What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Bench
850? DCE is being offered shitloads by manly, sharks and titians. He is not coming to Parra for unders. Either is Foran.

Also, where has it been written DCE is visiting us on Monday....Internet forums?

for what its worth foxsports said that Foran would earn over a million dollars a season once you consider endorsements and sponsors. Im not entirely sure how much of that is included in the cap, or even how the cap works for that matter.

but wouldn't that indicate we are offering him around 900k?

Noise

Coach
for what its worth foxsports said that Foran would earn over a million dollars a season once you consider endorsements and sponsors. Im not entirely sure how much of that is included in the cap, or even how the cap works for that matter.

but wouldn't that indicate we are offering him around 900k?

I was saying Foran won't come for unders. Not that he wont come.

I'd say 900k minimum. And I reckon DCE will receive even higher from whoever he ends up with.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I was saying Foran won't come for unders. Not that he wont come.

I'd say 900k minimum. And I reckon DCE will receive even higher from whoever he ends up with.

I agree with a figure around the $900k mark.
It's the 3rd party that's got me gob smacked.
Am blown away if these players can score $400k or so
in 3rd party deals that stitch them up with the Eels.
Are we now further down the road where we are now
on an equal playing field competing with the best of the
Rorters, Doggy's & white-line ponies?

whall15

Coach
Rumour is that DCE has been offered 1.2mil/season including third party with the Titans.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I used to like Peter Johnston

Loved him as a player, tough boy!!

Top bloke to, serves me subway occasionally. Think he owns a few outlets in the gong. He was surprised I recognised him and was only to happy to talk footy.

Daneel

Bench
Loved him as a player, tough boy!!

Top bloke to, serves me subway occasionally. Think he owns a few outlets in the gong. He was surprised I recognised him and was only to happy to talk footy.

Lol I reckon he'd have to be wearing headgear for me to be any chance of recognizing him

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-26/manly-not-giving-up-on-cherry-evans-foran/6267394

Manly Sea Eagles pushing to keep Daly Cherry Evans and Kieran Foran, says chief executive Joe Kelly

Posted February 26, 2015 21:10:23

New Manly boss Joe Kelly has declared the NRL club will continue to do all it can to secure the signatures of off contract playmakers Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran.

At the Sea Eagles season launch on Thursday night, Kelly dismissed reports that Foran had already committed to a four-year, multi-million dollar deal with Parramatta.

Cherry-Evans has been linked to a number of suitors including the Eels and big money offers from Cronulla and Gold Coast.

But Kelly said the race to sign the representative duo was not over yet.

"We are still in the fight and we won't give up," Kelly said.

"Kieran and his management team have given me assurances that he hasn't signed anywhere else and we believe he is a man of his word.

"I'm sure decisions will be made shortly and we are still very much in negotiations with both Kieran and Daly."

Coach Geoff Toovey remains confident the representative duo will stay at Brookvale and pointed to Manly's retention of in-demand centre Steve Matai as proof players want to stay at the club.

Kieran and his management team have given me assurances that he hasn't signed anywhere else and we believe he is a man of his word.

"I am very positive that they will stay at the club, it would be great for the club and it would be in the best interests of the two players as well," Toovey said.

"I think their football is best suited to our style of play and each other."

Both Cherry-Evans and Foran are expected to make an announcement on their playing futures beyond this season before the NRL premiership kicks off next week.

The NRL took over administration of the Gold Coast on Wednesday, and a number of clubs are privately seething that the governing body's support of the Titans, could ensure they snare Queensland and Australian playmaker Cherry-Evans.

At the season launch earlier on Thursday chief executive Dave Smith was adamant the NRL would not be helping the Titans recruit players.

"I haven't had any conversations (with Cherry-Evans' management)," Smith said.

"We were able to make that official announcement yesterday to step in and bring in the receivers.

"The players that they ultimately end up with, that's a matter for the Titans club.

"We don't get involved in recruitment.

"So what that means is DCE feels free to make whatever decision he wants that is best for him and best for his life and best for the game."

I agree with a figure around the $900k mark.
It's the 3rd party that's got me gob smacked.
Am blown away if these players can score $400k or so
in 3rd party deals that stitch them up with the Eels.
Are we now further down the road where we are now
on an equal playing field competing with the best of the
Rorters, Doggy's & white-line ponies?

i'm no expert but wouldn't all jarryd's 3rd party deals be null & void now he's not playing in the nrl
maybe some of them would take on foran

spiderdan

Bench
a top line player that has the ability to influence a game as much as foran (and players like hayne, smith, thurston, Evans, and a few others) isn't really taking up that much cap space if their share is no more than $1m, especially considering annual cap increases. next year I think the cap goes to $7m. you can easily fit a decent roster of another 24 players under $6m. from memory it was reported that knights back in the day had half their cap tied up in johns and buderus, and still had some quality around them. 1/7 of the cap (even 2/7 if we had another top liner in there) doesn't seem so much.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
a top line player that has the ability to influence a game as much as foran (and players like hayne, smith, thurston, Evans, and a few others) isn't really taking up that much cap space if their share is no more than $1m, especially considering annual cap increases. next year I think the cap goes to $7m. you can easily fit a decent roster of another 24 players under $6m. from memory it was reported that knights back in the day had half their cap tied up in johns and buderus, and still had some quality around them. 1/7 of the cap (even 2/7 if we had another top liner in there) doesn't seem so much.

That's been my way of thinking over the past 24 hrs or so.

The key is mostly in the 3rd party deals.

If these type of big 3rd party deals are actually happening I can't see why we don't end up with
DCE, KF on the cap for around $1.7m,
Israel Folou for around $700k + David Smith's back pocket + huge 3rd party deals
= $2.4m out of our $7mill cap
leaving us with $4.6m to mop up all other players.
Considering we have 15 or so contracts ending this season and lots of good juniors coming through this kind of cap scenario is realistic and achievable.

And even if we don't get DCE, KF, IF, we are still in a fantastic position to get some quality players including keeping promising juniors that may have slipped the net because of the big $$$$ tied up in these three players.

Last edited:
IMO Foran is far from a done deal. And he's over priced as well. Today's article was his agent feeding the media. He'll be staying at manly IMO.

spiderdan

Bench
That's been my way of thinking over the past 24 hrs or so.

The key is mostly in the 3rd party deals.

If these type of big 3rd party deals are actually happening I can't see why we don't end up with
DCE, KF on the cap for around $1.7m,
Israel Folou for around $700k + David Smith's back pocket + huge 3rd party deals
= $2.4m out of our $7mill cap
leaving us with $4.6m to mop up all other players.
Considering we have 15 or so contracts ending this season and lots of good juniors coming through this kind of cap scenario is realistic and achievable.

And even if we don't get DCE, KF, IF, we are still in a fantastic position to get some quality players including keeping promising juniors that may have slipped the net because of the big $$$$ tied up in these three players.
my way of thinking is that clubs suss out how much they can find for a player through third party (without officially being the ones finding the third party deals) then the payment that fits under the cap is sorted after that to come up with the total. the tricky part of the negotiation comes where players and their managers decide how much they're willing to accept as third party so they don't get shafted like gasnier did years ago.

I think in theory you're right, Casper, that it could be done.

spiderdan

Bench
IMO Foran is far from a done deal. And he's over priced as well. Today's article was his agent feeding the media. He'll be staying at manly IMO.
understandable why you wouldn't be getting excited, jake. it wouldn't be the first time media floated a duece for fans to be let down.

for an is just a slightly bigger version of Maloney without fear. He made his name by charging recklessly into the defence and ending up arse over tit. He cemented it by being part of a winning team. No outstanding physical traits and well over-priced atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts