What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Confirmed Signings & Contract News

Bulldog Force

Referee
Former Melbourne & QLD forward Antonio Kaufusi:

1622178_979982485351715_7776528997761295264_n.jpg

MarkC

Juniors
With the Kaufusi signing it is probably more as additional forward depth, he would be doing well to force his way into the Dogs NRL side, so may start the year in NSW cup.

With Pat O'Hanlon likely to be out for a while, I view him as covering Pat's spot.

Some may say the Dogs have too many forwards, but we just about ran out of forwards at the back end of last year.

If anything there was a lack of class and experience in our NSW cup side last year, you hope you are not going to need most of those guys in the NRL, but you can never tell.

Equally, given a chance some players can surprise, I expect 1 or 2 surprises this year, Kaufusi will probably not be one of them, but you never know.

McNulty

Juniors
Finucane would have had access to long serving player salary cap concession this season. What would that have been worth?

ek999

First Grade
Wow....I didnt know that! No excuse then.....we should have kept him!

Unless we are using that long service allowance on other players - Reynolds, Morris would be eligible and possibly Kasiano and Jackson. As long as we are using that full amount available to keep those players there is really nothing we can do about it and Finucane's time with the club is irrelevant

Bulldog Force

Referee
Cheer up mate. Considering that he would never start if we are at full strength, and that he wanted $450,000 a season...

Bulldog Force

Referee
Gee's you can tell they're only babies - look at their faces lol. Good to have another back rower coming in seeing as Frank Pritchard is on his way out... however they'll have a lot of work to do to crack onto our bench.

MarkC

Juniors
I think it is partially re-balancing the squad with the move to reduced interchanges.
Smaller, more mobile, high work rate, back rowers are back in fashion.
There is less of a role for big guys like Pritchard, T-Rex and Eastwood.

If they keep reducing the interchange I can see the lock role reverting to be more like a traditional lock from the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's.

That will also mean props can more impact as there a fewer big bodies on the field.

In some ways footy will be more like how many of us remember it.

This is a good think for footy and for the Dogs, we need to get back to our traditional team balance.

Packy

Bench
Without taking the piss, I have literally never heard of him!

Really? Like.. really? I understand why other clubs fans wouldn't but he has been in the system through 20's, hyped up quite a bit and played enough NSW Cup that you must live under a rock to not at least know his name.

Bulldog Force

Referee
In being fair, my interest in the game has taken a huge nose-dive due to the softness. This year, I purely turn on the tv right as the game begins, none of this pre-gamme previews or post-game reviews or any of that stuff. I don't even go to the Bulldogs website anymore nor do I load the app on my iPad. I simply watch the game and that's it.