What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy77au

Juniors
And now lets all thank the best footy brain in the business, one Richard Stuart for his Nostradamus like insight to sack Brad Arthur upon his Eeels appointment. Without this Chess Master like move from The Coach, none of this Eel resurgence would ever have occured. Well done Super Coach.

5 Year Plan? :D

oldmancraigy

Coach
We have about 20 blokes off contract. You'd hope we'll sign more players.

It would be the makings of a B grade movie if we didn't?
Just 13 blokes, playing through injury, playing for each other, and all to stick it to some oppressive owner who is trying to sell the club.
Get thrashed the first 10 round, have a pizza night at a former greats house and commit to each other. Win the last 14, sweep the playoffs.

Chipmunk

Coach
If we can add a prop then keep certain players we are in stead for the future

Agree on this one. I think we need a real enforcer type Front Rower to replace Lussick. Someone in the mold of a JWH, George Burgess or James Graham. Not neccessarily either of them, just someone of that ilk.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
What do we need a prop for? We've got Mannah, Jnr Paulo, Gower, Watmough (who's basically a prop). That's good enough as we have edge forwards that help out a lot with the work coming out of our own end. It may not be too far off that we see Pauli move into the middle either. We also have Daniel Alvaro, and Josh Aloiai who are both more than capable of playing in the middle and would be okay off the bench in first grade. We then also have Alex Twal who is playing above his years so far in the NYC.

If we re-sign Junior we're more than capable of fielding a strong middle and then slowly bringing in the younger guys off the bench.

For mine more of a concern would be the centre position. Past this year we only have Ben Crooks and Vai Toutai who are known centres and neither has played centre in the NRL so we won't know if they can start there. We also have John Folau, Fabian Goodall, and Nathan Davis coming through as centres but we don't know if they can play first grade yet. I'd be looking to go for a starting centre before I'd be looking at bringing in another prop.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Agree on this one. I think we need a real enforcer type Front Rower to replace Lussick. Someone in the mold of a JWH, George Burgess or James Graham. Not neccessarily either of them, just someone of that ilk.

So someone who's looks good from a fan's perspective in attack and lazy in defence?

Out of those 3, the only player I'd take is Graham, or someone of his "ilk"

natheel

Coach

I think Tamou would be good for our side.

the_apostle21

Juniors
It would be the makings of a B grade movie if we didn't?
Just 13 blokes, playing through injury, playing for each other, and all to stick it to some oppressive owner who is trying to sell the club.
Get thrashed the first 10 round, have a pizza night at a former greats house and commit to each other. Win the last 14, sweep the playoffs.

09 special you reckon!!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Don't worry, we got Alex Twal, he looks like he'll grow into a unit.

I have been very impressed with young Alex throughout his NYC tenure. He came into the team late last year throwing some nice offloads then he began to work more and more, often making 2 hit-ups per set. In the 2 trial games I've seen of him this year he's put on a bit more weight but still has that work ethic. He has the size to be an impact in attack but is still mobile enough so that he can keep a fast defensive line and is good laterally for a bloke in the middle. In the Penrith trial at times it looked like he was a man playing amongst boys, and for a kid who hasn't played a year of NYC yet that's a good sign for his future.

I have been very impressed with young Alex throughout his NYC tenure. He came into the team late last year throwing some nice offloads then he began to work more and more, often making 2 hit-ups per set. In the 2 trial games I've seen of him this year he's put on a bit more weight but still has that work ethic. He has the size to be an impact in attack but is still mobile enough so that he can keep a fast defensive line and is good laterally for a bloke in the middle. In the Penrith trial at times it looked like he was a man playing amongst boys, and for a kid who hasn't played a year of NYC yet that's a good sign for his future.

I've been wrong many times before, and I've only seen him 3 or 4 times, but he does seem to have quite natural footwork for a big growing bloke.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
Is Foran worth it?????

I think not. I think we are in the same situation again with hayne, putting all our eggs in the one basket. At least Hayne was a far superior player. Foran is a peg above Hodgkinson who is probably only on 400k.

One step forward, two back in my opinion.

Is Foran worth it?????

I think not. I think we are in the same situation again with hayne, putting all our eggs in the one basket. At least Hayne was a far superior player. Foran is a peg above Hodgkinson who is probably only on 400k.

One step forward, two back in my opinion.

Why don't you get drunk and start a thread about how crap he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.