What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we keep Sandow?

caylo

Bench
What about 7. Norman and 6. Foran, with 14. Sandow? Get rid of Seffa.

Sandow is not a 14 week to week, way to expensive for that. He is either starting 7 or not in the 17 for me. Sandow will also not accept a squad player salary, he would want more coin then that so its either norman or sandow. Norman less risk but sandow has potential for higher reward so it depends on what you prefer.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I like the way Norman has been able to take control of a game when the dominant half has been off the field. He did well against the Panthers in the trials and on Friday night I thought we played much better with Sandow off the field.

I have absolutely no problems with a Foran/Norman halves pairing. Who plays in the #7 will be Foran because in the 4Nations of 2011 he played in the #7 so he's used to being the halfback.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I hope that Quinlan develops and gets his opportunity at the fullback spot. No doubt that Hopoate is not a great fullback and is better suited to the centres but what do you do with Norman?

I don't have the solution but I am not convinced with him at fullback. Maybe Sandow and Norman swap during the game and play fullback/half.

Incorrect

Coach
While ever Hoppa is at the club, I think he should be fullback, unless of course Hayne was returning in 2016. Bottom line is I couldn't have Norman at fullback ahead of Hoppa. As has been mentioned, Norman is slower than Hoppa and I don't think he has either the strength of speed to turn a half chance in to a try the way Hayne, Stewart, and even Hoppa can.

I am of the feeling though that a decision between Hoppa and Norman for fullback is one that will not need to be made for 2016. I have a feeling that one of them will not be at the club next year. Not based on any info, just a feeling I have. I would hate to see Hoppa finally given a crack at fullback for a full season, only to have to go back to the centres to play Norman at fullback in 2016.

I can honestly see Norman leaving. I think he would make a great partner for DCE at the Titans. Sezer to Manly.

caylo

Bench
Wud like to see Sandow at fullback, would be fun to watch, I'd watch all Parra matches if Sandow was there full-time.

Id have him at fullback over norman but would be questionable in a lot of areas including under the high ball and in defence but if Bowen, millford, barba could do it i think sandow could just not sure id want him learning fullback in first grade tbh

bartman

Immortal
So Seward says we can still be active in the player market, and that Norman and Sandow remain part of our future plans.

Sounds good to me. Decision comes down to keeping Hoppa, and whether we plan for his future in the centres or at fullback - and we sign somene else to fill the other gap accordingly.

Avenger

Immortal
So Seward says we can still be active in the player market, and that Norman and Sandow remain part of our future plans.

Sounds good to me. Decision comes down to keeping Hoppa, and whether we plan for his future in the centres or at fullback - and we sign somene else to fill the other gap accordingly.
There's a good fullback coming back in August. f**k Hoppa. :lol:

bartman

Immortal
:lol:

Don't you want him to make the cut over there, Avenger? Even I want to see the guy succeed, even if it's against the odds.