What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL digital pass

joshie

Live Update Team
I bought the season pass on my phone and I was wondering how do I play that on a computer? Or do I need to buy it again?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I bought the season pass on my phone and I was wondering how do I play that on a computer? Or do I need to buy it again?

Depending on your phone, you may be able to tether it to a television/PC screen

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Not too sure if it works on the computer mate, last year it was phone and tablet only.

Not true, I used it on my computer last year, however the live games are only viewable in a small window, not full screen. Just go to the NRL website and click the "watch live" link, and enter the email and password you used to register for the digital pass.

Theres also a sort-of workaround to view full screen on your computer- use your computer's accessibility features to zoom the window up to full screen, though the resolution is pretty low.

Depending on your phone, you may be able to tether it to a television/PC screen

The app is designed to not allow this, but some phones might still do it, I'm not 100% sure.

Dogs Of War

Coach
If your signing up I suggest doing it via your clubs website so you get the benefits of membership as well. It costs the same.

Paullyboy

Coach
If your signing up I suggest doing it via your clubs website so you get the benefits of membership as well. It costs the same.

I can't see how to do this, could you clarify?

As for gamepass, don't but it in-app - if you do that it isn't transferable between devices. If you buy it via the digital pass website you can use that subscription across multiple devices.

Paullyboy

Coach
Had a look for it, doesn't appear that the Raiders do digital membership. Ah well, VPN it is.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Why would you need a club membership to get an NRL Digital Pass??

I know the NRL are thieves but they're not that dumb.

Meanwhile, you can watch live games on your laptop, according to the NRL website.

Blues Riff

Bench
You should be able to go to the NRL web site on your computer and log on using your password. I had it last year and had a few problems with it, but this season it's working fine for me on the laptop. I watch most games live now.
Please note - you only get a tiny picture (about 11x7cm), even on a laptop. This is something to do with licensing for small devices only. You can watch the replays the next day on full screen. These replays used to be free, which is why I signed up. It's not ideal, but it's a step up from radio.

ek999

First Grade
Depends how you buy it. If you buy it as an in-app purchase on your phone, you won't have access on PC

Paullyboy

Coach
And yes, you can watch all games live, on your computer.

Not if you're in QLD.

We can't watch any channel 9 games live because daylight saving confuses them. It's so ridiculous. I'd happily pay for the digital pass if they didn't treat us like idiots.

Last edited by a moderator: