What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco

Bench
Mates yeah good call natheel
Watmough - played his best footy look forward to 2 penalties a game, drop balls, force passes and running across field.
Darcy lussick - his claim to fame is the battle of brookvale....causing the blue. Rubbish player.
Hopoate - yeah playing nothng like he did with manly following trend of jordan rapana, lagi satu of players returning....nothing like they did before.
Arthur - his claim to fame being the worlds best assistant.
Going to battle without hayne lets see how good your coach is without him.

The key teams tend to forget is buying manlys culture......is the fullback he is the reason why manly wins or loses games.

As a fellow Manly fan i would like to add;

Foran is an absolute superstar, he won our player of the year award last year despite have a poor final 5 rounds, to say he doesn't have try assists and line break assists is laughable.......If he leaves i will be devastated (in a football fan sense) as i see him as our future captain.

That said it will be tough to retain both he and DCE and if he does leave the world will not end, we can chase someone like Siezer and put the extra money towards someone like Merrin.

Watmough was our best forward last year and will offer plenty to Parramatta. I do think he is on the downward slope though and would be worried about season 3 of his contract. He is also a big personality which is great when he is positive but can be detrimental if he is in a negative space

Hopoate had the world at his feet when he left Manly and i for one doubted if he would ever make it back to that level. I think last year he did all that he could to prove that he will. Those expecting him to dominate from round 1 are idiots, he was always going to take time. Could have a huge year at fullback

I was always a big Lussick fan..........to be honest i think he would be a bit further on in his career by now, i still think he can push on and would take him back at the right price but by now i was thinking he would be parras dominate prop and a fringe rep player. Instead he looks like being a good first grade prop

Gower is a solid journeyman, nothing more

Kiwi

First Grade
As a fellow Manly fan i would like to add;

Foran is an absolute superstar, he won our player of the year award last year despite have a poor final 5 rounds, to say he doesn't have try assists and line break assists is laughable.......If he leaves i will be devastated (in a football fan sense) as i see him as our future captain.

That said it will be tough to retain both he and DCE and if he does leave the world will not end, we can chase someone like Siezer and put the extra money towards someone like Merrin.

Watmough was our best forward last year and will offer plenty to Parramatta. I do think he is on the downward slope though and would be worried about season 3 of his contract. He is also a big personality which is great when he is positive but can be detrimental if he is in a negative space

Hopoate had the world at his feet when he left Manly and i for one doubted if he would ever make it back to that level. I think last year he did all that he could to prove that he will. Those expecting him to dominate from round 1 are idiots, he was always going to take time. Could have a huge year at fullback

I was always a big Lussick fan..........to be honest i think he would be a bit further on in his career by now, i still think he can push on and would take him back at the right price but by now i was thinking he would be parras dominate prop and a fringe rep player. Instead he looks like being a good first grade prop

Gower is a solid journeyman, nothing more
Pretty good read. If Manly retain both DCE and Foran on big dollars do you think they'll have the spare cash to be reasonably active in the open market to strengthen other areas? I know it's looking more and more likely Foran will be leaving, but the same could be said plenty of times for players only for them to stay.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Pretty good read. If Manly retain both DCE and Foran on big dollars do you think they'll have the spare cash to be reasonably active in the open market to strengthen other areas? I know it's looking more and more likely Foran will be leaving, but the same could be said plenty of times for players only for them to stay.

Actually heard today the Parra deal is looking shaky. Time will tell.

If they both re-sign it'll be a case of juniors stepping up. Front row is the only real concern.

Disco

Bench
Its hard to say, in this age of back-ended and front-loaded deals, marquee allowances, third party contracts etc etc

I do think, we have lost Stewart, King and Watmough i also think, as much as i love him, that Matai will go which is probably best for himself and the club and of course Wolfman will also go

That said there would be upgrades for DCE, Foran and Gutherson

Don't ask me why, but i think we are leaving a little up our sleeve for a marquee forward..........not in the 600k+ region but someone around 400k

Pure speculation though

The Pip

Juniors

If they both re-sign it'll be a case of juniors stepping up. Front row is the only real concern.

Heard the same about the Parra deal - I think he will resign with Manly, but the Dogs may pull out a massive late offer.

shiznit

Coach
Its hard to say, in this age of back-ended and front-loaded deals, marquee allowances, third party contracts etc etc

I do think, we have lost Stewart, King and Watmough i also think, as much as i love him, that Matai will go which is probably best for himself and the club and of course Wolfman will also go

That said there would be upgrades for DCE, Foran and Gutherson

Don't ask me why, but i think we are leaving a little up our sleeve for a marquee forward..........not in the 600k+ region but someone around 400k

Pure speculation though
Manly have had a remarkable run with the playing group they have had... In the salary cap era it was always going to be hard for them to keep them all happy.

That's just the nature of HR in a highly competitive environment...

shiznit

Coach
Heard the same about the Parra deal - I think he will resign with Manly, but the Dogs may pull out a massive late offer.
:lol:

You also came out and told everyone that your 'sources' said he was going to announce he was resigning with Manly back in December...

And it turned out he was promoting the nines jersey... :lol:

The Pip

Juniors

You also came out and told everyone that your 'sources' said he was going to announce he was resigning with Manly back in December...

Maybe he got a better offer and just changed his mind, it happens in business.

Luke Burgess to Manly for this year.

Kiwi

First Grade

I don't mind Manly's Front Row. Lawrence is very under rated IMHO and I'd have him in Bronco colours in a heart beat, Trbojevic looks very promising, Mason will certainly be good for him till he has more experience, and Starling goes alright. Not the best but certainly nowhere near the worst. I think at worst they may need to look for another big man to replace Mason when he retires if no one else steps up.

nrlnrl

First Grade

I'm hearing my sources are saying there's speculation about the speculation.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I don't mind Manly's Front Row. Lawrence is very under rated IMHO and I'd have him in Bronco colours in a heart beat, Trbojevic looks very promising, Mason will certainly be good for him till he has more experience, and Starling goes alright. Not the best but certainly nowhere near the worst. I think at worst they may need to look for another big man to replace Mason when he retires if no one else steps up.

Lawrence is great no argument there. Trbojevic will come on this year but first year front rower should not expected to really play anymore than a dozen. Starling tries hard but just aint top shelf.

Guess I was referring to getting a big body to replace Mason and start ahead of Starling.

Kiwi

First Grade
Lawrence is great no argument there. Trbojevic will come on this year but first year front rower should not expected to really play anymore than a dozen. Starling tries hard but just aint top shelf.

Guess I was referring to getting a big body to replace Mason and start ahead of Starling.
I think Manly no longer has a front row problem thanks to Burgess.

natheel

Coach

Stranga

Juniors
Don't worry boys, Sam Burgess was only being paid 262k per season, it's all good.

Oh wait he's left, he was on like a mil at least. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts