What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players most overrated by their own fans

Maroon4life

Juniors
Raiders - Croker
Bulldogs - Reynolds
Sharks- Barba
Titans - who cares
Manly - Buhrer
Storm - Slater
Knights - who cares
Cowboys - aussie Jim
Eels - Hayne
Panthers - Soward
Rabbitohs - Sutton
St George - Dugan
Roosters - Pearce
Warriors - Manu
Tigers - who cares

Stranga

Juniors
Your kidding, bagging brett stewart he has won 2 comps is the reason most times if manly win or lose. Hunt better i think i vomitted in my mouth.
Did you get let on the computer by the funny farm does your family get a rebate when you go to work ? Honestly you have no idea. You should have been sprayed on the sheets.

Not sure if able to read.

I didn't bag Stewart. He's a great club footballer, and I watch as many Manly games as possible, mainly to watch the brilliant football him and Lyon produce.

Also, you're much more likely to convince me or anybody else that Stewart was/is a better player at rep level with some statistics, or information rather than carrying on like a child.

In saying that, there is absolutely nothing you can say that leads to the fact that Stewart has had more of an impact at SOO/test level than Hunt, because he simply hasn't.

typicalfan

Coach
Not sure if able to read.

I didn't bag Stewart. He's a great club footballer, and I watch as many Manly games as possible, mainly to watch the brilliant football him and Lyon produce.

Also, you're much more likely to convince me or anybody else that Stewart was/is a better player at rep level with some statistics, or information rather than carrying on like a child.

In saying that, there is absolutely nothing you can say that leads to the fact that Stewart has had more of an impact at SOO/test level than Hunt, because he simply hasn't.

Stewart > Hunt.

Hunt had more opportunities at rep level. Doesn't make him better. Stewart rivalled Slater at his peak in 2008. Hunt was never really the best fullback.

Broncos - Thaiday. Useless since Lockyer left, I swear he's been effective 2 or 3 times since then.

Nailed it.

Some time during last season, Broncos Facebook posted an article about how Thaiday wanted to be a Bronco for life and the heading said "Sam delivers the great news fans have been wanting to hear" and I posted in the comments how it was devastating and he is a waste of cap space and I was surprised by how many people went crazy at me for saying that.

winnyason

Juniors
But how does what you say make sense your bagging out a bloke outside of Fulton and lyons is manly's greatest player. Sorry but not really again a idiot queen-slander thinking origin is the peak of powers. He is a tip i don't give a shit nor do most manly fans about this over hyped wank fest.
Some facts while you pull his stats apart, was selected for 2008 world cup pulled out personal reasons. Played 9 origins should have been more but for continuing to pick hayne what did it take 8 series with him. As for his country has pulled out of 2011 as well.
Sorry but hunt please mate hunt is a joke a pathetic player another code hopping toss thinking he is above all. Why does he beat stewart the head step?
I can tell you from plenty of conversations stewart would have played around 8 or 9 tests if he wanted to make himself available overrated.....while ever ceo and fans of the eels, dogs, warriors pulls there old fella over dce and foran. Stewart has been the main reason for success over the last decade he is a game breaker.
Sorry but he is in the same boat as lyon and from what i hear is over rep footy. Ask any dogs fan who they wanted to come end of this season it was b stewart.

Last edited:

Merdy33

Juniors
We didn't see the best of Stewart after the two lost seasons due to his knee injuries. He's a better all round footballer than Slater who relies solely on speed. Stewart is better defensively, as a ball player and when he chooses to, a kicker.
I won't compare him to Hayne though, Hayne's a freak.
I digress though. For Manly, it's Jack Littlejohn. One or two OK games and a 40/20 and he's the ready made replacement for Foran if he leaves.
Speaking of Foran, dare I say he needs to do a bit more than he has to live up to the label of "best young player in the game " that Sterling gave him a few years ago. He certainly didn't step up when we needed him late last year.
Lastly, Hiku. Some wanted him to replace Stewart now. He has never been, is not now, and will never be in Stewart's class.

Stranga

Juniors
But how does what you say make sense your bagging out a bloke outside of Fulton and lyons is manly's greatest player. Sorry but not really again a idiot queen-slander thinking origin is the peak of powers. He is a tip i don't give a shit nor do most manly fans about this over hyped wank fest.
Some facts while you pull his stats apart, was selected for 2008 world cup pulled out personal reasons. Played 9 origins should have been more but for continuing to pick hayne what did it take 8 series with him. As for his country has pulled out of 2011 as well.
Sorry but hunt please mate hunt is a joke a pathetic player another code hopping toss thinking he is above all. Why does he beat stewart the head step?
I can tell you from plenty of conversations stewart would have played around 8 or 9 tests if he wanted to make himself available overrated.....while ever ceo and fans of the eels, dogs, warriors pulls there old fella over dce and foran. Stewart has been the main reason for success over the last decade he is a game breaker.
Sorry but he is in the same boat as lyon and from what i hear is over rep footy. Ask any dogs fan who they wanted to come end of this season it was b stewart.

:lol: You're a classic.

blaza88z

Coach
We didn't see the best of Stewart after the two lost seasons due to his knee injuries. He's a better all round footballer than Slater who relies solely on speed. Stewart is better defensively, as a ball player and when he chooses to, a kicker.
I won't compare him to Hayne though, Hayne's a freak.
I digress though. For Manly, it's Jack Littlejohn. One or two OK games and a 40/20 and he's the ready made replacement for Foran if he leaves.
Speaking of Foran, dare I say he needs to do a bit more than he has to live up to the label of "best young player in the game " that Sterling gave him a few years ago. He certainly didn't step up when we needed him late last year.
Lastly, Hiku. Some wanted him to replace Stewart now. He has never been, is not now, and will never be in Stewart's class.

i'll have what he's having, thanks

thorson1987

Coach
Not sure how the most underrated player in the game is overrated. I'll have some of what you're smoking.

Did you not see the premise of the thread. It's players that are completely overrated by the fans of the club they play for.

Croker fits the bill perfectly for the raiders.

Nevan_

First Grade
Croker would be a tidy player if he fixed his defensive issues. Which he may do.

Nightingale is easily the Dragons best player.

carcharias

Immortal
Raiders - Croker
Bulldogs - Reynolds
Sharks- Barba
Titans - who cares
Manly - Buhrer
Storm - Slater
Knights - who cares
Cowboys - aussie Jim
Eels - Hayne
Panthers - Soward
Rabbitohs - Sutton
St George - Dugan
Roosters - Pearce
Warriors - Manu
Tigers - who cares

At least give barba a chance to play even 1 second of even a trial game for us before we can be accused of over rating him.
Sheeze!

Rabbits= burgess x 5

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Manu is exactly the wrong answer in a Warriors sense.

For a start, half our fans think he's a liability.

Secondly, he's overrated in the eyes of other clubs' fans largely because of ignorance. They've hardly watched much of him since the dark night at Parra in 07. Manu was our second best, if not our best in 2014 and was absolutely epic in the Four Nations triumph.

If anyone, at the moment it's Shaun Johnson. I absolutely love the bloke but he's not consistent enough to be considered as amazing as I think he is.

Latest posts