What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary's excuse book

grouch

First Grade
I found it amusing that the self-proclaimed straight shooter referenced an "excuse book" in his presser last night, when throughout his short and embarrassing tenure in the head coach role he has proven to be the excuse king. He's on Ricky Stuart's level when it comes to deflecting pressure away from himself.

Figured we could use this thread as a compilation of his excuse making.

First up:

Blaming the players for our woeful game plan last night:

Supercoach said:
I thought [our attacking sets] last week wasn't good enough. I gave team ownership of that [to the team]. They wanted to change a few things. A couple of things went OK. The excuse book will be left at the door tomorrow at training."

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...-winless-start-to-season-20150316-1m0mym.html

Here blaming our focus on "D" for our poor attack, even though all the press through the off-season was about how we'd focused on attack.

Supercoach said:
"Our biggest thing has been our D from last week, we wanted to improve that and that has been our major focus.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-15-years-20150317-1m0pna.html?skin=text-only

hazzbeen

Bench
Bottom line is we dont have the team to be a real threat......and dont have a coach that can over achieve with the players we have........

BennyV

Referee
Bottom line is we dont have the team to be a real threat......and dont have a coach that can over achieve with the players we have........

Honestly, I dont believe that. We have some good players in our team. Guys like Friz and Thompson COULD be weapons. Put that team inder Hasler, Madge or Cleary and we have won the last 2 games easily.

hazzbeen

Bench
Honestly, I dont believe that. We have some good players in our team. Guys like Friz and Thompson COULD be weapons. Put that team inder Hasler, Madge or Cleary and we have won the last 2 games easily.

Benny you are probably right..... that was going to be my next question how would this team go say under Maguire......?

Nealo 12

Bench
He talks a lot about the "D" there is your problem right there ...taking short cuts must transform to training.

The Nick

Bench
Perhaps you could rename this thread "Grouch's Mary thread" and just repeat yourself over and over in here?

Gomarchin

Juniors
the guy struggled as a Premier League coach and then as an assistant coach to Price last year. Why is anyone surprised by the way the team are performing? I hope the imposter continues to get exposed for the fraud he is.

grouch

First Grade
Perhaps you could rename this thread "Grouch's Mary thread" and just repeat yourself over and over in here?

Attempting to deflect attention away from the coach and onto something else. Mary would be surprised to know people can actually learn something from him

rainman44

Bench
the guy struggled as a Premier League coach and then as an assistant coach to Price last year. Why is anyone surprised by the way the team are performing? I hope the imposter continues to get exposed for the fraud he is.

I think he already is exposed. All off season to orginise our attack too only look worse then when we had Price. Disgrace.

southslavia

Juniors
i think this thread is ridiculous. basically we should all post 'excuses' Mary's made. it's absolutely unproductive and has no conversation whatsoever. Maybe we can talk about things Mary could've done differently, or where the players could improve, but just a crap-on-the-coach thread is poitnless and goes nowehere. just a bunch of grown men w@anking each other off

Maybe Mary is a master behind the scenes.

I suspect he has suggested that Flanno use Bird at 5/8. Master stroke. Through the kid to the Wolves. (If rumour is to be believed)

Seriously, between us we have Mary, Flanno and Price (Larry, Curly and Moe)

Latest posts