What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daneel

Bench
So nrl struggles to fill stadiums for matches now but think providing half time entertainment and making matches longer will justify stadiums increasing the price. Makes no sense to me as far as I'm concerned halftime Is for going to the toilet and buying food and drink not watching delta goodrem or the like sing crap. Not to mention if the going to the footy is to expensive for families now how does more entertainment change that?

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So nrl struggles to fill stadiums for matches now but think providing half time entertainment and making matches longer will justify stadiums increasing the price. Makes no sense to me as far as I'm concerned halftime Is for going to the toilet and buying food and drink not watching delta goodrem or the like sing crap. Not to mention if the going to the footy is to expensive for families now how does more entertainment change that?

Exactly. In fact I reckon the best half-time entertainment would be to bring out some ex-players, injured or suspended players and get them to talk about the first half. The vital statistics for each team, that would be perfect. Get some kids out onto the field playing footy and then have a member giveaway. No need for external entertainment when there should be enough to keep the crowd for 10 minutes. This would be cheap and fairly easy to do rather than bringing in singers, dancers, or anyone else really. I don't know anyone that sits around me that cares for the cheerleaders, we'd rather talk about the first half and it's hard to do that when the speakers are too loud and you can barely hear yourself let alone the person next to you.

Could also bring on Steve Sharp and get him to talk about some of the positive things in place every month or so.

oldmancraigy

Coach

That is according to Rothfield!!!

He can't see the forest for the trees.
It isn't about jacking up the gate price, it is about higher TV $$, advertising breaks at quarter time generate more cash for the game. Clubs get some of this cash, and put on halftime entertainment, which make sgame day a better experience, which brings more people through the gate, which means more $$ for clubs.
More breaks also means more $ being spent at the ground (beer run?)

It isnt a bad idea, 4x25 minute quarters might be a good thing. I guess quarter time would only be a few minutes.

strider

Post Whore
yeah i think alot of media people's stuff is probably based on a small bit of truth, but then they go wild with it

hindy111

Post Whore
Hayne wants too much money-Its Foran.Done deal I heard from a mate who work at fairfax

hindy111

Post Whore
He is an old guy I have coffee with-Ad a manly fan -Prior to septmeber he said he was off too souths but now reckons parra done deal.

84 Baby

Referee
Homer: Get out, who told you that?
Bart: Nelson!
Homer: Hmm, that's the kind of dirt that belongs on my web page.
Lisa: You can't post that on the internet, you don't even know if it's true!
Homer: Nelson has never steered me wrong, honey. Nelson is gold!
Bart: You know, it might have been Jimbo..
Homer: Beautiful, we have confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.