What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Richardson

deal.with.it

Juniors
So the former Souths CEO has taken on a new role with the NRL.

From my reading his main strategy is to drive growth internationally.

No surprise, particularly with his push for the world club series and his support of Czech Rugby League.

Could this be a turning point for the NRL? The right man in the right role within the NRL to get things moving?

Bronco Rob

Juniors
I hope so DWI, there's been a few opinions to the contrary but let's hope Shane pushes the International schema as it doesn't take much business nous to realise that a strong International game will in turn strengthen the NRL and increase its chance for exposure to multinational sponsorship.

Big Sam

First Grade
right....what richardson needs to do is basically lead the APRLC...thats it,simple as that..

I think he's gunning for that role.

Look at how he transformed us with $10m investment and then imagine what he could do with $200m in TV money each year.

gyallop

Juniors
what difference would it make if he ran the APRLC?

I think Michael Maguire may have played a much bigger part than Richo...he didnt exactly set the english clubs he was at on fire...if he was so vital to Souths why did Rusty let him go?

deluded pom?

Coach
what difference would it make if he ran the APRLC?

I think Michael Maguire may have played a much bigger part than Richo...he didnt exactly set the english clubs he was at on fire...if he was so vital to Souths why did Rusty let him go?

He took a brand new club to a respectable position in the league with less money than the rest of their opponents. He presided over the 'merger' with Hull FC who were staring at extinction. Yeah, the bloke's a dead set muppet.

langpark

First Grade
Was it not he also who planted the seed in the North-East of England? The game seems to be doing pretty well up there now.