over Richards, but i don't think he is origin standard like so many talk about.

Good call!! He's as one dimensional as a Rubik's Line.

Include the following and we have the First Four.

Dave Taylor
Sam Thiaday
Ben Barba

DCE was just pipped at the post after a piss poor post-Origin half a season.

Lambretta

First Grade
I agree with your Hayne assessment

Him, Sonny Bill and Sam Burgess are next to f**king useless
None of them will get a run in first grade in the NRL next year, you mark my words

mxlegend99

Referee
Sione Mata'utia - a promising talent. But has just been named on the wing for Australia ahead of Daniel Tupou and Alex Johnston after only 7 games.

He hasnt earned this spot IMO.I just hope he lives up to expectations or Australia are gone.

RaVS

Juniors
Sione Mata'utia - a promising talent. But has just been named on the wing for Australia ahead of Daniel Tupou and Alex Johnston after only 7 games.

He hasnt earned this spot IMO.I just hope he lives up to expectations or Australia are gone.

+1 incredible that he has been called up. Perhaps the England doesn't have much video on him and Sheens is hoping he will surprise them. Only logical explanation I can think of lol.