What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
Back in the old two up days, when we had to hold games in the scrub and pay a lookout a few bob to sit beside the track with a whistle to warn of big winners being followed out or cops coming in, I finally gave up trying to guess the toss.

Much easier to stand beside someone who's luck on the day was shithouse, like holding a pub black ball table all day and not being able to sink a ball the next. Another method I employed was only betting against the third head in a row, always hard to throw 3 in row.

Reminded of this whenever I listen to Jabba & Rabs, all you punters should just listen to Jabba's predictions during a game and bet against them. If he says before half time that one team is looking hagged or struggling or one team is clearly dominating find some way to bet the other way

oikee

Juniors
Gus.
You have to laugh. I mean Penrith, this club was a basketcase.
I admire Gus in the way he has turned this club around. The point i make is this club or any other Sydney club should never have got this bad.

Tigers, Bulldogs before they turned it around, Dragons, Sharks, Parra, even Manly and Rabbits were run like busted entities.
It took a neutral banker with common sense to see the potential of our code.
He did not need brains really, he just needed a commission in charge and a right to grow and make change.

Hopefully now we can expand and grow into our growth markets, Brisbane and NZ,.

As i pointed out yesterday. 4 games crowds amounted to one game played at Suncorp.

Weather it is stadium issues, support issues, or just lack of vision, is something the code now has to tackle.
Look, to me what Dave Smith is doing is nothing more than looking outside the box, that box being Sydney.
Brisbane has got to have a second team., a derby.
Same as NZ. Auckland to me is the common sense area, to others they see the coast, or Wellington in this instance.

Anyhow, no matter, growth is needed.
,,,,,,,"our stagnation is causing growth in other codes".
Our support for Sydney is holding back growth, and excitement and also allowing superstars to wander to other codes when we should be showcasing them to new teams, to new areas.
Perth is a new frontier.
We need to be acting now. Our code has stagnated as has our crowds, our interest, and our players are also holding the game to ransom, as are the clubs and dinosaurs because we have nothing new to keep their minds occupied.

You add two new teams and that is the headlines for two to three years, not Carney and Freddie.

Freddie really needs to pull his head in, Carney is no Angel and is on his tenth chance.

He deserved punishment no matter he was found innocent by the board.
The damage this one guy has done to our code, sponsors is no laughing matter.
Freddie is short on brains.

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
List of players who have damaged the code, sponsors, and probably juniors.
Fans mums and dads and juniors all have morals and ethics.

Carney, Gallen, Myles, Bird, Ferguson, Hopparte, Packer.

I know players make mistakes, and should always be giving a second and third chance, but gee whiz, would our code really miss any of those players if they were suspended and giving the last chance instead of watching our million dollar sponsors and fans leave the code.

This is where we need to be weighing up weather these players are really worth the worry.

Spend more on keeping our juniors, keeping our superstars like Johnson, Thurston, Inglis and Morlan.
Promote good, not bad.
Our code seems to promote bad.

oikee

Juniors
This is why the media get a free shot at our code.
One minute Freddie is as dumb as dogshite, next minute he makes sense.
It is the inconsistency that is doing our code harm.

Former League star Brad Fittler says late hits on ballplayers will deter young talented players from playing the game as furore grows over Knight Beau Scott’s ugly tackle on Cowboy Johnathan Thurston on Saturday night.

“When a ball player takes the ball to the line, when he gets rid of it at the right time you don’t have a right just to break his ribs. That means if he has done that at the right time then he has beat you,” Fittler said.

“It’s dangerous, it looks bad and discourages smaller talented people, because the idea is to put them on the deck so they can’t get up and hurt you.

Correct Freddie, but your thoughts on Carney are way off track. Carney had many chances, the guy is 27 to 28 years old.
It is these older players that do the damage to our code, not the younger players.
We can forgive the young guys and give them a couple of chances to redeem, older guys are just a public nuisance.
Carney should have been banned for 2 years for costing our game sponsorship loss and juniors loss.

POPEYE

Coach
Thanks ol' mate for bumping this thread, difficult while I'm in Noosa babysitting grandchildren for an injured daughter and hardworking dad to find time for trivial pursuits. Seems that while people like to laugh at you they also don't mind reading you . . . shuddering to imagine we may be alike in something

oikee

Juniors
Thanks ol' mate for bumping this thread, difficult while I'm in Noosa babysitting grandchildren for an injured daughter and hardworking dad to find time for trivial pursuits. Seems that while people like to laugh at you they also don't mind reading you . . . shuddering to imagine we may be alike in something

Laughing, listening, half the time i dont know if anyone is taking any notice of what is said.
I decided to put my posts on the red face blog as i dont get a response to any of my posts, just piss off ya pillack, go suck some mango's, or lemons sour puss.

:)

Good luck with the looking after the kids, i couldn't do it, they drive me insane.
I admire people who can work with kids. I was a kid once, so i know what they are like.

:crazy:

oikee

Juniors
Repost this over here, it is like waking the dead putting on other blogs.

The best idea our code can ever come up with is introducing a system where-as any player who leaves to go to another code, can only ever return to the wooden spooners or one of the bottom 3 teams.

It should be written into our rules. Our code should be setting the rules, not following blindly and selling out our codes players to give these code hoppers a free-kick.

Sonny Bill returning to the Roosters is not growing the code. If anything it is putting fans off, and crowds are shrinking because of the way our code treats codehoppers.

Look, here are some simple lessons our code could follow.
Strong ethics, good values and loyalty to our players in our code, not the hoppers.
They will keep hopping you keep rewarding them.
Freddie can B.S all he likes, but giving away our values is not going to grow our crowds , fans or even sponsors.

Everyone has a set of values, and morals.
You allow the code to go outside those and even sponsors question our integrity.

If a player (halfback) gets his leg broken by late-hits, it will be the ethics and values of our code again being questioned.
And that is where our code keeps leaving the door wide open to ridicule.
It is why the media, other codes, have free shots.

oikee

Juniors
Debbie Spillane has written a very good piece today.

Released from the professional responsibility of spending hours every day thinking about the issues in rugby league, I’ve realised how sick of those issues I really am. Because they are the same old issues and they’ve been done, done, done.
Where is the joy and celebration in rugby league?
It’s a game that dominates the sports news cycle in NSW and Queensland for nearly ten months a year but the stories are overwhelmingly negative.
Why, when we’re trying to get enthused about one season, are we confronted with stories about which players will be going to what teams next season?

oikee

Juniors
While fans are locked into protecting and sticking up for our declining crowds, our poorly run clubs with little support bases, our code will continue to decline.

Expand to Perth, bring in another Brisbane team to play out of Suncorp, not some small backward ground, and a second Auckland team. Let this be a warning for bringing in Wellington, a team that will have little support if they do not perform, which they wont.

Everyone needs to change they way of thinking, our marketing is crap, our clubs are not far behind, our 'cap' our 'superstars' at the right clubs,.
The media has a negative attitude, the fans have a negative attitude, our clubs are small minded and promote little new growth.

Our code needs to grow up or shut down.
The same remarks, same old excuses are the same, from 10 years ago.

Nobody is throwing up fresh ideas.

Waking up to breakfast with superleague is new. And their media and commentary is all positive and refreshing.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Roosters had the Rabbitohs hanging by their nuts and still couldn't render them unconscious, seems only injury will beat the juggernaut. Some f**king wankers are that desperate to see Souths beaten they piss their pants when the contest is even, how they get any satisfaction out of a team being a key player down getting beaten is beyond me

Anyone rubbing their hands together at the sight of Reynolds staggering from the field deserves a f**king uppercut as he returns. True League followers would be disappointed for any team that loses any player, let alone a key player. It's even tough to watch the faces of Wests supporters when Tedesco is sidelined, even though it's a foregone conclusion

Losing a player that the team has trained around all week and subsequently losing the game because of it is no different than a team losing because referee's f**ked up. The same wanker types that rejoiced at Manly's win would no doubt rejoice if the Roosters did beat Souths without Reynolds. Fairly ominous but nevertheless impressive that the Rabbitohs are near impossible to beat on a bad day for them, still I'd rather see them outplayed than decimated

Top post old mate. It's straight up primary school stuff.

expert

Juniors
List of players who have damaged the code, sponsors, and probably juniors.
Fans mums and dads and juniors all have morals and ethics.

Carney, Gallen, Myles, Bird, Ferguson, Hopparte, Packer.

I know players make mistakes, and should always be giving a second and third chance, but gee whiz, would our code really miss any of those players if they were suspended and giving the last chance instead of watching our million dollar sponsors and fans leave the code.

This is where we need to be weighing up weather these players are really worth the worry.

Spend more on keeping our juniors, keeping our superstars like Johnson, Thurston, Inglis and Morlan.
Promote good, not bad.
Our code seems to promote bad.
GI having given his wife a couple black eyes when at the storm and Thurston in a cover up by the dogs for unconsentual 6 would destroy your argument?

expert

Juniors
Roosters had the Rabbitohs hanging by their nuts and still couldn't render them unconscious, seems only injury will beat the juggernaut. Some f**king wankers are that desperate to see Souths beaten they piss their pants when the contest is even, how they get any satisfaction out of a team being a key player down getting beaten is beyond me

Anyone rubbing their hands together at the sight of Reynolds staggering from the field deserves a f**king uppercut as he returns. True League followers would be disappointed for any team that loses any player, let alone a key player. It's even tough to watch the faces of Wests supporters when Tedesco is sidelined, even though it's a foregone conclusion

Losing a player that the team has trained around all week and subsequently losing the game because of it is no different than a team losing because referee's f**ked up. The same wanker types that rejoiced at Manly's win would no doubt rejoice if the Roosters did beat Souths without Reynolds. Fairly ominous but nevertheless impressive that the Rabbitohs are near impossible to beat on a bad day for them, still I'd rather see them outplayed than decimated
If you truly believe the Coqs without Jake friend @ 9 on a 5 day turn around from a game @ Townsville with a fergo fresh from 18months out of the game is a fair contest then you are a tard.... Hope the jug o naught knows how to make a Flat white come October.. Glory Glory to the NRL in 2014!

POPEYE

Coach
If you truly believe the Coqs without Jake friend @ 9 on a 5 day turn around from a game @ Townsville with a fergo fresh from 18months out of the game is a fair contest then you are a tard.... Hope the jug o naught knows how to make a Flat white come October.. Glory Glory to the NRL in 2014!

You fresh off a boat, speak f**king Australian if you want to converse with me but once you do be careful you don't bite off more than you can chew . . . squealing like a pig with 20mm tusks won't work here.

If you had even a modicum of intelligence you'd realise I wasn't saying anything disparaging about the Roosters dipshit, just saying like everyone else that Souths are on a roll. Losing Friend is nothing compared to losing Reynolds but the Roosters are still the only team capable of getting close on a good day . . . they're going to have to concentrate a little harder

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Caught about 10 minutes of the Canberra game and all of the Storm game so far this weekend. What is it with referees when they see purple in their peripheral. That bearded prick with the mid eastern cut went to the video after he stood a metre away in clear sight of a try . . . imagine having him stand behind you in a bar room brawl, he wouldn't scare the barmaid

Maybe Melbourne should have 3 wins on the board but if they did Bellamy would still be far from happy, although the spine imo is coming along nicely there's plenty of improvement to go. I thought the Sharks showed enough, footy IQ is more of a problem for them than application, they will get better. Flanagan it seems can at least revise his plans at the break, Sticky is lost away from the blackboard

expert

Juniors
You fresh off a boat, speak f**king Australian if you want to converse with me but once you do be careful you don't bite off more than you can chew . . . squealing like a pig with 20mm tusks won't work here.

If you had even a modicum of intelligence you'd realise I wasn't saying anything disparaging about the Roosters dipshit, just saying like everyone else that Souths are on a roll. Losing Friend is nothing compared to losing Reynolds but the Roosters are still the only team capable of getting close on a good day . . . they're going to have to concentrate a little harder
You Souths fans are all the same.. Tip; You can help your premature ejaculation by wearing 2 rubbers, it might get you through to Origin? while not being a fan of Either team but still a realist shows me your lack of knowledge... Friends missing from the Roosters is a much bigger loss Than Reynolds[goal kicking aside], Friends work in defence and around the ruck is irreplaceable being one of the best 9's in the NRL, Reynolds isn't even in the top 6 halfbacks.. The chewings easy round here!

oikee

Juniors
Caught about 10 minutes of the Canberra game and all of the Storm game so far this weekend. What is it with referees when they see purple in their peripheral. That bearded prick with the mid eastern cut went to the video after he stood a metre away in clear sight of a try . . . imagine having him stand behind you in a bar room brawl, he wouldn't scare the barmaid

Maybe Melbourne should have 3 wins on the board but if they did Bellamy would still be far from happy, although the spine imo is coming along nicely there's plenty of improvement to go. I thought the Sharks showed enough, footy IQ is more of a problem for them than application, they will get better. Flanagan it seems can at least revise his plans at the break, Sticky is lost away from the blackboard

They got robbed against Manly. Cronulla need to cut out the dirty crap they dishing up.
Gallen really needs to retire. He lashes out in every tackle while he has the ball, palming players in the head, and without the ball he always uses his forearm or elbow to give them facials.
It is not working, it just makes him more of a grub (which cant get much worse) and his team-mates are giving away penalties by following this moron.

Loved the pubteams games this weekend.
Storm Sharks was good, and Raiders Dragons was brilliant.

POPEYE

Coach
You Souths fans are all the same.. Tip; You can help your premature ejaculation by wearing 2 rubbers, it might get you through to Origin? while not being a fan of Either team but still a realist shows me your lack of knowledge... Friends missing from the Roosters is a much bigger loss Than Reynolds[goal kicking aside], Friends work in defence and around the ruck is irreplaceable being one of the best 9's in the NRL, Reynolds isn't even in the top 6 halfbacks.. The chewings easy round here!

Too easy . . . Gosford your holiday home away from Mudgee now that the Roosters have the pick of the joint?

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Now that was a proper game of footy, Souths finally met some real opposition. Taylor will probably sleep well tonight.

POPEYE

Coach
Always admired Jason Taylor, kept his place at Norths because of his goal kicking and they had less chance of attracting elite players than they did keeping Cliffy Lyons. I never thought the bloke lacked intention or knowhow, just ability to put thought into practice. Perfect resume for a possible supercoach.

His missus said he's a sucker for feel good movies, probably explains his hiccup at Souths, but it was apparent from his brief interlude in the coaching chair at Parra that he knew the game. Never know how the Eels would've fared if he'd progressed from apprentice in the joint or if he had the cattle that Madge has at Souths.

My feeling is we are about to find out if his frustration on and off the field is going to transpire into the making of a Hasler-like coach. He could turn his troops into a no nonsense machine, and with the help of adequate injury management the Tigers will become a force to be reckoned with rather than the occasional bump stop

Latest posts