What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FA Cup

WireMan

Bench
Warrington have made the first round proper for the first time ever! :D

Their 8th game of the comp so far.
In the first round championship clubs enter.
Premier clubs join in the 3rd round.

So only two more matches to win for town before we get to knock the scousers out!!! :D

Jimbo

Immortal
League 1 and 2 join in round 1. Championship teams enter in round 3 with the PL sides

Great effort by Warrington though, I love seeing teams from those lower levels go on a run. A few years ago a level 8 side made round 1 and forced a replay

WireMan

Bench
League 1 and 2 join in round 1. Championship teams enter in round 3 with the PL sides

Great effort by Warrington though, I love seeing teams from those lower levels go on a run. A few years ago a level 8 side made round 1 and forced a replay

Yeah my bad. League teams though!

Awesome stuff. I hope we get Sheffield united or some big team like that!

WireMan

Bench
If it's live on the Beeb, you'd think it would also be on ESPN here

:lol:
You get to see the Mecca of football that is the Cantilever in all its glory.

Its on Friday night at 7.55pm over here. Not sure what time that is in Aus. Saturday morning I think.

Jimbo

Immortal
Saturday morning our time

Looks like ESPN is not showing it after all

Boo...

Jimbo

Immortal
Wow!! The magic lives on!!

Wirey will probably tell us all about it on Tuesday or so. I'm guessing he'll be too delirious to post until then

WireMan

Bench
:lol:

Awesome stuff!!!! Absolutely brilliant stuff.

One more game until we get to knock out a prem team!!!!

The game had the classic 3 stages on how to giant kill in football.

Step one: Run around and use the nervous energy and play football. Score an early goal.

Step two: after 15 or 20 mins when the good team wakes up, stop playing football and run around a lot to stop them playing.

Step three: after 60 mins you are totally done in. So flat back 10 time, throw bodies in front of everything, get really lucky and hold on.

Fail at any one of these things and you lose.
Wire managed all three. Stuffy buggers. I love it!! :D

WireMan

Bench
Conference opposition for Round 2, at Gateshead...

Yeah.

At first I thought dammit they are better than us, then I remembered every team in the comp are better than us!!! :D

Still, they are worse than Exeter and only a division above ferriby and Colwyn bay who we beat in previous rounds. They are only 80 places above us so all good.

Hopefully we will be able to bring them back to our place. But we will see.

I reckon Hartlepool vs Blythe Spartans on the BBC this round.

Jimbo

Immortal
Yeah.

At first I thought dammit they are better than us, then I remembered every team in the comp are better than us!!! :D

Still, they are worse than Exeter and only a division above ferriby and Colwyn bay who we beat in previous rounds. They are only 80 places above us so all good.

Anything is do-able, although I can't see them taking you lightly. Should be a cracker either way

A replay would be huge

Yeah, Blythe Spartans are on a bit of a run too

It's not often you see level 7 teams in the second round

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah.

You're a lot better person when you speak as a fan of Warrington

Jimbo

Immortal
£27,000 on offer as well, to add to the £47,425 they've already taken out of the prize fund

Very useful coin for a club like Warrington

WireMan

Bench
You're a lot better person when you speak as a fan of Warrington

No one on here supports a rival to them so its all more relaxed..

Its a nice change of pace on here... ;-)

Until the third round of course! ;-)
£27,000 on offer as well, to add to the £47,425 they've already taken out of the prize fund

Very useful coin for a club like Warrington

Very useful indeed. You also have to add in the £67,000 we got of the BBC for being on telly and extra sponsorship, and a seasons worth of fans in one game. :D

So worst case there club has a future for a few years.

I'd be looking to invest and get promoted a division or two.