What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The sign Ryan Hall Thread

forestfan

Juniors
Example of a payer we should target

Tough, No nonsense

Does the tough stuff

Finishes well

should test himself in a decent league

Reliable

Agree?

Gronk

Staff member
He looks a bit skinny mate.

http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance...ance-sports-ryan-hall-ready-marathon-comeback

end_g_runts_576x324.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you really need more than one 'marquee' winger? It's one of those positions (the other is in limited minutes middle forwards) where you can really save some cap space by filing it with a succession of young players on unders.

Chipmunk

Coach
Do you really need more than one 'marquee' winger? It's one of those positions (the other is in limited minutes middle forwards) where you can really save some cap space by filing it with a succession of young players on unders.

Who is current marquee winger? Surely Semi wouldn't be costing us that much??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who is current marquee winger? Surely Semi wouldn't be costing us that much??

That's why I said 'marquee' winger rather than marquee winger. Marquee players don't play on the wing - they're wasted at centre as well.

But Radradra would certainly be among the better paid wingers in the NRL. Rumour was that he's on $250k, which seems about right to me. Most wingers would be on less than half that.

T.S Quint

Coach
I'd say when it comes to 'marquee' wingers there would be Akuila Uate, Josh Mansour and Brett Morris (before this year).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah. And Manu Vatuvei. There's not many of them, that's for sure. Maybe Daniel Tupou by the end of his current contract.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're kidding. He's only 27 and still awesome. He's just got some mistakes in him (which is why he's still on the wing).

Parra Pride

Coach
Ryan Hall would be awesome, easily one of the best wingers in the game right now. Hard to see him ever leaving Leeds though.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sure it does.

And besides, Uate is still a top class winger. You're making out like he's just some plodder out there.

He is just a winger. I don't think he is a plodder. He had a good game tonight but is still worth a few bad games. I think the Knights have options as good as if not better in the lower grades who can do the same job for a lot cheaper than Uate.

Wingers shouldn't be taking up big dollars in your cap.

Latest posts