What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2015

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n-nrl-footy-show/story-fni3fh9n-1227195801500

What’s the Buzz: Michael Slater quits but Fatty’s back for 22nd year on NRL Footy Show

The Daily Telegraph
January 25, 2015 12:00AM

MICHAEL Slater has quit as co-host of Channel Nine’s Footy Show because of fears of burnout.

The daily 4am starts on Sky Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast combined with cricket commentary and Wide World of Sports hosting duties is too much for Slater when combined with the Footy Show.

Slater has sat alongside Fatty Vautin on the Footy Show for the last three years. In that time, under executive producer Glenn Pallister, the show’s ratings have increased by 25 per cent and attracted far more female viewers.

Slater’s personality has balanced the madness Vautin, Beau Ryann and Darryl Brohman bring to the show.

“We now sit with an average 45 per cent of our audience being females,” Pallister said.

“My aim is to go 50/50 and to attract more kids. Slats is a terrific bloke who will always be a part of The Footy Show family.

“We owe him a huge thanks for his work here over the last three seasons.”

Slater recently signed a new three-year contract at Nine to coincide with the network’s cricket TV contract.

“I have loved my three years on the Footy Show, but cricket has always been my top priority and with so much on our schedule this year, I just can’t give the Footy Show the commitment it requires,” Slater said.

Meanwhile, Vautin continues to break longevity records as a prime-time television host.

This will be his 22nd year as host of the show and 25th year in television.

Someone

Bench
he was a pedestrian anyway. Hire Girdler as the second host or promote Molan to the role, if they really want to attract female viewers.

about time he left the show. He was unnecessary!!

But quit because of burnout? He only works on Thursday nights for a few hours for the Footy Show, and every couple of weeks on a Sunday morning for the Wide World of Sports. That's it, I think!!!

Tigers1986

Juniors
Woohoo! Good riddance. What a copout excuse though, burnout. 2 hours a week equates to burnout? Lol.

They should give the co-host role to Yvonne Sampson - she's mega cute, has a great RL knowledge, and could bring in the female audience more.

TonyT6

Bench
Woohoo! Good riddance. What a copout excuse though, burnout. 2 hours a week equates to burnout? Lol.

They should give the co-host role to Yvonne Sampson - she's mega cute, has a great RL knowledge, and could bring in the female audience more.

Agree he is a total plank who brought nothing to the table.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Slater does breakfast radio 5.30 - 9am five days per work.

The footy show is shite and will remain so.

taipan

Referee
Had to laugh at the "Slater's personality". comment. If ever there was someone with a lack of personality and charisma ,he would be one leading the pack of drones.

hutch

First Grade
If only fatty would leave for incompetentness! Might actually watch it then!

The Gambler

Juniors
I don't think it is much of a secret Slater didn't really enjoy being on the show - only reason he continued for so long is because 9 wanted him on so he could earn the money he was being paid.

AJB1102

First Grade
I don't catch TFS too often but when I do in 2015 I won't miss Slats.

At least I hope I won't. Christ only knows what dickhead replacement they've got lined up.

Worst case scenario would be a regular spot for the Fifita brothers... they should never be allowed on Television again. Even during NRL games their heads should be pixelated.

I would have preferred he quit the Big Sports Breakfast. Haven't watched TFS in years and would have liked not having to hear his nasal droning every morning.

Mr Saab

Referee
Agreed Charlatan.

Prefer Jimmy Smith as host...well rounded knowledge and is a good host. Slater knows one sport and one sport only - Cricket.

I dont listen that much anymore to BSB over summer and struggle when league starts due to his lack of knowledge

Sick of listening to the merkin wank over Manly and Liverpool as well.

"Awwww TK, how good were Manly on the weekend..."