What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

Haffa

Serious question, do you think all episodes of this show are great?

I think you're overrating it a tad.

----
I thought it was pretty average again. As Bileduct said that Francine scene was ridiculous and pretty much repeated later on in the episode at the warehouse, though it that situation it was slightly more believable. The Doctor being an abusive husband seems like lazy writers finding an excuse for Rick to f**k his wife. Carol acting like a complete arsehole to everyone seems stupid, even when she killed the people at the prison she thought she was doing it in the interest of everyone. Preacher man f**king things up also seems stupid considering the fact they kept him alive when he's pointless proves they have at least somewhat good intentions, though I suppose you can't expect coherent thought from someone invoking Satan.

Most of the stuff you mentioned is running true to the comic.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
only 2eps left ffs.
anyway enjoyed this episode.
the black guy must have asked for a contract upgrade.
should be 2 great episodes coming.
typical preacher saving his own arse.
that's what god would want.

T.S Quint

Coach
Serious question, do you think all episodes of this show are great?

I think you're overrating it a tad.

Nah, I don't think every episode is great.
I just think there's a lot of posts going the other way where no one seems to actually like the show, but they watch anyway. I thought I'd try and keep this thread from becoming just full of hate.

Having said that, there aren't many episodes I haven't actually enjoyed. Obvioiusly some are better than others, but I've rarely been bored while watching the show. I don't think everything they do is 'great', but it keeps me entertained. I don't watch as many shows as I used to.

Episodes that I think could actually be called great are only the first 2, The one where Carroll kills Lizzy and the first ep of season 5. The shows characters are all so unlikable for the most part and the writing is lazy and stupid.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Fmd what a shit episode! The 2nd last of the season an nothing happens other than the usual geniuss being geniused...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Loving the slow build towards an inevitable conflict between Rick's group and the other. They've finally managed to get that blurred line conflict they've angled for and failed to achieve in the past.

Rick finally snapping was fun to watch.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
the episode was painfully slow.
the music at the start felt like someone attacking my ears with a grater.

Last edited:

whall15

Coach
Another terrible episode which completely typifies what an abysmal back half to the season this has been.

Rick's actions have been completely vindicated by the wife basher and Gabriel's idiocy.

Morgan shows up which isn't exactly a surprise considering its been foreshadowed for 6 months.

The other 'bad' people seem like arseholes but also don't seem like a particularly big threat to Rick et al. They'll probably come across them beginning of next season and whilst it'll be drawn out they'll beat them pretty easily.

Boring.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Well it looks as though those guys are building somewhat of a Walker army to probably storm the compound so I think they're a bit of a threat.

whall15

Coach
Well it looks as though those guys are building somewhat of a Walker army to probably storm the compound so I think they're a bit of a threat.

I'm sure Rick and crew will dispatch of them pretty easily, though a fair few will die because the main cast is too big.

It'll probably happen in S06E08.

Latest posts