What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU penrith Panthers all time 17 - Votes for Five Eighth

Best 5/8th

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soc123_au

Staff member
I have included Chris Mortimer as he played a few games in the 6, but more so because he didnt feature in discussions for centre. What he bought to the club deserves a mention.

Blade23

Juniors
Here we go again lets all vote for guy who only played 20 games for the club but some think he was our best five eight. Where anyboby who ever saw Fittler in his time at Penrith would know his best years were at centre.

Last edited:

Nugget10

Juniors
Preston Campbell

Best attacking 6 we ever had. Wasn't the best defender but put his heart into everything. I loved the little bloke

Nugget10

Juniors
So Fittler is coming 2nd in the Centre poll. Since he's voted in as centre he can't be the 5/8 as well

soc123_au

Staff member
So Fittler is coming 2nd in the Centre poll. Since he's voted in as centre he can't be the 5/8 as well

If he wins 5/8th or lock for that matter, there will be another poll to decide his position. Whatever positions are then left vacant will go to the next highest in that spot. The same will apply for any other players that may win multiple spots eg Gower in the 7 & 9.

TheFrog

Coach
Steve Carter is my vote, surprised he is so unloved. Preston Campbell honourable mention. Chris Mortimer was outstanding for us (at centre and lock as well) but only played 59 games.

The Teach

Juniors
Scarter got my vote. Played 242 games, the majority if not all of them at five-eighth. Absolutely shocked at the lack of love for the little terrier.

soc123_au

Staff member
I dont think any Panthers supporter would lack love for Scarter. Just Freddy & Preston were more skillful players. If the votes were based purely on heart things would even up a bit more.

Frankus

Juniors
Steve Carter is my vote, surprised he is so unloved. Preston Campbell honourable mention. Chris Mortimer was outstanding for us (at centre and lock as well) but only played 59 games.

I agree on Carter. Best sledger to ever lace a boot. I have fond memories of him baiting Wendell Sailor on numerous occasions.

franklin2323

Immortal
I dont think any Panthers supporter would lack love for Scarter. Just Freddy & Preston were more skillful players. If the votes were based purely on heart things would even up a bit more.

Yep if you if I want players playing for my life Scarter is my 1st choice.... So much heart but lacked some skill of others

Pomoz

Bench
Scarter would run in front of a big prop and take them on, he had a huge ticker. But he couldn't pass the salt let alone pass to a player in a gap with a cut out pass.

franklin2323

Immortal
Scarter would run in front of a big prop and take them on, he had a huge ticker. But he couldn't pass the salt let alone pass to a player in a gap with a cut out pass.

That's how I remember him aswell. Every team needs those sort of players but the best of all time imo should be the most skillful sadly ruling him out.

Latest posts