What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014/15 Cricket Season

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
408, Phillip Hughes watching over the boys

Haze = the next big thing

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Smithy still hasn't been dismissed by the Indians so far this series.

strider

Post Whore
the indians are imploding

since when do we check EVERY SINGLE dismissal to see if it was a front foot no ball? ... ffs - we won't do DRS but we'll go to the video to check every millimetre of a bowlers front foot

Gordy

Juniors
the indians are imploding

since when do we check EVERY SINGLE dismissal to see if it was a front foot no ball? ... ffs - we won't do DRS but we'll go to the video to check every millimetre of a bowlers front foot

That's a great point Strides. If they don't want the DRS they shouldn't review no balls either.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They have been whinging like hell about the practise wickets as well.

Sooks

Delboy

First Grade
How the friggin hell does Watson play Test cricket, I don't watch anywhere near as much as previously, but. He sucks

He spends more time combing his hair than he does at the crease, what a complete waste of space

The Luke Kelly of Australiam cricket

guruminga

Juniors
He was great a couple of years back before he got injured and they said he'd probably never bowl again. Around that time I seem to remember games where he was the only form bastman and bowler.

But yes, he's not up to it these days really.

G

How the friggin hell does Watson play Test cricket, I don't watch anywhere near as much as previously, but. He sucks

He spends more time combing his hair than he does at the crease, what a complete waste of space

The Luke Kelly of Australiam cricket

What has saved Watson is the fact that, when able to, he is a Test-class bowler (probably more so at his forceed slower speed). He's far more than a change bowler, and gets top order Test batsmen out (and can also be very hard to get away when he bowls stump to stump). He gives options at different stages of the game (e.g. when the ball starts to reverse swing). He's no Jacques Kallis, but averaging 35 with the bat and 32 with the ball are fair stats for a Test allrounder....but not for one who is batting at #3. And of course, we don't have a young batsman scoring 1000 runs a season in Shield cricket at the moment.

I like Watson. But not at three. As you suggest, that's the reason he cops a lot of stick. And we don't seem to have batsmen knocking out 1000 runs per year in Sheffield Shield like we did 10 or 15 years ago. He should've been placed at six years ago but he looks so promising and batting has been very thin in recent years.