What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Trials Live Stream

hindy111

Post Whore
AS i said-Watmough played ok. Was he a standout? No, But it was a trial and he wasnt going that hard.Not sure what everyone is getting upset about, thats just the way i saw it.
The pick of the second rowers for me was Seph.

The Colonel

Immortal
From all accounts Watmough did the job he was brought to the club to do. Not bad for his first game at the club and his first of the off season. Happy with the result. Good to see some of the probable main players showing they will be that exactly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Beeing completely unbiased i thought Penrith where the better team in attack .More polished TBH.

A lot of our tries where scrappy and lucky-The bounce of the ball went our way on 3 tries .

Our defense thou was a lot more commited to theres.They looked a little lazy.

Im actually a little dirty on Phil Gould at the moment......
Our forwards smashed theirs IMO, add in the the Kelly factor and i thought we went really well. It was only a trial but their were plenty of positives.

caylo

Bench
AS i said-Watmough played ok. Was he a standout? No, But it was a trial and he wasnt going that hard.Not sure what everyone is getting upset about, thats just the way i saw it.

I thoughtthe starring bbackrowers and gower were better and sef was his typical crab across feild and offload the ball. He didn't create any chances or space for anyone Md definitely had no power game. Opinions i guess.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think our attack will become more fluent when we have our #1 half on the field, much like Penrith did today. Hopefully with Takairangi on the field too our LHS defence becomes more of a unit making decisions than individuals leaving individuals out to dry.

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought our attack came to life when seph came on...

Anyhows Tepai doesnt look out of place starting.

T.S Quint

Coach

Moeroa was much better than Sef.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I thought our attack came to life when seph came on...

Anyhows Tepai doesnt look out of place starting.

Our attack improved immensely the moment Peats came on and particularly in the 2nd half when Kelly was off and Morgs was sent to the sin bin.

Not taking the bait you offer with Seph who was average at best. :lol:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
From all accounts Watmough did the job he was brought to the club to do. Not bad for his first game at the club and his first of the off season. Happy with the result. Good to see some of the probable main players showing they will be that exactly.
This
Our forwards smashed theirs IMO, add in the the Kelly factor and i thought we went really well. It was only a trial but their were plenty of positives.
This
I thoughtthe starring bbackrowers and gower were better and sef was his typical crab across feild and offload the ball. He didn't create any chances or space for anyone Md definitely had no power game. Opinions i guess.
This

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our attack improved immensely the moment Peats came on and particularly in the 2nd half when Kelly was off and Morgs was sent to the sin bin.

Not taking the bait you offer with Seph who was average at best. :lol:
Yep, we looked much better with Peats on and Kelly to the bench. Seffa was ok but was totally out played by the other backrowers.

jono

Juniors
Tepai will be a gun this year......ably supported by M'au Jun Paulo and Pauli
Choc WILL be the best thing for these guys.
As all have said , Morgan and Kelly will be Wenty bound at best, hopefully Brad Tak will really shore up the right side.
Reece Robinson did everything asked of him....early days but very promising
And he is a silky-smooth goalkicker.
Good times ahead methinks

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
That was watmough's first game while most of the forward apart from peats have already played a trial/nines, so he was of course going to be a bit rusty. Did notice when morgan got sent for ten, he went up to the ref and had a good chat, which helped us get our line formed - we were struggling in defence at moment.

spiderdan

Bench
while I didn't get to see much of the F20cast, good job on putting it together. I hope the club approach you about working with you next pre season to provide streaming preseason games as a member service (for members or even a few $ ppv for non members).

larissa from membership, maybe something you can mention to your higher ups as a future service or enticement to help attract members.

Chipmunk

Coach
Tepai will be a gun this year......ably supported by M'au Jun Paulo and Pauli
Choc WILL be the best thing for these guys.
As all have said , Morgan and Kelly will be Wenty bound at best, hopefully Brad Tak will really shore up the right side.
Reece Robinson did everything asked of him....early days but very promising
And he is a silky-smooth goalkicker.
Good times ahead methinks

I think we will play Takairangi on the left side. The only other real option we have to start the season with at left centre is Morgan.

If we can keep him on the field, I think Beau Champion can be really good for us at right centre. To be honest the highlights of his career have been playing right centre outside Chris Sandow... I'm actually quietly confident we might get some good things out of Beau Champion this season.

Last edited: