What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forward packs win comps. Ours is getting better, but is still a way off. Problem is that its the year of the half on the open market.

yy_cheng

Coach
Over on the silvertails forum, someone said they saw Sandow looking for places up in the northern beaches

Maybe

6. Maloney
7. Sandow

?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I don't think we will win a grand final with NORMAN and SANDOW as our halves. FORAN may be over priced but I think people are having a massive lend of themselves if they say we don't need him.

Listen mate, you've got an attitude problem.

You are clearly showing signs of repressed rage - Anger management is for you brother. ;-)

But look, don't be too concerned though, the new $100 million entertainment precinct will have a pool of experienced head shrinks available for deeply suffering, injured Eels fans like you.

There is an Eels God looking over all of us after all.

And there will be punching bags available every 10 feet along all the glorious pathways of the $100 million precinct.

After the glorious 2020 surveys are completed the clincher that won our club the number one sporting franchise on the land of Oz were the 50,000 Eels fans beings recognised as the least stressed of all Australians.

Parra47

Juniors
Casper your a strange fellow, each to their own. Watch us win a grand final with NORMAN and SANDOW as out halves hahahah. Ah yeah good luck with that. Dope.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Casper your a strange fellow, each to their own. Watch us win a grand final with NORMAN and SANDOW as out halves hahahah. Ah yeah good luck with that. Dope.

:lol:

Not having a go at you all brother, just having a laugh at the potential circumstances of revisiting the Papali syndrome.
No dope, don't smoke it, but yep, am crazy as.
Welcome to the psychological state of many an Eels fan mate.

Parra47

Juniors
You need quality direction, halves and a hooker with vision to win a grand final, as well as good forwards. I agree we now have some very good forwards and plenty of depth. PEATS is a great dummy half, but our halves are not up to the level you need to go all the way. SANDOW to inconsistant and not an organiser and NORMAN is not dominant and drifts in and out of games. Hope I'm proven wrong about them both this year.

Someone

Bench
This is a make or break year for Sandow. Off contract and if he performs poorly he wont be seeing another lucrative contract like the one he's on now again.

Norman has tonnes of Potential so if we miss out on Foran hopefully he has a better year injury free and shuts everyone on the forum up.

Both can improve their games drastically.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
You need quality direction, halves and a hooker with vision to win a grand final, as well as good forwards. I agree we now have some very good forwards and plenty of depth. PEATS is a great dummy half, but our halves are not up to the level you need to go all the way. SANDOW to inconsistant and not an organiser and NORMAN is not dominant and drifts in and out of games. Hope I'm proven wrong about them both this year.

Agreed, this is how I see it too BUT I think Sandow will grow another 20% this year, that we will all be wonderfully surprised at how good he has taken on the challenge of excelling as a top class 7. There is a lot of ticker and passion in Sandow, an attitude that just needs to have it all harnessed, focused and clearly directed in the structured ways of a game plan that does not limit his moment by moment spontaneity either.

I also think Norman will improve because of our forwards having a better control of the ruck thus creating more space to execute the structured game plans BA is devising for Norman and Sandow.

We really have got a much improved forward pack.

Can see our momentum to stay on the front foot improving heaps this year both in attack and defence and this alone will create the space and dynamics for Sandow and Norman to excel.

Am confident we will get in the top 8 this season. After that I have no idea. Will let you know after round 22.

spiderdan

Bench
Over on the silvertails forum, someone said they saw Sandow looking for places up in the northern beaches

Maybe

6. Maloney
7. Sandow

?
the old player x is looking at buying a house in some area rumour. love it. weren't Cameron smith and cooper cronk each looking at houses near parra a few years back?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Been an Eels man for 31 years Casper, I'm fully mental don't worry.

52 to 53 years for this MAN. Am seriously f**ked in the head now - no premierships since 86, the nightmares of Paul Cariage and the overconfidence, blackboard/whiteboard tutelage and extreme sms texting of Brian Smith, particularly around finals time, has really done me in mate. And the turnstile of coaches since the execution of Brian Smith, some who were absolute fruit loops, was icing on the cake.

Thank God I have my misses who counsels me with her swinging baseball bat. If it wasn't for her I would have ended up with the same red alert sociopathic conditions still crippling Maroubra Eel and Hollywood Jesus.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
the old player x is looking at buying a house in some area rumour. love it. weren't Cameron smith and cooper cronk each looking at houses near parra a few years back?

The real beauty of them all will be when the fantastic four (Inglis, Cronk, Slater, Smith) come together as a powerful conglomerate, backed by their many years of collecting News Limited brown paper bags, to buy our club 100%. Suggest we all invest in Big Pharma, suicide prevention clinics, funeral parlours, privatised cemeteries and crematoriums. There will be a massive on rush of dying Eels fans for ten years. Around the 5th year is when we sell our shares for maximum capital gain, just before the death statistics start to taper off. :cool:

Parra47

Juniors
Yes I rode all those wonderful memories with you Casper, the early to mid 90's where we had nothing and all those other wonderful memories you mentioned. The Grand final we should have won against Newcastle but our players were over confident. Its been a great ride. But this year will be different...... Love our Eels!

Chipmunk

Coach

Maybe

6. Maloney
7. Sandow

?

I actually think Sandow would be awesome playing on the left side at the Storm.

On looking at places on the Northern Beaches. I know where I'd be living if it was a choice between there and the Western Suburbs

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Yes I rode all those wonderful memories with you Casper, the early to mid 90's where we had nothing and all those other wonderful memories you mentioned. The Grand final we should have won against Newcastle but our players were over confident. Its been a great ride. But this year will be different...... Love our Eels!

:thumb

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Well Manly won a grand final with a rookie 7 and a number 6 in only his second full year of first grade.

It's more than three years later, both players have improved greatly and they've won nothing since.

So did they win in 2011 because they had great halves or did they win because they had decent halves on the cheap?

Parra47

Juniors
Poo Many won that grand final with extremely talented young halves. Look at them, CHERRY EVANS is a QLD player and Australian player and FORAN is the NZ five eight in a team thats beaten Australia twice in the past few years. They are a class above NORMAN and SANDOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts