What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4nations | Australia v England | aami park | sun 2nd nov

marv

Juniors
i mean whiteheads ability to find gaps and score tries...

Its not Super League Spud, I think we will find those gaps may be smaller.

I go for Catalans, I know Whiteheads strengths. I know he has had an eye catching season, but its not all about scoring tries.

People's main concern over the back row was they were dominated in the tackle. Whitehead isn't going to fix that IMO

Last edited:

whall15

Coach
Everyone's mentioned the pack but playing a guy with only 7 games first grade experience, in an international against England is a joke.

However, the English do seem to have a complex about playing NRL opposition as demonstrated by the below-par performance last week and indeed the overall lacklustre performances by Northern Hemisphere sides against the Pacific Islands at the past World Cup.

If England can get over that, and now is as good a time as any, they should win comfortably.

RoosTah

Juniors
Sheens, as much as I love him, has clearly lost the plot. He's clearly not thinking here and I honestly can't see how we can win with the side he's selected after their utterly inept performance last week.

w2lphu.png

PARRA_FAN

Coach

So, people are questioning his eligibilty? :?

Yes of course he's Australian, but I think people would be questioning his selection, based on his experience, only 7 first grade games. Good on him though. Hope the kid does well.

Is this the least amount of First Grade games for an Australian player?

I was also born in Australia, and like Sione am an Australian citizen.
So according to his brothers eligibility rules I should get picked for the Kangaroos, regardless of talent.

perverse

Referee
I feel very sorry for Sione. Unless he has a blinder, people are going to give it to him deluxe for no other reason than he's been picked way ahead of his time, and in the wrong environment (under the pump).

A similar stunt as this ruined Jarrod Mullen for a long time. Some might say permanently.

I've just got my fingers crossed that he rips it up and keeps the hounds at bay.

Scubby

Juniors
i see the aussies have appointed a aussie ref....fcking pathetic

What the hell? Why start the tournament with neutral referees and change after one round?

So after 2 rounds the Aussies and Kiwis will have a local ref 1/2 and England will have a local ref 0/2. Perfect.

RedVee

First Grade
Surely Sheens has a few changes to make to this lineup before they run on?

Re Sione M... I guess the eligibility comment was issued to those that think every player with a non Anglo surname should be playing with a team other than Australia.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah this has Mullen's NSW debut written all over it. Please stop trying to destroy our most talented juniors.

Bronco18

Juniors
This has probably been discussed before, but why wasn't Chambers in the squad ahead of a 7 game player?

I thought he had a cracker of a game in Origin III.

The Clan

Juniors
Ausies appointing an Australian referee after it was said the games would have neutral referees is tantamount to cheating IMO!

I'm no fan of Henry Perenara but he's there for a reason, to be the neutral official between Australia and England so WTF!

Stinks

Steve Davy

Juniors
Ausies appointing an Australian referee after it was said the games would have neutral referees is tantamount to cheating IMO!

I'm no fan of Henry Perenara but he's there for a reason, to be the neutral official between Australia and England so WTF!

Stinks

It does. If they were interested in the reffing being seen as impartial, they would not appoint an Aussie. If they are not interested in even seeming impartial then I very much doubt they have any interest in actually been impartial.

Gerard Sutton has been appointed to do a job, which is cheating and it is an unfair situation into put him in.

Geordie

Juniors
Why would anyone be surprised that the Aussies have got their own referee for this most important game for them? Of course it stinks and always has done every time they do it but they always seem to get away with it. I expected this after Cam Smith criticised Bentham last weekend for being too slow around the ruck area allowing the Kiwis to lie on.

Latest posts